The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 10.8 - Hidden Gems

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:57PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
10.8 Hidden Gems: Gems are found deep in the Earth. Find a hidden gem, SRC-style, by reading a book with less than 1,000 ratings. For this task, the number of ratings on a book's main Goodreads page will be used. Required: Include the number of ratings the book had when it was selected when you post.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:57PM) (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (christineus) | 572 comments If a book goes over 1000 ratings by the time we report it -- as long we we give you the # of ratings it had when we selected it, will that work?

chucklesthescot Great one for me! 300 of my 726 tbrs are rated below 272 ratings! Spoiled for choice now...

message 5: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 824 comments Christine US wrote: "If a book goes over 1000 ratings by the time we report it -- as long we we give you the # of ratings it had when we selected it, will that work?"

Great question Christine, I'm wondering the same thing.

message 6: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:59PM) (new)

Christine US wrote: "If a book goes over 1000 ratings by the time we report it -- as long we we give you the # of ratings it had when we selected it, will that work?"

That will work. Please note the added Required element to the task description to take care of that potential situation.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments What is SRC style?

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments SRC = Seasonal Reading Challenge. It is the name of the group and has nothing to do, really, with the requirements on the task.

message 9: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1763 comments where does it say how many ratings a book has? Is it right next to the title on GR? I want to read Wendy and the Lost boysWendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy Wasserstein and I think i see it has 172 ratings. Is that what you mean?

message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Cindie wrote: "where does it say how many ratings a book has? Is it right next to the title on GR? I want to read Wendy and the Lost boys[book:Wendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy Wasserstein|1036..."

Yes, you're looking at the right number. The number of ratings is to the right of the title between the rating details graph and the number of reviews.

message 11: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1763 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Cindie wrote: "where does it say how many ratings a book has? Is it right next to the title on GR? I want to read Wendy and the Lost boys[book:Wendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy W..."

thanks!