The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 10.7 - Featuring Earth

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Dec 03, 2011 08:53PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10777 comments Mod
10.7 Featuring Earth: Read a book with the word "EARTH" in the title, subtitle, or series title. As long as all the letters in the word "earth" appear intact, the book will work. Examples: The Pillars of the Earth, A Wizard of Earthsea, The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1)

message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Dec 03, 2011 08:53PM) (new)

message 3: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katmcv) | 457 comments Assuming this works, because of Earthsea, but just clarifying that Unearthly fits.

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Katrina wrote: "Assuming this works, because of Earthsea, but just clarifying that Unearthly fits."

As long as the word "earth" is found intact in the word, it will work. So, yes, Unearthly will fit. Hope you enjoy it!

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I am not sure what book I want to read...so many choices

message 6: by Anwen (new)

Anwen Ross (anwenross) | 32 comments So is the word 'hearth' OK too?

message 7: by Kristina Simon (new)

Anwen wrote: "So is the word 'hearth' OK too?"

Yes, "hearth" works. I've added the following to the task description to try to make this clearer: As long as all the letters in the word "earth" appear intact, the book will work.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments The Earth Hums in B Flat would work for this task, wouldn't it?

message 9: by Kristina Simon (new)

Sarah wrote: "The Earth Hums in B Flat would work for this task, wouldn't it?"

Yes, that will work.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Sarah wrote: "The Earth Hums in B Flat would work for this task, wouldn't it?"

Yes, that will work."

thanks