We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Archives - Miscellaneous > What are you having for Thanksgiving Dinner (for those who celebrate)?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Have you come up with your Thanksgiving Day menu yet?

I love Thanksgiving. Good eats!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) Mine's always the same. Turkey, ham, potato salad, dressing (in casserole dishes), mac and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (from scratch), hot rolls, collard greens.

Desserts (which barely get eaten) pies, ice cream.

What are you having, Danielle?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Hi Andrea. Sorry for the late reply. We had:

Turkey (which I cooked for the most part)
Pork Loin
Roast Beef
Macaroni and Cheese (I made)
Waldorf salad (I made)
Dressing
Asparagus
Potato Salad

It was delicious!!!!

message 4: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl | 90 comments Mine is always the same: turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, salad, apple crisp, bread. My one new addition was sweet potatoes fries, which were much better than I expected. Rachel Ray has a recipe where she layers all of the foods to make a post Thanksgiving day casserole. I've never made it, but maybe I will give it a try.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I love sweet potato fries, Zumbagirl. That casserole sounds interesting.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney) (last edited Nov 25, 2011 08:55AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments hehe, I cheated and went to Ryan's. Had ham (I can't eat a lot of poultry), greens, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, stuffing and pecan pie and pumpkin pie.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Sounds like you had a yummy dinner to me, Pamela. And no cleanup!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments

yeah but no leftovers either :(

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Aw, that's true! If you lived in Texas, I'd invite you over for some with us.