Teenage Dream discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments What do you think about it?
Do you cut? Do you know someone who does? Have you ever been tempted? Etc.

And please guys, try to be respectful with people's opinions. Because you never know what that person might be going through that lead them to that path.

Enjoy! ^___^

message 2: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments I cut but when someone calls me out on it I go back.

message 3: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
whaa? You cut??

message 4: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments I'm tired people cutting me and the line gets longer and longer until I just want to give up so I just cut because I'm just tired but I still have some nce in me so when people call mr out on it I go to the end because I deserve it and it's wrong.

message 5: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Whoa..... O_O Zoha you cut??

Dude.... I would have like never guessed that O.o I was actually afraid that if I told you that I cut you'd get pussed off cuz we're Muslim, but then again not everyone perfect.

I cut, but not because I get mad at my sister or something(I just trash her room >.<) but when I'm angry at myself. I'm mad whenever I feel so lost, so stupid, so.... Niave. So I guess you can say I punish myself because I'm not happy with myself. I'm disappinted in myself, and I'm devestated that I got to a point where it's hard to get back to where I was, where the problems wernt as bad.

But no body knows, only two of my friends who also cut, but they think I stopped. They like cornered me at lunch O.o

But no one else knows, because I'm afraid that they'll never look at me the same. My best friend doesn't even know... Sad really, because I can honestly tell you that not one single person in this world knows all of my secrets, because I can't trust anyone fully, I wish I could, but I just can't, because I get worried that they'll tell or yell at me or idk....

So yeah... O.o

But do yourself a favor guys, and if you've ever been tempted, but never had, then don't do it. Take my word for It I didn't listen when people told me not to, and now the longest I've gone without it is a month. But every now an then, I always get tempted. I hope I stop, but knowing me, I'd probably screw up somehow then do it again, as my 'punishment' from myself.

Just to let you know, it isn't anything bad or dirty O.o when I punish myself I do it because I get mad when I realize how much of a f*cling retard I am....

message 6: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Wait.... Zoha your not talking about getting cut in the lunch line are you....? Like crowding....?

Because that's not what I meant in this topic. I wish I cutted line instead... Of something else... O.o

message 7: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Cutting is bad ik tat ijust don't get how it is

message 8: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Cut in lunch line yes but in another line heck no!!!!! I respect other people and wait for my turn!!!

message 9: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Im confused is this about budging in front of ppl?

message 10: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments I think so. I'm not so sure though.

message 11: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ohhh....

message 12: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments No Zoha, umm I didn't mean that cutting.... I meant like cutting your wrists?or some people do ankles or other areas... I wish I cutt in the lunch line.... Well I already do, with my friends lol I crowd them sometimes, but I wishrhat was the only cutting that I did....

message 13: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments O,h wait what??!!!!!!!!!? You're a cutter??? How??? I'm sorry but i might just go mom on you.

message 14: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Cutting is wrong but I guess it sort of make sense when you have reasons of sort even thou if u can get outbp of it and like idk hit a pillow when ur angrybat urself tat does sound better

message 15: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Ayesha: Well yeah that I understand, and I do have my reasons(which I'm not ready to share yet, sorry guys). But I do hate it though when people do it just for fun, or because they wanna be 'emo'. Which is stupid cuz once I saw a girl cut right infront of our teacher and her 'friends' and they didn't do shut. And was even proud of it, which made me and my friends sick. But yeah I know what you mean. I personaly don't do it because of stuff happening around me, Like my family or friends. They're actually amazing and I'm thankful to have them, but I do it because I feel horrible about myself, like how I'm useless and stuff.

