Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Building a Thanksgiving Wall with Other Groups This Year

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Nov 18, 2011 12:07PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I always love to host a Thanksgiving Wall where everyone lists something for which they are grateful. This year I am inviting various of our sister groups to build it with us over on Harlequin.com. Come over and list something. I have great prizes. You can post your Gratitude here, too, for your Goodreads friends. And then go over and post it again on the formal wall to be entered to win one of the $25 B & N gift cards I am giving away. Readers have a one in twenty-five chance of winning a gift card.

This is the link:

http://community.harlequin.com/conten...

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I posted my comment, quoting Staramama!

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Lyn -- I like your Staramama!! I can just picture her from your words.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I logged into my account and tried to post, but got the message that I'm not authorized to post comments. I thought maybe I had to register separately for the community. When I tried to do that, I got another message, so I gave up, LOL!

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) I too had the same problem as Elizabeth. I tried to post but the message I got said that I was not authorized to post comments. I gave up just a few minutes ago!

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'm going to ask Dream (or Harlequin host) to come over and see what she can suggest to help.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Im grateful for the health of my family!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Im grateful that the neighbours are safe after a bad fire in the kitchen yesterday. they all got out including the dogs, the damage is bad but they are ok.

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Ausjenny -- I'm glad they were all okay, too. That would have been terrible if not.

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments thanks I am so grateful they are all ok too. It could have been so much worse I think seeing it is and the damage makes me realise how bad it really was and how bad it could have been. Oh the air conditioner looks like melted cheese. you cant tell it was an air conditioner.

message 11: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I am thankful for family and friends, health problems this year makes me appreciate them all the more..
will go see if I can do the post from above.

message 12: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I think you have to sign in before you can post, I did this and it worked fine on the Harlequin site

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 19, 2011 06:53AM) (new)

Paula-O wrote: "I think you have to sign in before you can post, I did this and it worked fine on the Harlequin site"

I tried that, but then when I attempted to post my comment, I got signed out again, which I didn't do myself. Oh well!

message 14: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 19, 2011 09:05AM) (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I am thankful that I am finally graduating and that I've had a great mentor teacher this semester. I am thankful for the many lessons the Lord has taught me through the last 7 years of schooling. I have learned trust, patience(waiting on HIS Timing and NOT mine!), perseverance has been something that I have been good at. There have been times I've wanted to give up or think that I've already screwed it up in the first place, then why try anymore, but the Lord would remind me that wasn't an option. He has called has pulled me up out the pit and place my feet on the rock and given me a new song to sing. ( Psalm 40:1-5) I graduate in December with my Elementary Teaching degree,and for that I am truely thankful! I DID IT with HIS hand guiding me all the way.

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol | 27 comments Thankful for family, friends and good health. May everyone be blessed in someway this Thanksgiving Day. May we remember those less fortunate also.

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

For those who can't post on Harlequin.com for whatever reason, just let me know you would like me to re-post your gratitude, list it here and I will cut and paste it with your name and post it for you. That way you are eligible to win the gift cards and can share with everyone. I will wait until I hear from you that you want me to though (you can just post a comment in this thread).

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol | 27 comments Jennifer wrote: "I am thankful that I am finally graduating and that I've had a great mentor teacher this semester. I am thankful for the many lessons the Lord has taught me through the last 7 years of schooling. I..."

We need more good teachers. Know you will succeed.

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments So grateful for my Mom. We've had a long hard year, and each day I am reminded of how blessed I am through all the hard times, because I have had her to lead and guide me, and I cannot ever say thanks enough for getting her as my Momma...

Please paste that over there for me Janet. :)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Carol wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I am thankful that I am finally graduating and that I've had a great mentor teacher this semester. I am thankful for the many lessons the Lord has taught me through the last 7 year..."

aww thannks! I take the State PPR soon! Let's hope I pass it the first time!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Janet Tronstad wrote: "For those who can't post on Harlequin.com for whatever reason, just let me know you would like me to re-post your gratitude, list it here and I will cut and paste it with your name and post it for ..."

I appreciate the offer, Janet, but if I can't post it myself, I'll pass. Thanks, though!

message 21: by Judy (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) I just tried again to post but it wouldn't let me even after I signed in. Janet if you would be so kind to post for me I would appreciate it. Thanks much!

My husband lost his job last month. He was less than 4 years away from full retirement. We were both devastated and in shock. We are still praying that God will open a door for a new job. I'm thankful that God is taking care of us even though I have my days when panic sets in. I know God will provide. We do not have any medical insurance at the present time...no job, no money. We are praying God will keep our aging bodies healthy. So what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for my Salvation and my walk with Christ. It doesn't get any better than this!

