Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lisa-Marie is it me or did they just really mess up on this movie? more so then the other movies?

Queralt :D I'm planning to go see the movie... they released it today on Spain... do u recommend it to me? I really liked the book...

SpazzyJazzy It's alright. There were certain moments in Pt. 1 that kinda ruined it for me.

Tracey Smith None of the movies have lived up to the books, but I've learned to appreciate them for what they are and don't expect them to be as good as the books. That being said I still plan to go see the new movie tomorrow night and am very excited to see it.

BGirl I thought this one stuck to the books better than the ones before. I was very surprised at how much they showed though! It was so bloody and gross! I thought it was very good though :)

Lisa-Marie I was so disappointed. I was hoping to see more, it dragged A LOT and they left out even more. They did not touch on the Jake/Alice story line at all. If I never read the book I am guessing it would have been good but I did read it so I was sad. And yes I will be buying the DVD and going to the midnight release of part 2 because I can fill in the big gaps in my head lol.

Jamielyn It's the best movie so far in the series.

Kristen Lisa-Marie wrote: "is it me or did they just really mess up on this movie? more so then the other movies?"

I gotta say, I definitely agree. While I still think the disappointment doesn't really compare with the first one, it was pretty bad.
Partially, I think it's because it's just not one of those books that you can turn into a very good movie - I'm pretty nervous about the second half, now. I mean, if it's directed by the same person and if they stick to the book, It's going to be a pretty big let down at the end when essentially nothing happens.
I thought the actual script and acting part of it was alright, but the music just killed it. I felt like I was watching a Lifetime movie or an episode of Christy! Seriously, enough with the sappy music! At one spot, I could barely even hear what they were saying, it was so loud!
I wasn't crazy about all the changes either. The part they added with Irina being at the wedding was bearable since they had to explain the Laurent connection, but the part at the end with the Volturi was dumb. I was sitting there like, that doesn't even make sense!
But I did go in with fairly low expectations, so I wasn't terribly disappointed, I guess.
I did sort of like the action they added with the wolves though, even though it didn't really fit with the story. It made it better, I think. Took away a little from the cheesiness of the rest.

Lisa-Marie my friend had to walk out during the wolves "talking" because she was laughing so much.

Neisha I thought it was great.

Kristen Lisa-Marie wrote: "my friend had to walk out during the wolves "talking" because she was laughing so much."

My friend and I just laughed quietly. lol

Margot omg the part where the wolves were talking O.o I was almost removed from the cinema cause I was laughing too much :S

see my movie review at my blog - not spoiler free -
http://thereviewsofmar.blogspot.com/

Nicole Sanglay Well, for me it was stunning and amazing. I love the ending, especially, because I predicted that the last scene would be Bella opening her eyes, and I love love love that scene. Among the movies, it was the one that came closest to the world of Twilight that exists in my imagination. :) I just thought that the vampire transformation part was a little scary. :D

S.L.J. God it was awful. There was no pacing, the action was lack luster, the plot was non-existant and the birth scene was terrible. I don't mind gore but they just made it stupid. And the wolves talking...come on!

I'm so glad I watched a pirate copy at a friends house instead of actually paying to see it.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: I Thought it was pretty good, some parts bugged me but what can anyone do with melissa's screenplay slaughtering abilities? Thank god she's NEVER doing The Host Screenplay.

message 16: by QR (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR They showed a lot of things I didn't expect them to see. I really liked how they showed Edward during his rebellious times, that was unexpected and well-done! They kind of jogged through the pregnancy and keeping only the most important parts. The wolves part didn't work for me...If I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't understand what they were saying. The birth and transformation scenes were amazing. I thought they kept it extremely close to the book. I wish we saw more of Jasper and Alice in the movie, I think Jasper had like one line... :S

Nicole Overall, I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. First I really like the movie. I do feel that it was the best of all the movies so far. In particular I do agree with the whole wolves talking to each other scene it was too funny. But the crazy thing is that I totally got what they were trying to do. The transformation scene was really good. I wish they would have did more with Bella's pain when she was transformed. The people behind me were not readers of the saga they were super confused and would not stop talking. The birth scene was not that bad. But it was still painful to watch, but not as bad as it was to read.

message 18: by C.D. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.D. Hussey I enjoyed it. I'd forgotten, but this is the book where I actually started to like Bella.

