Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel discussion

Parabatai...spoiler fo City of Lost Souls

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor “I know about parabatai,” said Magnus, his voice rising in pitch. “I’ve known parabatai so close they were almost the same person; do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —”
I think this is obviously referencing Jem and Will. I think that Jem is going to die maybe in the next book and it'll give us in detail about Will's reaction. Any thoughts?

Cindy if Jem dies, a little piece of my heart will die with him.....but you never know what could happen...cassandra clare has a thing with shocking her readers with the randomest events....

Lucille If Jem dies, I will never read a Cassandra Clare book again.

The Mortal Instruments is an exception, of course.

Sema Wow that's cool that you have figured that out! I really liked Jem..

It also appeared to me Will and Jace are practically the same, if you know what I'm saying.

Mithrendiel Good catch on that quote, Taylor. I agree with your assessment - it does seem likely that's a reference to Will and Jem. But we don't know which one dies. Either could really. Jem has his illness, but Will has his dark past, and whatever evil he unleashed.

Unfortunately between the two Jem seems the most likely candidate for death. The foreshadowing has already been placed in the story. But I have to agree that it would break my heart - he's such an amazing character. So wise, and compassionate... le sigh.

Taylor I love Jem...I really do but I I think I love Will more. So many people go on about how Will is horrible but I don't think that thats it. And also I'm worried that she won't end up with either one of them because Tessa showed up at the end of City of Glass and she was alone. Neither of the possible canidates for her love life are immortal like her. But then again In City of Lost Souls, there is reference to an immortallity spell. Alec asked Magnus if that was what he was looking for. So I'm not really sure. I'm afraid this book might even be more heart wrenching than City of Bones.

message 7: by Dal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dal I hope not. I mean I like Jem, he's the one that makes sense in the book.

message 8: by Katherine (last edited Dec 25, 2011 10:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katherine Does anyone else feel like it would be too...obvious if Jem died? Of his illness at least. It says in the first book that he's going to, so if he did...it just wouldn't be very exciting/unpredictable, you know?
I have NO idea how this love triangle is going to be resolved, but I'm inclined to think she'll end up with Will. Maybe Jem will find someone else..? :/ I do like him too, and want him to be happy. It's hard because everything has to happen in only one book.
And...Tessa is immortal. Will and Jem aren't. Being with them, means being with them for their life, I guess. Think of Alec and Magnus. And of course she'll end up with one of them. Cassandra confirmed it.

Sarah This discussion is not a spoiler for City of Lost Souls,it is a spoiler for Clockwork Prince. I was misinformed.

Megan Katherine wrote: "Does anyone else feel like it would be too...obvious if Jem died? Of his illness at least. It says in the first book that he's going to, so if he did...it just wouldn't be very exciting/unpredictab..."

Wait, she confirmed that Tessa WILL end up with either Will or Jem?

Kelli Katherine wrote: "Does anyone else feel like it would be too...obvious if Jem died? Of his illness at least. It says in the first book that he's going to, so if he did...it just wouldn't be very exciting/unpredictab..."

That's exactly what I was thinking! It'd be really obvious if Jem died of his illness..and it makes me really sad to think that they're both going to get old and die and leave poor Tessa all alone

Katherine She confirmed that Tessa will be with one of them, she didn't say who, of course.

Katherine Kelli wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Does anyone else feel like it would be too...obvious if Jem died? Of his illness at least. It says in the first book that he's going to, so if he did...it just wouldn't be very ex..."

I know it's hard. But think of Magnus. She won't be alone, there will always be new people.

Kelli Katherine wrote: "Kelli wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Does anyone else feel like it would be too...obvious if Jem died? Of his illness at least. It says in the first book that he's going to, so if he did...it just would..."

Yea that's true I kinda forgot about him for a little lol

Megan Except that in The Mortal Instruments it doesn't seem like Magnus and Tessa are in touch. Although that's probably because
A. Shes dead
B. Will or Jem is alive
or C. (most probable)CC doesn't want anything spoiled for TID.

Katherine Well I meant "think of Magnus" like, think of how he lives. He meets new people and repeatedly falls in love and always has friends.
And actually, Tessa is the girl who Clary briefly sees talking to Magnus at the outdoor party at the end of City of Glass. They meet eyes, Clary thinks she looks familiar, then the moment passes. Cassandra has said we'll probably be seeing her again!
(Actually she's refused to say anything. But if she wasn't coming back, Cassie would just say so).

Megan Oh yeah I forgot about that! That would be interesting to see if she makes another appearance.