Audiobooks discussion

Archives > audiobook release dates?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by binter (new)

binter | 218 comments Any suggestions re finding out the release date of an audiobook? For print books, I use fictiondb.com but don't know where to go for audio.

(Also, if there is a better place to look up print release dates, I'd be happy to know that too.)

message 2: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3647 comments Amazon might be a good bet.

I've run across a situation with Overdrive that I've put myself in the queue for two forthcoming books, but each week for the past two weeks they've pushed the date back a week at the very last minute.

message 3: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Audible has a "Coming Soon" link on the left rail of their home page. Audiofile magazine would be another recommendation. Good Luck!

message 4: by Contrarius (new)

Contrarius | 397 comments Grumpus wrote: "Audible has a "Coming Soon" link on the left rail of their home page. Audiofile magazine would be another recommendation. Good Luck!"

Audible's "coming soon" feature really really seriously ticks me off. It fails to cover MANY books that are about to come out. For two particular books that I was dying to get my hands on this fall, I just had to keep checking and keep checking until they finally appeared in the "Just Added" list...

message 5: by Alice (last edited Nov 18, 2011 02:46PM) (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 45 comments I subscribe to publishing house author/book newsletters..like S&S:this is info from November

Steve Jobs: The #1 New York Times bestselling biography

Steve Jobs

By Walter Isaacson
Read by Dylan Baker

Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years - as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues - Walter Isaacson has written a riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.
More from Walter Isaacson and Steve Jobs :

Buy the audiobook
More Walter Isaacson audiobooks

Follow Simon & Schuster
Audio on Twitter

New Audio Releases ►

11/22/63

By Stephen King
Read by Craig Wasson

Stephen King's incredibly ambitious, heartstoppingly dramatic novel about the Kennedy assassination--and a man's time-bending efforts to stop it.
Hear Excerpt ►
Buy the audiobook ►

Gabby

By Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly
Read by Mark Kelly with Jeffrey Zaslow

From one of the most admired and beloved couples in recent American history, an extraordinarily moving story of public service, risk-taking, romance - and the journey toward recovery.

Buy the audiobook ►

Shockaholic

By Carrie Fisher
Read by Carrie Fisher

Infused with her trademark incisive wit, Carrie Fisher's Shochaholic takes readers on a rollicking ride into the star's crazy life.
Hear Excerpt ►
Buy the audiobook ►

This Is Herman Cain!

By Herman Cain
Read by Herman Cain

The rising star of the race for the 2012 Republican nomination answers his most-asked question: Who is Herman Cain?
Hear Excerpt ►
Buy the audiobook ►
More New Releases ►

The Angel Esmeralda

By Don DeLillo
Read by Mercedes Ruehl, Heather Lind, Aaron Tveit, Michael Cerveris and Peter Friedman

The first ever collection of short stories, written between 1979 and 2011, from of our greatest living writers.
Hear Excerpt ►
Buy the audiobook ►

Lost December

By Richard Paul Evans
Read by John Dossett

The New York Times bestselling author of The Christmas Box returns with a holiday novel of hope, love, and redemption.
Hear Excerpt ►
Richard Paul Evans talks about his book ►

Iliad

By Homer
Read by Alfred Molina
From the consummate translator, renowned for translating Rilke and Tao Te Ching, a vivid new translation of Western civilization's foundational epic.
Hear Excerpt ►
Visit the website ►

Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian

By Kris Jenner
Read by Marcia Strassman
Everybody's favorite momager, the businesswoman behind the Kardashian empire, Kris Jenner, shares her never-before-told story.
Buy the audiobook ►
Visit the website ►

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1507 comments Brilliance Audio has a Audio press release section that details what they have coming soon - http://www.brillianceaudio.com/press_... - this is the may one

Tantor does the same - they have June and July up so far - http://www.tantor.com/BookList.asp?Ge...

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 163 comments very cool -- thank you.