The wolf talking scene was extremely laughable. They could have probably had the scene without the voice-overs and the pieces which didn't make sense at first would have quickly been filled in.

I take the movies, like the books, for what they are. I would say I'm easy to please but I'm not. The movie captured the book essence pretty well. I felt all the emotions I was supposed to, well, except the laughing at talking wolves part.

I think the volturi scene was an attempt to make jest at all the "poorly written, horrible grammar" comments. I thought it was cute and was reminded how much I like the volturi.

Jessica I'm pretty much on the same wave length as you, C.D. I thought the movie was pretty good, considering that the book doesn't lend itself to your typical, Hollywood, overstimulating plot line. There's not a lot of action or adventure throughout the book at all and for the most part, it translated fairly well to the scene. I give the crew credit; they were able to keep the essence of the book, with not boring me to death.

I do agree with everyone that the wolves overture was amusing. I don't know how they could have performed it better but it seemed terribly awkward. Of course you miss some of the beautiful details of the book, like the synergy between the new pack. I thought it ended well and hopefully the movie will pick right up in Part 2.
I think it is the best so far because the acting was on point and it's finally a movie where everyone seems to be getting super comfortable in their roles. It just flows differently.
I do wish they spent the time to really expound on the pregnancy and transformation a bit. I know it would probably come off as boring to most but the movie was much shorter than I expected and I would have loved to see the interplay of all the Cullens over Bella's pregnancy woes. That's just me, though.

Kelli I'm not a huge fan of the movies but I've gotta say this one was pretty good. Definitely better than the other three in my opinion. I was glad to see that Bella wasn't so awkward, and Edward much less woebegone. Like most of you, I thought the wolf scene was pretty awful, I was laughing so hard.
I haven't read the books in a while and I forgot how graphic the last scene was! But I liked how they left it off with Bella opening her bloodred eyes. I hope the final movie is as good as this one was.

message 21: by Celeste (new)

Celeste I saw it and it is not for yonger children.
There were some gross parts, like at begging & then end.
If you want to know what parts they are..the honeymoon and the birthing seen.
Over all a good movie i loved it!

Cassie I thought it was amazing definitely the best so far if you saw the first to and at least liked them you'll love this one. Although the blood was a little much, I loved everything else. Amazing is all I have to say.

M2 Emily i loved it...but me and my friend were really grossed out wen she had to drink her blood i thought i was gonna puke... toward the end of the movie for no reason at all i just started like shaking!!!! it was the weirdest thing...i'v gotta admit though i cried!!!

message 24: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson I though it was amazing! it felt diffrent from the other movies. It was so intense, first you had all this overwhelming feeling of love and happiness then BAM!everything changes. I still can't get over how awful Bella looked, when she was going to take a bath and took of the robe and she was just bones, it was almost painful to watch.

I loved how they added the small scens when Edward kind of tells her of , because she didn't let him in on the decision and then later right before he hear the baby

Even though I love it there were a couple of thing that I think could had been better. Like the voice-over for the wolfs, and the CGI for the imprinting scen. hopefully it'll be better in part 2 cause they'll have almost 1 1/2 year to work on it

something that for me stood out was the music, I usually don't "notice" it when I watch a movie but with this one I did, I loved that they used songs from the first movie.

over all I give it 4½ of 5 stars can't wait for part 2

Kirby Katarina wrote: "I though it was amazing! it felt diffrent from the other movies. It was so intense, first you had all this overwhelming feeling of love and happiness then BAM!everything changes. I still can't get ..."

I think they already filmed the 2nd part...

was renesmee in this one? b/c I read something about the 11 year old?!! actress playing her

message 26: by Shanna (last edited Nov 20, 2011 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shanna the baby Renesmee and Jacob's "flash forward" vision, during the imprinting, of her older and grown up were in the movie

Haidi I loved this movie as much as the others. The only thing that has upset me is that they couldn't fit as much into it as they should have. It would have been great to see more of the relationship that builds between Jacob and the Cullens and all the nasty banter that goes on between Rosalie and Jacob. I love the music, it has grown on me. I got the cd two days before I saw the movie and I thought it was really average but now I love almost every track. I do think lots was left out but on the other hand, the book is huge and theyve done a good job.

