Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

An Abundance of Katherines
This topic is about An Abundance of Katherines

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heidi (yabibliophile) (hmz1505) | 27 comments What do think about the characters in Katherines? Do you have a favorite? Was there one that you just did not like?

Heidi (yabibliophile) (hmz1505) | 27 comments Hassan is fabulous!!!! I want to go on a road trip with him! I like the wit that he an Colin exchange in their friendship. It was also nice to see a bit more of his "serious" side throughout the novel.

There wasn't a character that I thought was poorly written. There were characters that I wouldn't want to spend a whole lot of time around (TOC) but that's how they're meant to be :)

Beth (bethwerling) I want Hassan to be my friend. He is, like you said, Heidi, witty and the banter between he and Colin is laugh-out-loud funny. It reminds me a bit of Gilmore Girls dialogue.

Tien (tiensblurb) | 18 comments I love Hassan. I think he is the perfect foil for Colin :)

Anna I liked Hassan and his honesty with his struggles (babysitting Colin, living up to his religion), but I also liked Lindsey and Colin. Lindsey for realizing that she was acting to meet the needs of her family/friends and Colin because he became aware of the fact that he was self-absorbed. It was interesting to view how his self-absorption didn't seem as aggravating as TOC. I really didn't dislike any of the characters as TOC and Katrina are accurate reflections of real people (kind of reminded me of some relationships from college of my sorority sisters :))

mari (maribs) Hassan was definitely my favorite. His humor and honesty were refreshing and had me laughing constantly.

Diane (dianes) Hassan was my favorite, but I really liked Colin and Lindsey too.This author does a great job of character development, even on the bad guys like TOC.

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 46 comments I love Hassan but somehow, disconcertingly, have cast Jonah Hill as Hassan in my head. And I am not a big fan. But there he is, every time I open the book!

I love how Colin's brain connects ideas together. I have a similar thought pattern that most often comes out when composing displays in the bookstore where I work. For example, I started out with a fairy tale book, added another fairy tale book, a wooden princess doll kit, a wooden looking-glass ("magic-mirror") kit, and two frog beanie babies... I hope someone gets my train of thought. I know Colin probably would, even with a limited knowledge of juvenile folklore.

message 9: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Jonah Hill is sooooooo Hassan! I love Jonah! He is the best in Superbad! Hassan is a great character. I love how he talks about his man boobs so casually!