Zoha: I honestly wouldn't expect more or less from you. And don't be sorry I probably deserve it.... u__u

message 16: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Tell your parents that you do it. I know you don't want to but or say that you saw someone cut. Ask them if it Haram to do it or not. Ask if it is haram to hurt yourself on purpose because you think you deserve it. Just ask them.

message 17: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments After they told you about it I will let myself go all Emam on you.

message 18: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha *Hanna*)(BROKEN)( wrote: "Ayesha: Well yeah that I understand, and I do have my reasons(which I'm not ready to share yet, sorry guys). But I do hate it though when people do it just for fun, or because they wanna be 'emo'. ..."

lol i don't think tis haram there is nothing about it in the quran..i think but its not right to think your useless technically you wouldn't be born into the world if you were suppose to be useless

message 19: by Catie (new)

Catie I understand. I used to cut but with help it got better. I still sometimes have the urges but with counseling and support from my family I've escaped the stuff that really hurt me, including the part of myself that was hurting me. I know you probably hear it all the time but it gets better. You'll look at those scars that you have and they will just be a reminder of how much worse things can be. I you can take the huge plunge to ask for help, and I mean really ask for it, you'll be so much better off. If you take that plunge you will be one of the few people that has seen and overcome so much. In the span of the 2 weeks after I stopped cutting I learned so much about myself and how strong i really was. Its hard. Its really hard but there are so many other ways to deal with this kind of stuff. I know I sound like a tacky motivational speaker right now but you can do it! I promise!

message 20: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Sorry dude but I'm not telling them, but I did stop I havnt done it in a while...

And maybe it is, because I doubt that there were cutters back then when the Quran was made. Just like nail polish, you can't wear it while praying, but they didn't have it back them.

message 21: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha you've gota point there........but I still mean that you wouldn't be born if your not useless

message 22: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha y?

message 23: by Catie (new)

Catie That's why I started. My sister died and I couldn't handle it.

message 24: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha when I lost someone really close to me I was told they were still there watching me even if I couldn't(it was by someone who still thinks I'm 3) and I just hole up in my bed and just pray instead...

message 25: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha try it sounds super cheesey but trying something differnet then cutting and it could work

message 26: by Catie (new)

Catie You have to just take the day minute my minute. It sucks and it hurts every second of it and cutting made it better but until you stop and start talking to people about it, it hurts more. And it hurts so much that it feels good to cut. But if that person saw you doing that, would they be happy. Would they look at you and admire that you are hurting yourself even if its not by cutting yourself but by becoming so bogged down by their loss? That's at least where I pulled my strength not to do something much worse than cutting myself.

message 27: by Catie (new)

Catie I'm not you and I don't know exactly what you are going through because its diffrent for everyone. All I know is that it still hurts like hades to even go through the day. But somehow you make it though one and then you do it with the next and then the next and the next.

message 28: by Catie (new)

Catie If you need someone to talk to just pm me anytime.

message 29: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments *Hanna*)(BROKEN)( wrote: "Sorry dude but I'm not telling them, but I did stop I havnt done it in a while...

And maybe it is, because I doubt that there were cutters back then when the Quran was made. Just like nail polish,..."

You saying it like you are positive. We have no idea what the people back then did. What if they did?? How are we to know that and FYI Ayesha and Hanna it is haram. It is either in the Quaran or one of what our prophet said. Either way it's haram. Who are you to judge what kind of punishment you get for what deed?? Allah is the only one to decide. You know that. Both of you know that. You can't decide something like that. I had thought about cutting and thought I deserved it but truly I never had the guts to do it. I would be like ouch it hurts someone give me a puppi

message 30: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Aww I'm sorry to hear for your lose Victor.

And sorry Zoha, I didn't mean it in a way like I know a 100% but it probably is, because any self harm is haram. And I know that ut is but... I mean cone on we all do sins everyoe once in a while, and we all know that none of us are 100% holy. But I'm sorry I can't tell anyone, I'm suprised I even write ut out here. If I knew any of you in real life I wouldn't even make this topic. But I'm sorry I just don't trust anyone 100%. I used to tell my bff everything intell I found out that she tells her older sister as if they were her secrets. After that u decided to not trust anyone. My brothers I'm not that close with, my parents are too old fashion to understand, my sisters are total preps that think that I'm turning atheist just cuz I listen to rock, and like I said if I can't trust my bff then I honestly can't trust anyone else. I mean I think I told almost all my secrets to people, but it's more spread out, like I tell some to my sis, some to my bff, some to a friend from school, etc.

message 31: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments I should have never made this topic u___u

message 32: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Zoha wrote: "*Hanna*)(BROKEN)( wrote: "Sorry dude but I'm not telling them, but I did stop I havnt done it in a while...

