The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 5.7. Third stone from the sun

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Dec 07, 2011 05:14AM) (new)

Sandy | 16177 comments Mod
5.7. Third stone from the sun.
Since Earth is the third planet from the sun, read a book that is part of a trilogy, or is #3 in a series. The main Goodreads page for the book must note it as being part of a series. All three books of a trilogy must be published by the end of the challenge.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Sandy (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (stacita) | 241 comments Do all three books of the trilogy need to be already-published? I'm trying to fit in a book that is #1 of a planned trilogy - the first two are published and the third is slated for June 2012 publication. Would that do, or do I need to find another place for it?

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Stacey wrote: "Do all three books of the trilogy need to be already-published? I'm trying to fit in a book that is #1 of a planned trilogy - the first two are published and the third is slated for June 2012 publ..."

the whole trilogy needs to be published.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7687 comments Sandy - what if the book is part of a trilogy that falls in another series

I wanted to read Undone - which is #1 in her Georgia trilogy, but also falls within another series she has written

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "Sandy - what if the book is part of a trilogy that falls in another series

I wanted to read Undone - which is #1 in her Georgia trilogy, but also falls within another series she has..."

from reading the descriptions of her works, it sounds as if this is a separate trilogy of its own, just that it brings in characters in her other series. Since GR calls it #1 in this series, which has 3 books in it, I think it works just fine.

Sounds interesting, too - sigh.....like my tbr list isn't long enough!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7687 comments lol! thanks! I love her writing, and got to meet her a few months back at a book signing - totally awesome - I got there late, because of traffic and she hung around and signed some stuff for me

message 9: by mstan (last edited Dec 11, 2011 05:52PM) (new)

mstan | 876 comments I was planning to read Sabriel, which is widely described as part of the Abhorsen trilogy, but I just found out that a #4 is due to be published in 2013. It looks like a prequel though... Here it is. Can I still use Sabriel for this task?

message 10: by Sandy (new)

mstan wrote: "I was planning to read Sabriel, which is widely described as part of the Abhorsen trilogy, but I just found out that a #4 is due to be published in 2013. It looks like a prequel thoug..."

It calls itself a trilogy and it doesn't sound as if the proposed 4th book is necessarily even in the same chain of events. Since it doesn't seem to continue the trilogy and it's so far in the future, I'm good with your using this.

When you post, please indicate that it was approved in the help thread.

message 11: by mstan (new)

mstan | 876 comments Thanks Sandy!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments Is Checkmate ok as 3rd in a series?

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sarah wrote: "Is Checkmate ok as 3rd in a series?"

It says it's #3 in the series, so it clearly fits the task, unless you have some reason to belive that the GR series info is wrong.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments Sandy wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Is Checkmate ok as 3rd in a series?"

It says it's #3 in the series, so it clearly fits the task, unless you have some reason to belive that the GR series info is wrong."

Thanks Sandy, no, I'm pretty sure it's 3rd, it's just that not each version of each of the 4 books showed up as being part of that series, so I wasn't sure :)