Margot Shanna wrote: "the baby Renesmee and Jacob's "flash forward" vision, during the imprinting, of her older and grown up were in the movie"

Did you think it was good?

Rachel M2 Emily wrote: "i loved it...but me and my friend were really grossed out wen she had to drink her blood i thought i was gonna puke... toward the end of the movie for no reason at all i just started like shaking!!..."

Right along with you! I loved this movie SO much! It's going to be so sad when the second part is over! Then there will be no more movies:(

M2 Emily isn't she supposed to have midnight sun book or something?

message 31: by AJ (last edited Nov 20, 2011 10:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ In my opinion? Is was KICK ASS.
The wedding toasts were hilarious and the birthing scene was sick! I loved the transformation with Bella's wounds healing and her hair changing and her body going back to normal. She was so freaking scary-looking when she was preggers and when she literally bent over backwards when she dropped the cup I cringed so hard the my muscles were aching on the walk home. I also loved how they used Bella's lullaby in some of the scenes and the music from the first movie brought on a nostalgia that made me almost tear up at randoms cenes.
Brilliant. I can't wait for part 2.

Haidi You can read the first part of midnight sun on the internet, she hasn't finished it as it was leaked to the public. She thinks she may finish it one day but don't know when. Ive read it and although it was good to see it from Edwards point of view it didn't enjoy the style of writing, it just didn't seem like Edwards personality that we've all gotten to know through the movies.

message 33: by Shanna (last edited Nov 20, 2011 01:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shanna Margot wrote: "Shanna wrote: "the baby Renesmee and Jacob's "flash forward" vision, during the imprinting, of her older and grown up were in the movie"

Did you think it was good?"

I enjoyed it a lot and would time permitting go see it again and buy the DVD when it comes out, and I can't wait for part 2.
But it was different to the book in a lot of places (not that it makes it bad for me, I try to compartmentalise movies from their book) but that being said there are a lot of scenes directly from the book. The effects were good, the emaciation of Bella was done well, the interactive and aware Renesmee face on the baby was done less well (or perhaps I was less able to suspend disbelief for that one.)
But all I loved it, but then twi-tragic.

M2 Emily my friend and i cried for like 5 minutes...and i didn't realize wat was happening wen he was imprinting at first...but i figured it out in like the next scene

Kelli I loved the part when Edward can first hear the baby's thoughts and you saw how happy Bella and Edward were. That scene was so cute.

Tânia "Breaking Dawn" is my least favorite book in the saga, and I always thought it was unnecessary. It drags too much, same as the movie. I honestly didn't like it very much... and those sappy Lifetime movie moments were the worst. I thought I was going to see a movie, not a soap opera! My expectations were very low since I knew there wasn't much in the book to work with, and even lower, now that I have seen it, for Part2 :S

Jessica The wolves weren't "talking" we were hearing their thoughts b/c they communicate in their minds with one another.
I thought the movie did a pretty good job at following the books.

Gerchia Sammy wrote: "God it was awful. There was no pacing, the action was lack luster, the plot was non-existant and the birth scene was terrible. I don't mind gore but they just made it stupid. And the wolves talking..."

laughing for days. Gawd, I never thought someone would ever say they watch pirated movies on the internet but if the opportunity were to arise, I'd do the same thing.

Gerchia Sammy wrote: "God it was awful. There was no pacing, the action was lack luster, the plot was non-existant and the birth scene was terrible. I don't mind gore but they just made it stupid. And the wolves talking..."

laughing for days. Gawd, I never thought someone would ever say they watch pirated movies on the internet but if the opportunity were to arise, I'd do the same thing.

Azhia I thought it was pretty good. It wasnt exactly like the book but then again none of them were. This is the one that is like closest to the book , eclipse was too but reguardless i canot wait for pr 2 ! I just didnt like how the wolves started that fight that never happened -___-

S.L.J. The chick that played Renesmee when she was older was pretty hot so I'll let that part go. After all, most girls let the rest of the silly stuff go just because they think Edward is hot.

