The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 10.3 - Here, There Be Dragons

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10801 comments Mod
10.3 Here, There Be Dragons: January 16th is Appreciate a Dragon Day. Read a book that features a dragon, has the word "dragon" in the title/subtitle/series title (plurals, possessives, or compound words containing "dragon" work, too), or that has a picture of a dragon on the cover.
Examples: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Dragonflight, Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini
This list might help, too: Dragons

message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:51PM) (new)

Approved:
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister

message 3: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (christineus) | 572 comments The Aisling Grey guardian series has a male lead that is a dragon in human form (so says the book description)...does that count?

You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister

(plus the cover has a little dragon head on it)

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Christine US wrote: "The Aisling Grey guardian series has a male lead that is a dragon in human form (so says the book description)...does that count?

You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister"

Yes, that counts!

message 5: by Felina (new)

Felina I'm really excited about this book Wings of Fire.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy | 831 comments I got My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight) by Laura Lond free for my Kindle. I think the green guy on the left looks like a dragon, but wanted to check to make sure.

Thank You!

message 7: by Elizabeth (NC) (new)

Elizabeth (NC) | 185 comments Do the Game of Thrones books work? I am getting ready to start the second one (A Clash of Kings), but wasn't sure if dragons were prominent.

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Felina wrote: "I'm really excited about this book Wings of Fire."

Oohh... that sounds fabulous ;-).

message 9: by Kristina Simon (new)

Judy wrote: "I got My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight) by Laura Lond free for my Kindle. I think the green guy on the left looks like a dragon, but wanted to check to make sure."

That not-so-little green guy on the left definitely looks like a dragon ;-).

message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Elizabeth (NC) wrote: "Do the Game of Thrones books work? I am getting ready to start the second one (A Clash of Kings), but wasn't sure if dragons were prominent."

Sorry, Elizabeth, I haven't read any of the books in this series and I can't tell from the GRs description whether it will work or not.

Are there any SRC members who have read A Clash of Kings and can tell us if there are dragons in it? Speak up, please ;-)....

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15624 comments Mod
Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Are there any SRC members who have read A Clash of Kings and can tell us if there are dragons in it? Speak up, please ;-)..."

There are dragons in the 2nd book, but they aren't prominent - a part of one of the subplots. I've only read the first two, so can't be sure, but I'm guessing they're going to be more important later in the series.

message 12: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 903 comments Going with I Married a Dragon by Beverly Rae . Hope that's fine.

message 13: by Kristina Simon (new)

Anomander wrote: "Going with I Married a Dragon by Beverly Rae. Hope that's fine."

Yep. That'll work.

message 14: by Elizabeth (NC) (new)

Elizabeth (NC) | 185 comments Sandy wrote: "Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Are there any SRC members who have read A Clash of Kings and can tell us if there are dragons in it? Speak up, please ;-)..."

There are dragons in the 2nd b..."

No problem--I can't imagine that I would get past the second one in the next few months--I'm listening to them while I walk in the mornings and they take me forever. If I finish the second, I'll find another place to put it.