Love Inspired Historicals discussion

History- London Bridge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy Hubby was on vacation this week so we went to Lake Havasu City, Arizona for a night. It is only about 3 1/2 hours from us. I had always told folks that the London Bridge was there but they were only words. I had no clue how big this bridge is! Our hotel was right next to it, I could walk out of our room and go touch it, that close. They have England's flags and ours across the bridge. Just a great piece of history. It took about 2 or 3 years to disassemble and ship it, etc. Last night I learned more history and I looked at the bridge differently, although this history was probably when the bridge was wooden as it was much earlier in time. There is a display of about 12 heads (fake of course) on metal crosses with plagues telling who they were and why they were beheaded. Many were because they opposed England's church. The first man however was William Wallace. Braveheart was made about his story, I never saw it and probably won't now. It describes what happened to him and I never knew exactly what drawn and quartered was and wish I still did not! Anyways, they would display the heads on these metal crosses on the bridge. Interesting but very disturbing how evil men can be in their torture tactics. Just thought I'd share an interesting piece of history. I'll try and post some pics in the photo section as well.

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments Hey I read a book about London Bridge in Arizona this year or was it last year it was a camp club girls book.

message 3: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Judy that sure was interesting I am sure to see something like that and to learn all the history of it. I like going to things like that, history facinates me.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I found out how interesting history is when we started homeschooling. I learned more than the boys I think!