Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > HELP!!! What good IR do you recommend?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll admit I haven't given IR romance alot of love lately. All that is going to change now and I need your help. I recently brought a Kindle and want to fill it up with new romance reads.
Please recommend any authors/series/books an IR newbie should have in her collection.
I like books at all heat levels. I love PNR and YA as well.
Thanks so much,
Juliette Springs

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1375 comments My favorites include:

Contemporaries:
Three Wishes by Seressia Glass
Happily Even After by Lena Matthews
Passport Diaries: A Novel by Tamara Gregory (more on the chick-lit scale but still a romance)
The Chocolate Run by Dorothy Koomson (also chick lit, but British)

Mysteries:
You can't go wrong with Judith Smith-Levin's Starletta Duval series that begins with Do Not Go Gently <--- this book is out of print but it is available at used book stores through Amazon. Well worth it!

PNR:
Shelly Laurenston regularly writes multi-cultural IR romances in her books. I'd recommend her novella in the Belong To The Night anthology to start. Gives a great idea of her writing style (she has an irreverent style of humor in her books). I'd also go with The Beast in Him. But you kinda need to read her two main series in order to keep up with what is going on.

I see you have some Lyndsay Sands on your shelf her Born to Bite is an IR.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Tina! These look like great reads! I had no idea that Sands book {Born to Bite} was IR, thanks for the info.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1375 comments No Problem. You can also browse my IR-Multicultural shelf. I think I've reviewed most the IRs on my shelf.

Also this group book-shelf is pretty comprehensive.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Tina wrote: "No Problem. You can also browse my IR-Multicultural shelf. I think I've reviewed most the IRs on my shelf.

Also this group book-shelf is pretty comprehensive."

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (boocluvr) | 6 comments Another good book that I like was by Lynn Viehl. If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl Good IR read, and start of an interesting series, if you like paranormal romance.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I love paranormal romance! Thanks for the suggestions.

message 8: by Roslyn (new)

Roslyn | 249 comments @Cassie, is the heroine in the Lynn Viehl book black? And does anyone know how to pronounce her last name?

message 9: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I just bought Passport Diaries by Tamara Gregory !

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1375 comments @Roslyn - Alexandra in the Lynn Viehl series is biracial, at one point another character refers to her as a 'sistah'. She and her brother were adopted into a white household and were discouraged to learn anything about their pasts. But that isn't because of their race, but rather because of of factors that tie into the larger story arc of the series.

Also, Alexandra isn't just in the first book. Although there are seven books with seven couples, Alex & Michael are central throughout the entire series. Lynn Viehl has called them the "series protagonists".

@Michelle - Passport Diaries was a great read! I hope you enjoy it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

message 12: by Roslyn (new)

Roslyn | 249 comments @Tina, thanks, I've requested it on Paperback Swap. It's funny, I've read Lynn's blog for years, but I've never read any of her books. I've never read much urban fantasyish stuff, but I'm looking forward to this one.