Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Pet Peeves. Seriously.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 329 (329 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Jovy (new)

Jovy (jovynotjovi) Oh the things that people do.
!@#$%

One: People who stop and talk in the middle of an extremely high traffic area.

Two: I'm driving steadily at the speed limit of 60km/h, speed demon behind me decides to pass & cut in front but then drives slower than the speed limit. (Y U NO KEEP CONSTANT SPEED?!)

Three: ... KEEP.TO.THE.RIGHT.

Four: White socks & black dress shoes.

Five: Litterbugs. Dislike. Dislike. Dislike.

Six: People Who Annoy You

What are your pet peeves?

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
I have nothing beyond this: "Y U NO KEEP ..." WTF?

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) My pets don't have any peeves. Peeveless. Like sleeveless. Y U NO BELIEVE ME?

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments Tim Tebow.

It's not really him that peeves me, it's other people's reactions to him.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Who? Oh ... sports.

message 6: by Kenneth P. (new)

Kenneth P. (kennethp) SMART-PHONE ADDICTION! Look around any location-- the parking lot, the gym, the supermarket. 75% of the people are either on the phone or playing with their phone. Cars weave across the highway while drivers tweet. Pedestrians wander like zombies in front of speeding vehicles. Intense, sensitive, personal information is spilled willy-nilly for strangers to chuckle over. It's an epidemic. And it's not about being "social." It's about being self-absorbed.

I know that Steve Jobs was a genius. Was he responsible for the Smart-phone? If so, thanks for nothin.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Self-absorbed. I agree, Kenneth P.

message 8: by Jovy (new)

Jovy (jovynotjovi) Sally wrote: "I have nothing beyond this: "Y U NO KEEP ..." WTF?"

This may help you understand the "Y U NO ... " better:

"Y U NO" Guy

Angela~twistedmind~ (twistedmind) | 540 comments People who don't smash boxes before putting them in the trash.
People who don't rinse their dishes off when they put them in the sink.......and forget getting them to bend slightly to the right and actually put them in the dishwasher.
People who smack while eating. GRRRRRRR
People who make a mess, never have a thought about cleaning it up, and then when you finally get pissed and do it yourself, they always say, "I was about to do that." Oh, really? The shit's been sitting here for 2 days and you were suddenly "about to do it"?
People who are driving slow and when you go to pass them they speed up.

message 10: by Cam (new)

Cam | 111 comments Kenneth P. wrote: "SMART-PHONE ADDICTION! Look around any location-- the parking lot, the gym, the supermarket. 75% of the people are either on the phone or playing with their phone. Cars weave across the highway ..."

I know exactly what you mean. I don't have a smart phone, but I would like to have one.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Neither of these addictions is difficult to acquire.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I haven't had a smart phone for over a week. This has been a remarkably peaceful week. I should get a phone in case my car breaks down, though.

message 13: by Kenneth P. (new)

Kenneth P. (kennethp) RandomAnthony wrote: "I haven't had a smart phone for over a week. This has been a remarkably peaceful week. I should get a phone in case my car breaks down, though."

I don't understand. You mean you can actually drive a car without one?

message 14: by Margaret (new)

Margaret  | 12 comments People that scrape their teeth on their fork when they eat. Gives me the shivers...
And gum smacking
And not chewing with their mouth closed
Just a lack of table manners, I guess!

message 15: by Cheri (last edited Nov 20, 2011 09:28PM) (new)

Cheri | 795 comments Parents that let their (short) little children trail after them in parking lots with cars backing up.

message 16: by Mo Hammer! (new)

Mo Hammer! | 9 comments It bugs me when people use the wrong pronouns.

Example: "Here is a picture of John and I."

or "Me and her don't want no pie." (Notice the double negative in the 2nd example. Another pet peeve.)

Not to say I'm always grammatically correct, God knows I'm not - but damn!

Unfortunately, I fall back on the exclamation point as my punctuation of choice, so I'm sure many people hate it when I post or comment. I say stuff like: "What a beautiful day outside! I love pie!!!": or "I was just thinking of you! You're my favorite facist pig EVER!"

Most of all, I effing loathe L - O - MOTHEREFFING - L! When I see lol, I feel rage. White hot burning rage.

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Marissa is feisty. Welcome to TC, Marissa.

message 18: by Mo Hammer! (new)

Mo Hammer! | 9 comments Thanks for the welcome, Félix !

