Shut Up & Read discussion

The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #4)
Archives > * Post - Breaking Dawn Movie Discussion!*

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
Has anyone seen the movie yet besides me?

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 402 comments I did! It was amazing, I loved it. This one wasn' t as serious as the other ones and they actors seemed more relaxed. The wedding party part was funny! It left a few parts out but other than that, it was great. I can't wait for part 2! :^D

message 3: by Tanecia (new)

Omg yes!!! I agree that this movie was more relaxed then the last 3. I loved the wedding the dress was amazing!! And i loved how Bella was freaking out when she was walking down the aisle and then when she saw Edward everything was okay! OMG I cried a couple of times this movie was by far the tear jerker of all the movies!

message 4: by Tanecia (new)

I haven't read breaking dawn on purpose because my mom says I'm too critical when i read the book then watch the movies...which is a little true because I hate when I know that they left a lot out from the book! But I got to see it without reading the book before hand and it was awesome they didn't leave anything good out that I know of lol everything was perfect!!

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 402 comments i want to see it again so bad! i can't wait until i can own this. You should definitely read the book. :^D

message 6: by MeMe Belikova (last edited Nov 18, 2011 05:15PM) (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments did you watch the ending after the credits? Cuz alot of people missed it because they left. it had the volturi?

message 7: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 402 comments yeah i watched it, for movies like that where i know there's going to be a sequel i always stay until the end of the credits.

message 8: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 87 comments I'm very sad!!:(

I won't be able to see the movie until after the Thanksgiving holidays. No Time to go!!! To many things to do before the holidays !!!

I'm glad everyone that's seen it, has enjoyed it!!
I'll just have to wait .... AGAIN :(

message 9: by Tanecia (new)

Awl man! It's okay I'll probably go see it again on thanksgiving just to go it was awesome you'll love it when see it. Can't wait for you to see it!

message 10: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments I have to say the cast did an AMAZING job when it came to acting. I think they've all grown so much as actors, especially Taylor he did a brilliant job and he looked super hotttt! This movie was the scariest for me they did a good job making Bella's pregnancy believable, I wished it had more action but I'm sure they are saving all of it for part 2 can't wait!

message 11: by Karice (new)

Karice Bolton | 6 comments It was awesome!! Worth the wait :)

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (darkstarcassidy) I went with my friends yesterday to see it, and we all loved it. The wedding was beautiful from the benches they sat on to the trees and Bella's dress was breathtaking, Edward was gorgeous as usual it was perfect. I enjoyed the wedding toasts made to the happy couple, Charlie really cracks me up. They did a great job with the movie and left off at a great spot in the book!!

message 13: by Tanecia (last edited Nov 19, 2011 07:15AM) (new)

Jenn wrote: "I went with my friends yesterday to see it, and we all loved it. The wedding was beautiful from the benches they sat on to the trees and Bella's dress was breathtaking, Edward was gorgeous as usual..."

Yes I agree Jen! The wedding was amazing I loved the tree's and the flowers hanging down. And I liked how the movie was lite and funny for the first half. This movie was jus absolutely perfect. I wonder which director did they have for this one .....

message 14: by cindrella (new)

cindrella (kickasscinderella) | 53 comments oh!!!!! I'm very sad!!:(
BD is not going to be released until 25th in India...
It was smthing okkkk to know many ppl are waiting with us so the pain was shared but nw while others are discusssing and i dont even got to watch...its simply torture.......

message 15: by Tanecia (new)

cindrella wrote: "oh!!!!! I'm very sad!!:(
It was smthing okkkk to know many ppl are waiting with us so the pain was shared but nw while others are discusssing a..."

Awl man that sux! But you only have a few more days to wait so hang in there! That's cool you live in India! I've always wanted to go there too!

message 16: by Tanecia (new)

I absolutely love this movie I can't stop thinking about it! So I'm going to go see it again today :)

message 17: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 19, 2011 09:11AM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 197 comments The movie was ok for me. I wanted to love it, but when I found myself paying attention to the bad makeup and wig jobs on Rosalie and Carlisle, I knew the movie couldn't be that good. It had it's shining moments most in the beginning. Kristen was super in the acting department along with Billy Burke. But there were some really lame parts in the movie. The part that impressed me most was the imprinting. I cringed at the thought of how they were going to handle it. I think they did a great job there. I loved that they brought some of the soundtrack back from the original movie as it had the best music. All in all, if I paid so much attention to these details, then the movie itself didn't hold enough focus for me. I will see the next one though.

I hope you didn't miss the scene with the Voltouri after the intial credits ran!

message 18: by cindrella (new)

cindrella (kickasscinderella) | 53 comments Tt wrote: "cindrella wrote: "oh!!!!! I'm very sad!!:(
It was smthing okkkk to know many ppl are waiting with us so the pain was shared but nw while others..."

Well i guess i will live....so Tt if your wish to come to India ever come true..call me...India is really wonderful...nd sometimes it also teaches virtue such as patience.lol

message 19: by Tanecia (last edited Nov 19, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

Terri wrote: "The movie was ok for me. I wanted to love it, but when I found myself paying attention to the bad makeup and wig jobs on Rosalie and Carlisle, I knew the movie couldn't be that good. It had it's ..."
Yes the wigs did look a little off and the one thing that bothers me about all the movies before this one is that the eye colors are not consistent! In the first movie their eyes are black when their hungry and gold when they are fed. The third movie came and they had red eyes I'm like what the he'll is going on with the contacts! I don't know why I get mad over this but I do that's why I decided not to read breaking dawn before I see the movie because I'm so critical about things that aren't right and don't make sense!

message 20: by Karice (new)

Karice Bolton | 6 comments Tt wrote: "I absolutely love this movie I can't stop thinking about it! So I'm going to go see it again today :)"

That's the best way to solve it. :)

message 21: by MeMe Belikova (last edited Nov 19, 2011 01:31PM) (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments I LOVED how they used music from the first movie, that was the best soundtrack out of all of them! I noticed that Rosalie did have an ugly wig on and didn't notice carlisle. I HATED the dream she had aT the beginning before the wedding of all the blood, that was the stupidest scene ever and felt they should of left that out, I wonder what all the scenes they did cut and didn't put in the movie I bet they were better than that one. I agree with TT that the director didn't pay attention to the little things us fans love like the Eyes, Hair, and did anybody else notice that Edward or any of them did not SPARKLE? I know some ppl maY think it was stupid but it is still alErt of what Twilight, Twilight. I could go on forever but other than that it was really good.

message 22: by Tanecia (last edited Nov 19, 2011 02:53PM) (new)

Alice Belikov wrote: "I LOVED how they used music from the first movie, that was the best soundtrack out of all of them! I noticed that Rosalie did have an ugly wig on and didn't notice carlisle. I HATED the dream she h..."

Lol I've been waiting for you to say that since you told me you noticed it in the movie. Yeah I guess we get a lot of inconsistency with the movies because they have a different director every movie! But whoever directed breaking dawn is by far my favorite director. And I agree that bloody part in the beginning was gross and for no reason..... -_-