Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (Giraffe Days) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Shannon (Giraffe Days) (Giraffe_Days) | 32 comments I'm fairly new to Goodreads and have got nearly all my books sorted. I'm really liking the set-up and everything but there's one thing I can't figure out: how to upload book covers.

That's one feature I love on LibraryThing. You can choose from covers other people have uploaded or add your own scanned image, which, I think, is the best way of recording which edition you have.

Is this feature available on Goodreads? If it is, I can't find it. (If this question has been asked before, my apologies but I couldn't find it!)

message 2: by Shannon (Giraffe Days) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Shannon (Giraffe Days) (Giraffe_Days) | 32 comments I am a librarian, actually, and I'm also a complete dunce, I did not see that link before! Thanks!
(I'm really liking Goodreads now!)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there any way for a non-librarian to upload a book cover? I've searched and can't find it, of course it's probably staring me right in the face. :)

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Aug 11, 2008 03:24PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Pontalba,

If it's for a book you manually entered yourself you can for sure. Otherwise no, but you can ask in the GR librarians group for GR librarians to do it.

To upload a book cover, you go to the proper book edition and click the edit book link, and then you see the means for uploading & assigning covers to that book edition.

Please don't delete an existing cover though.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The cover is not in your data base, it's the hardback cover for Harlot's Ghost by Norman Mailer, I just added it to my books and while you have the hardcover edition ISBN, Amazon didn't have a picture, so I scanned my book and it now resides in My Pictures. I'd hoped to have it on my list and not the white blank.