The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron King discussion

Should there be a Movie - not sure if this has been asked

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Veronica I would love it to be but I feel like this series is so epic that nothing could equal it. I mean, yes, Harry Potter was epic too, but it didn't involve an entire imaginary fae world and everything that comes along with it. If it could be done well, though, I am definitely not opposed to it! :)

I've watched a few shows lately with an actor named Wes Brown and for some reason, if he was made a little more rugged, I can see him as Ash. Maybe it's just how I imagine him, though. What do you think?

http://www.malecelebnews.com/wp-conte...

Darlene Yeah i would love for this series to be made into a book! Only, there are a lot of YA paranormalcy books that are planning to be made into movies

Veronica As long as adapters stick to the story and get the right ppl to act, there can be a movie.

Karlein Kwong Veronica wrote: "I would love it to be but I feel like this series is so epic that nothing could equal it. I mean, yes, Harry Potter was epic too, but it didn't involve an entire imaginary fae world and everything ..."

Hmmmm maybe - I guess I can see a bit of Ash in him, but to me- I think the actor in that photo is a bit older that what I had in mind for Ash haha

But But I think these guy would make a good Rowan - but only this photo LOL
http://www.manhairstyles.net/resimler...

Veronica See, I imagine Ash being in his early to mid 20's because, in my mind, being "immortal" makes the characters look more mature/older. I imagine Puck the same way.

Valerie I would love a movie for this series! It would be so awesome! I would so watch it!

Danielle I would like it to be a movie as well. The books are so good and many different fey and creatures in it I think it would make a good series. Long as Ash and Puck are hot lol.

Danielle plus it has a good story line

Ziyue Yes this should be a movie! Haunted by Taylor swift would make a great theme song for the iron daughter. I wish that they would make the series into a movie!

Jamielyn Yes of course, It would be a blockbuster movie. :)

Ziyue Tons of people would go and see it!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I WOULD LOVE IT! I can read this series one hundred times and not get borde with it.

Karlein Kwong Mimi wrote: "Yes this should be a movie! Haunted by Taylor swift would make a great theme song for the iron daughter. I wish that they would make the series into a movie!"

OMG talking about movie songs: I think this song is good for Ash's perspective (so book 4 maybe??)

Getaway by Holiday Parade

(I like the ending part of the song: Lyrics:

...We live our lives like falling stars
The way I see we've come so far and hey, i might stay.
Step back to where we were, feels like ten thousand years before
The moment that you shut the door I said, "how bout we get away?")

Kathy YES YES YES!!!!!

Daisy sanchez yes i would love if it was a movie but if they had the right people

Priyanka It would be great to see this as a movie but I think the production costs would be insanely high due to the amount of special effects that would be needed..
But I do agree with Kay - I feel most movie adaptations do not match up to the books. Look at Harry Potter - the best English actors, but still the movie did not match up to what I expected. Look at Narnia, Eragon,Twilight, DaVinci Code, Inkheart, The Golden Compass... need I go on?

Autumn Yes!Ever since I've read the Iron King I've thought it would be the perfect Movie!Please give it to me movie producesers please make this movie. I will buy 12 tickets myself if you just make this a movie.PLEASE!

Karlein Kwong Autumn wrote: "Yes!Ever since I've read the Iron King I've thought it would be the perfect Movie!Please give it to me movie producesers please make this movie. I will buy 12 tickets myself if you just make this a..."

totally agree ^^

message 19: by Kara (last edited Dec 08, 2011 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara I think these books would be great movies. I think Twilight gets a bad wrap as movies because the romance is pretty much the only story line in the book, or at least its the "main event" so to speak, and there are a ton of people who don't like that. But with Iron King, there is so much more going on. I always thought the Iron Fey idea was really creative of Kagawa and there is a war, a lot of enemies, a lot of great characters and a lot of creative extras like the gremlins and packrats. Twilight was great and all, but I just think this series would adapt better into movies. It would have to be well done though, since there are so many non-human characters I am imagining something like Narnia. Probably would have to have a lot of CGI to make it work but I would definitely love to see it!

Of course, there is the dread possibility that it could turn out like Eragon or Inkheart. It is such a shame when that happens. Eragon was such an awful movie that it made me abandon the series! I just couldn't get the awful out of my head!

It would be nice if instead of movies, ABC or NCB or HBO or someone would start doing miniseries' of all of these great YA books. Then we wouldn't have to wait so long and the books would probably be less messed-with.

message 20: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. I think a good movie adaptation could be done. Just because the Twilight movies were an epic fail it doesn't mean that it's the fate to all PNR series. I think they did a pretty good job adapting the HP series.

Veronica Omg! An HBO miniseries would be amazing but I don't think it has enough of the "adult content" that HBO likes, haha :P

Can you imagine Graceling and Fire as HBO series?! I would die of excitement! They would be amazing :)

Aycal Herondale yesssssssss pleaseee! however the script has to be good, i hate it when they make a good book a bad movie :(

but i would so watch it

message 23: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe That would be RAD! LOL!! haha;)

Rachel Aycal wrote: "yesssssssss pleaseee! however the script has to be good, i hate it when they make a good book a bad movie :(

but i would so watch it"

so true :) i hate when that happens

Chrissy I feel this series would be wonderful on screen. The books are just so descriptive and full of adventure that it would equal, even blow the lord of the rings trilogy out of the water. Ash is hot, Puck and Grim are hilarious, and Megan is a strong female lead.

