Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

Group Reads > Choosing The Next Group Read

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
So which book would you like us all to read together next month?

Let's use this thread to discuss the next book. Make suggestions and the one most voted will be selected. You guys have a whole month to suggest and vote reads, at the end of the month I'll pick the one with more votes.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I know that it isn't a Nicholas Sparks book but those of you who liked Nicholas Sparks might like a book called "Choosing to SEE: a journey of struggle and hope" by Mary Beth Chapman :)

It's a really good book and my mum, my little sister and I love it :)

For those of you who don't know who Mary Beth is, she is the wife of the singer Steven Curtis Chapman :)
For those of you who don't know who he is, he is a singer who is able to sing about how he feels. For example, he wrote a song called "Cinderella" when his eldest daughter got engaged :)

message 3: by valee, Your moderator (last edited Nov 22, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
Shannon, this is a thread to select a book to read which hasn't been written by NS . So thank you for the suggestion.

So for now our options for December are:

Choosing to SEE A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons The Texan's Touch (Texas Brothers, #1) by Jodi Thomas Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern

**I will add in this comment all the suggestions for December so closer to next month we can see them all together and choose easily.

message 4: by valee, Your moderator (last edited Nov 20, 2011 08:29AM) (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
I'm gonna make some suggestions of my own, let me know what you guys think:

*The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander #1)
by Paullina Simons
This one because I heard and read only amazing things about it and have been postponing it forever.

*The Texan's Touch (Texas Brothers #1)
by Jodi Thomas
This one because I read another series from this author and loved it and I would definitely like to read another one.

message 5: by Clouddancer (new)

Clouddancer | 4 comments those books sound really great. I know another book called "where rainbows end" by cecelia ahern. It's a really lovely ovel about love and friendship.

message 6: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
I love this recommendation. I would love to read this one, I'll add it to the list. I really hope everybody chooses this one now,lol.

message 7: by Sonnie Jo (new)

Sonnie Jo I fine with whatever you guys choose.

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison Urban A good book that you guys could read is Elephant Run, by Roland Smith.

message 9: by Sonnie Jo (new)

Sonnie Jo Nicholas Sparks new one "The Best of Me" might be a good one.

message 10: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 13 comments I read Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman..it's a great book!!!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4 comments The Texan Touch!!! :)

message 12: by Sonnie Jo (new)

Sonnie Jo What's it gonna be for December?

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4 comments yyeah what???

message 14: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 4 comments Is there going to be another group read soon?