Still, I much prefered Immortals (which Emmett was in as Poseidon) Waaay more fun. And the battle scenes were amazing. Greek Gods Vs. The Titans was increble.

Diane Saw Breaking Dawn last Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised. It's probably my favorite among the movies in the saga. I think the acting improved and they stayed more true to the books (compared to the other movies in the franchise).
I really want to see it again.

Nichole I thought the movie was great, and I am actually surprised with how much was in the first part. I also was really impressed with how "well" they made Bella look during her pregnancy. It didn't look fake. So, overall I really enjoyed part 1 and can't wait for part 2. :)

message 44: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Breaking Dawn part 1 was amazing! I love the fact that the way they made Bella look, looked so realistic and i don't know about you'll but at the end i got a bit scare.

Tracey Smith I loved the movie! My favorite so far. I didn't expect it to be an exact replica of the book, none of them have been but I was happy with how close it stuck to the plot and wasn't bothered by the few changes/additions. I loved the humor in the wedding toasts, and the fact that the music at the wedding was the same from the slow dance at the end of the first movie. It was a nice tie-in in my opinion. I believe Robert Pattinson actually composed that music for the first movie. The honeymoon part was fantastic for me as that was my favorite part of the book. To see them finally happy with out drama, to see Edward smiling and not so sullen. I was happy with the way they did it. I think having read the books I am able to fill in the blanks that the movies leave and that only helps me appreciate them more. I understand that it is impossible to include every single detail from several hundred pages into a 2 hour movie. I wasn't bothered at all by the wolves "talking". I didn't think they were acutally talking as in humans would be able to hear or understand them. In the books they communicate through telepathy and I thought the movie did a good job of expressing that type of communication. I did wish a little more of the funny banter between Jacob and Rosalie would have been included during the pregnancy, I did enjoy that part of the book. The birth scene was actually not as bad as I expected, it was much more gruesome in the book. Thought they did a great job with the imprinting scene with Jacob and Renesmee, enjoyed the flash-forward of her older self. Loved the ending, it was exactly what I expected. Thought the little additional scene with the volturi after the credits is a good lead in to the next movie. In the books Edward says that the volturi are just looking for a reason to attack the Cullens because they want Alice, and I thought that scene introduced that idea well. Overall I was very happy and am looking forward to the final movie.

message 46: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa i liked the movie i thought they stayed close to the book this time :D
what i didnt like at the movie was al those close up of bella
in the beginning i was like oke but than i got quite annoying

but the rest of the movie i liked
i think it was the best of the rest of them :D
i cant wait till part two comes out

Stephanie I seriously hope people will let the "Team Jacob" and "Team Edward" thing go now. Seriously, there is no team anymore... I didn't think the movie was horrible. And, unlike some of you, I enjoyed the music. I thought it added to the whole drama of it all. I must confess, it was very obviously advertised as Part I, but I was mad when they cut me off at the end. I actually can't wait until the whole darn thing is available and I can watch it in one seamless sitting (with bathroom breaks and snacks, of course!).

Stephanie Tracey wrote: "None of the movies have lived up to the books, but I've learned to appreciate them for what they are and don't expect them to be as good as the books. That being said I still plan to go see the new..."

I agree completely.. and I saw the movie, loved it, even with the differences!

Stephanie Tracey wrote: "I loved the movie! My favorite so far. I didn't expect it to be an exact replica of the book, none of them have been but I was happy with how close it stuck to the plot and wasn't bothered by the f..."

I enjoyed the extras they put in as well: the wedding toasts, etc.. I also loved the honeymoon scenes, they did a great job.. and I also wish they had put in the banter between Jacob and Rosalie, that was great! I was a bit bothered by the wolf telepathy, just thought it was weird, but I don't really know how else they could've done it..

Haidi I totally agree with you tracey, they needed to show the wolf telepathy and although it was hard to understand I think they wanted it like that because thats how Jacob describes being in a constant link with all the other wolves thoughts all the time. I also liked the scene of the volturi at the end which was a good lead into the next movie. I think youll find tho that the Flightless Bird American Mouth song that was used in Twilight and now in the wedding scene in Breaking Dawn was written by Sam Beam from a group called Iron and Wine.

« previous 1