Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
This topic is about Fifty Shades of Grey
2011 Group Read Archive > December Group Read: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
This book won our poll by a landslide, so I hope we have lots of participation!

Post your comments/questions/thoughts here! We'll begin on December 1.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Count me in. Everyone has been raving about this book and I can't wait to read it.

message 3: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments Sounds awesome! I've read the fanfiction and it was one of my absolute favorites! I know the book will not disappoint ;)

It's based on a fanfic, DK? I did not know this....what fandom?

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) Just finished both books..you all will love them!

message 6: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments Twilight Fandom... and it was beyond good! she was in the middle of the second part when she announced that she was publishing her work and had pulled out the first part from the website.. and the she removed the second part; but kept posting them a chapter at a time, and removing the one before it, because the fans needed a closure ;) was great... more than that for me :) I was weeping when the whole thing was finished!

Awww yay! I love fanfic, but haven't ever dipped into the Twilight fanfic pool. I'm looking forward to this book even more now!

message 8: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments believe me, megan, you're on for a treat with this one :) Enjoy!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I just bought these today!!!!!!!!!! I have two books to read first!!!!! But I CAN NOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina (darkndirtybooks) | 7 comments I've already read then both the FF and the re-work but 50 is worth a re-read. ;)

Alexis *Reality Bites* (aim2) | 7 comments I just finshed this bk WOW!!!! It was very very good! I ran off to order Fifty Shades Darker can't wait til the bk arrives!!!:) i can not wait til more people finish so we can dish/talk about it.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I finished the book yesterday and am up to chapter 6 in Fifty Shades Darker. This was an incredible, intense read. I couldn't get enough of Mr. Grey. Hands down the best book I have read this year.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle(Chelle) wrote: "I finished the book yesterday and am up to chapter 6 in Fifty Shades Darker. This was an incredible, intense read. I couldn't get enough of Mr. Grey. Hands down the best book I have read this year."

YESSSSSS I agree!!!!!!!

message 14: by The BookChick (last edited Dec 07, 2011 03:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) I absolutely loved Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker...and eagerly...eagerly awaiting Fifty Shades Freed. You absolutely could not read Fifty Shades of Grey without immediately reading Fifty Shades Darker. The emotional cliffhanger was totally unacceptable :).

Katya | 327 comments You Fifty fans are E*V*E*R*Y*W*H*E*R*E! lol

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Katya wrote: "You Fifty fans are E*V*E*R*Y*W*H*E*R*E! lol"

We're taking over Katya.........with your shouty caps :).

Katya | 327 comments ~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Katya wrote: "You Fifty fans are E*V*E*R*Y*W*H*E*R*E! lol"

We're taking over Katya.........with your shouty caps :)."

pretty effective isn't it? lol

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Very. LOL.

Jennifer | 2 comments I really liked these books would rate them pretty high on my list. I especially loved the email aspects that she could only really say how she felt by writing it. Anyone know of other books with an overprotective male and a strong willed female?

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Jennifer wrote: "I really liked these books would rate them pretty high on my list. I especially loved the email aspects that she could only really say how she felt by writing it. Anyone know of other books with a..."

What genre are you looking for. More BDSM or just general romance.

Jennifer | 2 comments ~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I really liked these books would rate them pretty high on my list. I especially loved the email aspects that she could only really say how she felt by writing it. Anyone know of o..."

A little bit of both, I really like having an actual story included with the book. I like being able to get into reading about the characters and then enjoying a bit of the BDSM with the tension and build up. Not interested in the books that don't have any story to it and jump straight into sex within the 1st 5 pages. New to this Site and looking forward to checking everything out!

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Then you'd love Cherise Sinclair. She has written several BDSM books and I've read most of them because they have a very good story...
The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters #1) by Cherise Sinclair Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)  by Cherise Sinclair Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) by Cherise Sinclair To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands) by Cherise Sinclair Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4) by Cherise Sinclair

And I just finished this one yesterday by Tymber Dalton and I was in tears. It was a good story and very emotional. It's also free on GR.
The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

Katya | 327 comments Jennifer wrote: "I really liked these books would rate them pretty high on my list. I especially loved the email aspects that she could only really say how she felt by writing it. Anyone know of other books with a..."

Books with similar heros (not exactly the same but good):
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard -Not BDSM only CR
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire -YA

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) Just read An Invitation Ariel's Pet by Qwillia Rain and really enjoyed it...light on the BDSM but a fun read with characters you can connect with

Katya | 327 comments t'irla wrote: "Just read An Invitation Ariel's Pet by Qwillia Rain and really enjoyed it...light on the BDSM but a fun read with characters you can connect with"

it was pretty good ha T? Did you read the first book?

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) no i don't hqave the first and i was plesantly surprises i really enjoyed it

message 27: by Maria (last edited Dec 09, 2011 05:07AM) (new) - added it

Maria | 135 comments This month's reading sounds quite good,some reviewers reading in the first person abit annoying, did it bother any of you ? I am still sitting on the fence whether to get it. Just waiting for some more of your opinions.

Ariel's pet sounds quite a humourous read.

BTW, Bookworm, Is Cherise Sinclair good, is she very heavy on BDSM? I am not into BDSM much unless there is good character development, good conversation between the characters and a great story, than I will give it a try.

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) I think you will like Cherise Sinclair Maria..really good character building and plots. I have read Masters of Shadowlands series...they are very good. They also have a HEA.

Melissa (melissa_wy) ~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Then you'd love Cherise Sinclair. She has written several BDSM books and I've read most of them because they have a very good story...
The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair[bookcover:Master of the ..."

Oh My God...The Reluctant Dom, was soooooo gooood, I was in tears and could not believe the way I felt about this relationship...I loved it!

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) I KNOW!!!! (shouty Cap's)...wasn't it awesome!...did you bawl like a baby?..the end makes you feel good and bad all at the same time..my emotions were soooo confused.

message 31: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria | 135 comments Thanks T'irla. Thats good to know HEA in these kind of stories.

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Melissa wrote: "~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Then you'd love Cherise Sinclair. She has written several BDSM books and I've read most of them because they have a very good story...
The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair[b..."

It was so good. I cried like a baby and I am so not a crier.

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) I agree..it makes it harder for me to read if there isn't a HEA....and if I find out in books 2 or 3 they break up..I just can't handle it:)

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) I haven't read that one yet Bookie...will keep an eye out for it.

Heather (heathermb) | 21 comments Finally finished... Wow, amazing book, such a roller coaster of thoughts and emotions. SIX out of five stars.

Danielle (dreamyd) Help!
ASAP
My real book club read this and there's no discussion guide available.
I'm NEW at this book club thing (all the members are) and I could use a little guidance?
Bookies? Please PLEASE help!
Thank you SO much in advance!

Danielle (dreamyd) By the way - we already had a book club meeting in which none of us got to discussing the book due to the fact that we haven't seen each other in about 13 years since high school.
The woman who's home it was at- decorated her living room in masks and hand cuffs and nipple clamps- it was PHENOMENAL! We are all obsessed with our Fifty!