Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) Moon Called discussion

good shifter, werewolf SERIES

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheyenne i need help with a new series to read. i am looking for something along the lines of the mercy thompsan series, wolves of mercy falls, oorr the shifter series.. THANKKSS

dbbks3 Have you read Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lora Leigh (Breed Series), Shelly Laurenston (also writes as GA Aiken), Christine Warren just to name a few.

Michielle Cheyenne wrote: "i need help with a new series to read. i am looking for something along the lines of the mercy thompsan series, wolves of mercy falls, oorr the shifter series.. THANKKSS"

Have you read the Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs?
I agree w/ Deanna, Feehan's Dark series(22 stories/books) Dark Prince and the Leopard series (5)Wild Rain are great. Marjorie M. Liu's Dirke & Steele(11) Tiger Eye has shifters and other paranormal characters. Angela Knight's Mageverse (13)Master of the Night has it all, shifters, vamps and witches. And great twist on Arthur & the Round Table.

Delia I really enjoyed the werecat series by Rachel Vincent. There are 6 books total, starting with Stray. The series is worth the read if you can find it :)

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (last edited Nov 18, 2011 08:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) Mercy and Alpha/Omega are tops, IMO. I am still searching for a good werewolf series, but PB has spoiled me.

I do like Kresley Cole's lykae in the Immortals After Dark, but they aren't quite true werewolves in the traditional sense.

Haley Cheyenne wrote: "i need help with a new series to read. i am looking for something along the lines of the mercy thompsan series, wolves of mercy falls, oorr the shifter series.. THANKKSS"

So I don't know if you've read this or not but how about Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It's a trilogy, the 2nd one is called Trail by Fire and there's a third and finish book coming out next year. It's a really good series. A little different then PB style though, abd it's teen.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I'll have to check this book out too.

AlbertaJenn Delia wrote: "I really enjoyed the werecat series by Rachel Vincent. There are 6 books total, starting with Stray. The series is worth the read if you can find it :)"

I second the Shifters series! Excellent books!

message 9: by Cindy (last edited Nov 22, 2011 08:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cindy I would suggest the series written by Keri Arthur, the Riley Jenson series, she is a were and become involved with a vamp and a were throught out the series. Good thing about this series is you can read all the way to the series end, book in order of read are as follows:

Full Moon Rising, Kissing Sin, Tempting Evil, Dangerous Games, Embraced by Darkness, The Darkest Kiss, Deadly Desire, Bound to Shadows, Moon Sworn

Cheyenne thanksss guys. this really helped.. :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I'll be checking out the Riley Jenson series too!

dbbks3 I started the Riley Jenson series, but got bored. Will read if nothing else available.

message 13: by Cindy (last edited Nov 22, 2011 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cindy Have you read The Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews. Please note the first book is a little slow until about the halfway point, lots of world and charcter building going on. But the series is fantastic! The book order is as follows:

Magic Bites
Magic Burns
Magic Strikes
Magic Bleeds
Magic Slays

Jeanine Of course you can't go wrong with Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series either.

Melissa I would also recommend TALES OF AN URBAN WEREWOLF series by Karen MacInerney. It is a 3 book series and would also recommend the Riley Jensen series. Some of the books in the middle drag a bit but the last 3 are awesome.

Tilly Slaton Check out Rebecca York's Moon series. All about werewolves :) It's awesome with an interesting twist a few books in. She falls into more of a fantasy way out there alternative reality world around the 5th book (I think) but she's awesome and I am glad I snagged one of her books! I'll post reviews after I am finished rereading the Dark-Hunter series.

message 17: by Missyb (last edited Nov 23, 2011 05:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Missyb Dark Hunter series by Kenyon has lots of different types of shifters.
Crimson Moon series by Banks has wolfs.
Immortals After Dark by Cole, wolfs.
The Elder Races by Thea Harrison has dragons, griffiths, thunderbird, & a few other things.
Sookie Stackhouse by Harris, wolfs, tiger, Sam.
Anita Blake by Hamilton, tigers, wolfs, leopards, swan, rats, hyenas, snake, lions, & maybe a few more.
Feral Warriors by Palmer, lion, tiger, snake, hawk, wolf.
Riley Jenson by Keri Arthur, wolfs, and other critters.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I guess I'll be keeping the library busy for awhile with all of these books.

dbbks3 I agree with many above recommendations. I love Pamela Palmer, Thea Harrison, Rebecca York, Christine Warren. Lora Leigh's Breed series are not weres but have had DNA altered with animals. Very interesting series. I am not a Sookie Stackhouse fan in the books. (Surprisingly I love the TV show Trueblood. Very unusual for me to like the movie/tv versions over the original books). I repeat that Christine Fenhan has both Vampires and Weres. Very compelling. Emma Holly has vamps that transform along with her alternant universe. I still recommend Shelly Laurenston. Her weres are funny, loyal, mean if need be and family oriented. Please read them. Look for her were books. Also under the name GA Aiken she has dragons. A lot of laughts mixed into her books. Katie MacAlister has her dragon series. Also filled with laughter.

Jessica I can't believe no one recommended Carrie' Vaughn's Kitty and the Midnight Hour series yet! My favorite of all the werewolf/shapeshifter tales. Fast reads with lots of excitement and some interesting twists. Also, can't help but love Kitty, the main character.

message 22: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill What about nalini Singh pchy/changeling series. Really hot, love it.
I will also say Shelley laurenstons books are awesome and Christine feehans leopard series is also great.

message 23: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Also Kelley Armstrong's bitten, it is a series but I can't remember the nme of the series so this is the first book. Really great read.

Trini you should check out Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Krystal Love these books remind me of a tamer anita blake!!

Missyb LA Banks Crimson Moon series is about wolfs. It also has some fae & vampires, but the main focus is the wolfs.

Nichole G Kate daniels seriesMagic Bites,its a must read if you like mercy thomson. Mercy thomson is my favorite series and kate has the same strong witty personalite.
Riley Jensen seriesFull Moon Risingis also a good one.
Shifters seriesAlpha is amazing. I finished the whole series in no time, i just could'nt put it down.
Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs if you havent read you realy should, at times i would think i liked it more then mercys series, just some times lol.

Melissa Petroski Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I love Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega Series!

Sally Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "I love Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega Series!"

So true. Nothing like it....