And maybe it is, because I doubt that there were cutters back then when the Quran was ma..."

i know it probably is and we're not deciding if its like a huge sin or not(maybe is) but I mean hanna has a point everyone does something in life that they're obiviously not proud off commit bad sins but like you said is Allah's to decide adn know I mean you cna't be sure what teh person doing it has gone throu to put them in that positon

message 33: by Ayesha (last edited Nov 26, 2011 08:03PM) (new)

Ayesha *Hanna*)(BROKEN)( wrote: "I should have never made this topic u___u"

nah actually its a gud way of learning others opinions on things like this i think its a gud thing u did so ppl can actually know y others do it and stuff like tat(idk most of wat i say in real life i have no clue bout this srry i suck at this but if tat made anysense to u...)

message 34: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Yes but it's our choice to be a good Muslim and yes all of us have these big bad sins we do but we can also try not to do it. Not dismiss it as one of my daily sins I can't help, because you can help it. Do you not love Allah enough to at least try. But a big sin like cutting yourself?? Doesn't the guilt eat you alive leaving nothing but pain. Pain that you can't stand. That doesn't feel good. And if your postion is something like that then you are being tested. And cutting yourself is you failing. It's okay to think about it because it's niot haram to think about it.

message 35: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Well I know that. I mean I havnt Dona anythig for a whole month, and I am proud. But you dint know how tempted you can get. And yes I do try, everyday I'm always thinking if I should or not. And it's not like I got mad at my mom or something then did it, it's because I'm mad at myself and feel like I need to teach myself a lesson, and so far it was the only way of stopping myself from doing other things, and whenever I did do them I wanted to harm myself again...

message 36: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

Zoha wrote: "O,h wait what??!!!!!!!!!? You're a cutter??? How??? I'm sorry but i might just go mom on you."

OHMYGOSH!! This is soooo funny.

Zoha!! Hahahahaha

message 37: by ada (new)

ada (adagee) Have you ever read Returnable Girl by Pamela Lowell ?

There's a girl who cuts herself that leaves deep scars.

message 38: by ada (new)

ada (adagee) I'm too scared to cut myself...

message 39: by ada (new)

ada (adagee) me=wimp

message 40: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments It's okay.
You & Me = wimp

message 41: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments No trust me guys, I persoanly think that the people who don't cut, but are always tempted to(even if they are scared) are always alot more tougher and stronger then the ones who do cut, and I'm sure that most people would agree with me on that. And don't ever do it, it gets addicting :/

message 42: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Trust us we are wimps. I am at least.

message 43: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

I have nothing to cause me to even think about cutting.

message 44: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments That's because we have desi parents.

message 45: by ada (new)

ada (adagee) yaa!!!!! wimps rule!

message 46: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

HECK YEAH!! :)

Yeah, go desis!!

message 47: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Yeah but you never know, there could be bad desi parents. My parents are amazing too, and they are NOT the reason why I did what I did.

message 48: by Zoha (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 1069 comments Hanna, darling I'm saying this because I love you. You don't have any idea what we are talking about. It is kind of a desi inside joke about desi parents. Nothing about them being good or bad has to do with it. I can't explian it but they are desi! If only you knew the things I knew. You would laugh at what I just said.

message 49: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 620 comments Oh lol XP ok sorry I sort of read the comments fast here lol so it sounded like you were serious. Now I just read it alot slower an it makes sense XP oops..... Lol x)

message 50: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

Haha, this is funny...

« previous 1