The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 5.6. Other People Liked It, Why Not Me?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Dec 09, 2011 06:09PM) (new)

Sandy | 15684 comments Mod
5.6. Other People Liked It, Why Not Me?
Read a book that was nominated for the 2011 GR Choice Awards, in any category. Normal rules apply, such as page limits.

NOTE: Now that the voting is over, the complete list of the 20 nominees in each category is again available. Go to http://www.goodreads.com/award/choice... and you'll see all the winners. If you click on a category in the list on the left, that will bring up all 20 nominees in the category.

DLMRose put together a wonderful google.docs spreadsheet, listing the nominees before they got winnowed down. Goodreads Choice Nominees

REQUIRED: Indicate the category in which your book was nominated.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Sandy (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Where do you find the GR Choice Awards list?

message 6: by Debra (last edited Nov 30, 2011 04:19PM) (new)

Debra (debra_t) The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nominee. There are a lot fewer choices in ALL categories than there were when the task was first posted. What happened?

message 7: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 896 comments Debra wrote: "The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nominee. There are a lot fewer choices in ALL cat..."

I think these are the final choices now. The link I gave is for the actual voting.

The link in post one is working for me.

message 8: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) Sassafrass wrote: "Debra wrote: "The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nominee. There are a lot fewer choi..."

Hmmmm, for me using Mozilla Firefox, the first link doesn't go to same site as the 2nd link. I get a weird table when I click on the first link with covers of some of the nominated books.

I guess I'm going to have to pick another book now that the list has been significantly reduced. The horror category originally had 20 nominees, now many less.

message 9: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 896 comments Debra wrote: "Sassafrass wrote: "Debra wrote: "The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nominee. There a..."

That's what it supposed to be Debra. DLM Rose made a spreadsheet of all of the nominees. So the cover is supposed to help you pick.

message 10: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katmcv) | 457 comments Debra wrote: "Sassafrass wrote: "Debra wrote: "The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nominee. There a..."

Use that spreadsheet with all the covers (tabs to different categories) in order to choose. You don't have to choose a new book. :)

message 11: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) Katrina wrote: "Debra wrote: "Sassafrass wrote: "Debra wrote: "The link in msg 5 works, but the one in msg 1 doesn't work any longer. PLUS, the book I selected from the Horror category is no longer listed as a nom..."

OK, now I get it. Thanks for the help!

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Now that the voting is over, the complete listing of the 20 nominees in each category is again available.
If you go to http://www.goodreads.com/award/choice..., you'll see the winners. If you click on a category in the list on the left, that will bring up all 20 nominees in that category.