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

I posted it for you, Judy. I'll pray for a new job for your husband!

message 23: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I am grateful health and safety. We we hit with an E F2 tornado this past Wednesday at about 5:00 a.m. Severe damage to home and vehicles. Husband's vechile was totaled. Lost everything outside. We are safe!!

message 24: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Patsy, sorry to hear this but no lives lost Thank God, things can always be replaced, so glad you were safe.

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

oh, wow, Patsy! So glad you are safe!

message 26: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Patsy, I'm so glad your family is safe. I pray everything will work out quickly and smoothly as repairs and/or replacement go.

message 27: by Judy (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) Janet Tronstad wrote: "I posted it for you, Judy. I'll pray for a new job for your husband!"

Thanks Janet. We know God will provide. This is definitely putting our Faith to the test! We worship an Amazing God!

message 28: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments Reading all the comments makes me thankful. In one on-line devotional i read a comment - what if tomorrow you woke up with only the things you were thankful for yesterday? So, thankful for family (or would that mean we mention each individually?) i am thankful for the great land we live in - for the freedom to worship, for the communities, and the outpouring of love they manifest. The way God made this land with color, and seasons and all growing things, and that i have eyes to see, ears that hear, tongue that works. My 99 year old great aunt is both deaf and blind, lives on an acreage with her daughter who works full time, but she is always cheerful with a good humor. That i have my mother with me, and that we can live on the yard with my only sibling and his wife, and farm together. We have warm homes to live in, and clothes to cover us. We had an awesome harvest this year, and our bins are full. So many things to be thankful for, but will let that suffice. Have a great week, Blessings

(p.s. Harlequin didn't let me sign in either, and keeps kicking me out)

message 29: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'd love to post your comment for you Marianne, if that's okay. Let me know.

message 30: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments please do, Janet. i would love that.

message 31: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Thanks everyone! I'm so sorry that some of you are having trouble getting on the site to post. For some reason, I couldn't get on to Goodreads all weekend! Ugh!

Anyway, try going to this link and seeing if it those instructions help.
http://community.harlequin.com/faqs#l...

Thanks!

Dream

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 73 comments Patsy, so sorry for your loss. Sometimes old, familiar things are so dear to you...God bless you as you are on your new journey to acquire what you need. marywrites.vpweb.com

message 33: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Jennifer wrote: "I am thankful that I am finally graduating and that I've had a great mentor teacher this semester. I am thankful for the many lessons the Lord has taught me through the last 7 years of schooling. I..."

Jennifer, congratulations on finishing school! I taught first grade and substitute taught, not that long, but I respect teachers. My father and daughter were teachers too. Wishing you all the best with the test.

message 34: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Patsy wrote: "I am grateful health and safety. We we hit with an E F2 tornado this past Wednesday at about 5:00 a.m. Severe damage to home and vehicles. Husband's vechile was totaled. Lost everything outside. We..."

How scary! We're all thankful you're safe.

message 35: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Marianne wrote: "Reading all the comments makes me thankful. In one on-line devotional i read a comment - what if tomorrow you woke up with only the things you were thankful for yesterday? So, thankful for family (..."

Wow, that's a great reminder to give thanks, Marianne.

I'm thankful for my Savior, for family and friends and health and safety. We're truly blessed to live in America. I don't take blessings for granted.

Janet Marie Dowell | 153 comments I am grateful for my mom and dad.........They love me no matter what! I am grateful for my wonderful family and friends who always there for me!

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Thanks Janet!

message 38: by Eva (new)

Eva Hamilton (goodreadscomevamariahamilton) | 202 comments Happy Thanksgiving!!!

message 39: by JanetTronstad (new)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, too!

message 40: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Yes yes Happy Thanksgiving! What a wonderful day!! :)

message 41: by Judy (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Dinner is over, dishes are washed and dried! Time to relax...I'm stuffed.

message 42: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ah, Judy -- that's the best part of a holiday.

message 43: by Judy (new)

Judy (sweetpeajudy) Janet Tronstad wrote: "Ah, Judy -- that's the best part of a holiday."

:)

message 44: by Joy (new)

Joy Happy Thanksgiving!!

message 45: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments fridge full of leftovers, now what do you suppose we will eat for next week, at the moment I dont care.

message 46: by Paula (new)

Paula Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! :)

PaulaP

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments We got our Christmas tree up. I came home after work and dad had it up with the lights on. All we need are the decorations.

message 48: by JanetTronstad (new)

This is the perfect weekend for decorating for Christmas, isn't it?

message 49: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments I got the tree up but its not finished yet. this year I am putting less tinsel etc on it and decorations. I dont have lights but would like to if they weren't so expensive.

message 50: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I will give a little time for thanksgiving to settle before Christmas decorations go up.

« previous 1