I'm sure I am the only person alive who would think this, but I really like Darren Criss as Ash. He is a bit skinny and most only have seen him as a happy go lucky character, but he can box and has a decent mean look to him. IDK, as long as the guy who plays Ash looks like the guy I have in my imagination, I'll be happy.. lol

Oh, and I like the song Somewhere only we know sung by Darren Criss (lol I know I'm lame) for the movie song.

Veronica This would be a series that I would want to take years to film. To create the Nevernever and design all of the creatures should be done to the best of ability!

The CGI and effects on this series would need to be the best. After seeing movies like Avatar, where an entire world was created, it IS possible to make these movies epic.

Maybe we should petition James Cameron to do it? Haha ;)

message 27: by Katelin (new) - added it

Katelin if they were to make this into a movie i hope they use Alexander Ludwig as ash or puck

Robyn Personally, I cant decide. One part of me would love it to be a movie (if only to be able to see Ash and Grim on the big screen ^_^) but the other part doesnt. Dont get me wrong, if they made a movie I would still see it, but when I read I create the world in my head, and the way I imagine the characters is probably completely different to what one of you do, so I'd hate it if they got one of the characters wrong.
I'm sure it would still be a great movie, but it would be spoiled for me if they changed things or left stuff out because I'd know they did and be annoyed.
But if it was ever made of course I would still see it (and possibly steal the poster) :P lol
For a movie song I like Run by snow patrol. I dont know why, but it reminds me of Ash and Meghan when I listen to it :)

message 29: by Katelin (new) - added it

Katelin Zoe wrote: "if they were to make this into a movie i hope they use Alexander Ludwig as ash or puck "

I totally get your input i would hate if they got it wrong. i was sooooooo pissed when i saw ash on the cover of iron knight because he wasn't even HALF as HAWT as i imagined him. but i would probably want Josh Hutcherson because HE IS SOOOOOOOOO or taylor lautner either would make a perfect ashfor puck i've got nobody. megahan chase would be AnnaSophia Robbs.

Robyn Zoe wrote:
I totally get your input i would hate if they got it wrong. i was sooooooo pissed when i saw as..."

I know! The Ash in my mind is to amazing for a mere mortal to portray :P lol I cant really decide who I want to be the characters...Josh Hutcherson is cute, but he looks too friendly to be ash :P I imagine someone like Shiloh Fernandez but slightly younger. He was great as Peter in Red Riding Hood.

Veronica Zoe wrote: "Zoe wrote: "if they were to make this into a movie i hope they use Alexander Ludwig as ash or puck "

I totally get your input i would hate if they got it wrong. i was sooooooo pissed when i saw as..."

Taylor Lautner? NOOOOOOOOO!

Ash is pale and icy with long-ish black hair. He's a very manly man!

I'm sorry, I just can't see Taylor being princely and fighting with a sword...

Also, any hint of the Twilight movie disaster would automatically ruin the movies!

message 32: by Katelin (last edited Jan 24, 2012 09:50PM) (new) - added it

Katelin ur right i just think that he is HAWT and alex and him and josh mixed???!!!! *gasp* *sigh* *blush*

Darlene Zoe wrote: "Zoe wrote: "if they were to make this into a movie i hope they use Alexander Ludwig as ash or puck "

I like AnnaSophia Robb for Meghan too! Danielle Chuchran is my second choice.

message 34: by Katelin (new) - added it

Katelin she needs megahans eyes but she would be good too

message 35: by Katelin (new) - added it

Katelin P.S. i have the best cat for grim. (and he tends to disappear a lot) :P he is also gray (like grim)

message 36: by Kathy (last edited Jan 25, 2012 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy Correct me if I'm wrong, with all these books being made into movies and shows for TV they are all about vampires and witches or liars LOL. But there are none about fey or faeire except True Blood that's the only one I can think of. Or the fairy tale ones like Grimm and Once Upon a Time.

Veronica Kathy wrote: "Correct me if I'm wrong, with all these books being made into movies and shows for TV they are all about vampires and witches or liars LOL. But there are none about fey or faeire except True Blood ..."

There's a new show on Sy-Fy (or however they spell it now) called "Lost Girl". I haven't watch an episode yet but it's about the fae. Of course, it has cheap Sy-Fy graphics so it is nothing like what this series could be!

Even HBO buying the rights would be good even if this series isn't very adult.

Elaila I'm not trying to be the Negative Nelly here but I feel like I love this series too much that it comes to the point where I just want everything to stay the way it is. It's just one of "those great series" that I don't want to risk getting ruined. Although, if there are any director and casting director that could for sure do this movie justice, then by all means, go ahead! :)

Veronica There are alot of book adaptations being made right now so I think we can all be sated for awhile. C'mon, The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices will last years. Then there's the Tiger's Curse series and The Hunger Games. I think we're good for awhile (if the movies turn out well) ;)

Jessica Aycal Herondale wrote: "yesssssssss pleaseee! however the script has to be good, i hate it when they make a good book a bad movie :(

but i would so watch it"

same here