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) (LOL) *ducks*

message 20: by Mo Hammer! (new)

Mo Hammer! | 9 comments I've got your LOL. Right. Here.

message 21: by Cyril (new)

Cyril I don't have any pet peeves. Have a nice day!

message 22: by Cam (new)

Cam | 111 comments Barb wrote: "Cam would like to have a smart phone addiction. That's funny because I was just wishing I was hooked on prescription drugs."

I don't want a smart phone addiction, just a smart phone. I already have a computer addiction.

message 23: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Cyril wrote: "I don't have any pet peeves. Have a nice day!"

I don't have any, either. I feel that peeves are better left wild, not domesticated.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

I dislike punctuation used in clusters when it doesn't have to be. "!!!!" or the abysmal scattering of periods to signify pauses not used in the correct group of three or maybe even occasionally (in the right situation)four.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I like peanut clusters in milk chocolate. Dots what I like.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Welcome to TC Marissa, thanks for jumping in.

message 27: by Sally, la reina (new)

No, no, Felix. This is the thread for posting about what you don't like.

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I don't like it when people try to tell me what the topic of the thread is supposed to be.

message 29: by Sally, la reina (new)

pffft.

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like ponies!

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I like pokies.

message 32: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments Barb wrote: "TWSS!"

Perfecto.

message 33: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (llooloo) | 1867 comments Old people that drive 45 pr 55 mph in the middle lane. For one thing, the minimum speed on the expressway is 55. If you don't feel comfortable driving any faster, either use the right lane or the side streets.

Men at my college who ask me for my number, then get mad when I either ignore them or say no. I don't know you, I'M NOT GIVING YOU MY NUMBER!

People who don't park within the lines. I might not always park the best, but I will re-park if it's too bad.

When people say milk as "melk". It doesn't have an "e" in it!

message 34: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Laurin wrote: "When people say milk as "melk". It doesn't have an "e" in it! "

It does here :)

Yesterday I was waiting at a railroad crossing. Some guy in sweats was waiting next to me on his scooter. When a car drove up to the railroad crossing, blasting hiphop, he said something about the people in the car having an IQ below 40. I hate when people are prejudiced like that.

message 35: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments It bugs me when people pronounce words starting with "im" as if they started with "uhm."

If you watch "Survivor" you hear it all the time, as Jeff Probst encourages people to fight for "uhmmunity."

message 36: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Speaking of reality tv hosts: when I see Heidi Klum I hear her say Pwaject Wunway.

message 37: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (llooloo) | 1867 comments I hate when people are so self-centered that they have no regard for anyone else. Like Beyonce and Jay-Z, who booked a large amount of the delivery area at one of the hospitals in NYC. The hospital went to great lengths to make sure their child wasn't photographed. What about the other babies at that hospital? Do they not matter? The security cameras were covered with tape. What if something happened there, and they needed video footage?

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Pwaject Wunway is very cute.

message 39: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I hate it when some one opens their car door and dents my less than 900 mile vehicle.

message 40: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments I hate it when I am unable to pick myself up and start on my huge to-do list.

message 41: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24261 comments Mod
Laurin wrote: "I hate when people are so self-centered that they have no regard for anyone else. Like Beyonce and Jay-Z, who booked a large amount of the delivery area at one of the hospitals in NYC. The hospital..."

If that is true (the security cameras being disabled, in particular) it may be because they wanted to hide the baby being born to a surrogate mother. The gossip sites have been saying this for awhile and I think it's entirely possible.

message 42: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (llooloo) | 1867 comments Either way, it's a terrible inconvenience to not only the staff of the hospital, but the mothers/fathers/family members of the other infants there. Also, that seems like a huge safety concern to me.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

I hate it when people mock regional dialects.

message 44: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Laurin wrote: "Either way, it's a terrible inconvenience to not only the staff of the hospital, but the mothers/fathers/family members of the other infants there. Also, that seems like a huge safety concern to me."

Yes. It's not like babies have never been stolen from hospitals before.

message 45: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Yes. Its' not like babies have never been stolen from hospitals before.

But if your baby was stolen this weekend from THAT hospital, Beyonce and Jay Z would just buy you a new one. So that's a plus.

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

How did my apostrophe get moved?

message 47: by Sally, la reina (new)

Apostrophes or babies: both are unstable, it seems.

message 48: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "How did my apostrophe get moved?"

Apostrophic dislocation syndrome. There's no known cure, but the symptoms can be controlled. You should have it checked.

message 49: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh, I intend to.

message 50: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "How did my apostrophe get moved?"

That was me... I didn't mean it!!! I'm sorry.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7