Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

Charlie and Sue?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

At the end of Breaking Dawn, Charlie Swan and Sue Clearwater were spending a lot of time together. Also, Bella was suggesting that maybe they would get involved later. Sue's husband is dead, and they are in the same boat. This loose and wasn't really tied. What would you want to happen? Or do you think that if the books went on they would get married?

message 2: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat I think they get engaged

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't remember, but maybe.

george ☽ I hope that they get married but I guess we can't ever know for sure. I like to think that they live long and happy lives together.

Kristie GeOrG!a :) wrote: "I hope that they get married but I guess we can't ever know for sure. I like to think that they live long and happy lives together."

I agree. I'd want Charlie to be with her and live happily ever after too. He's such a good dad/person!

message 6: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson I think SM said that Charlie and Sue ended up togethere.... but I might be wrong

Tracey Smith There was a very subtle subplot here, initially Billie was spending a lot of time with Sue after Harry died. Then after Charlie finds out about Jacob being a werewolf and is aware that something is "different" about Bella it is Sue that helps him deal with this and brings them closer. Then it gets mentioned that Charlie and Billie were "not talking" but Bella couldn't worry about what was going on between them because she had too much going on with the Volturi. At the end of the book I was left with the impression that Charlie and Sue were together. It was another subtle love triangle in the background. I found it interesting that she decided to include this little tidbit but also chose not to focus too much on it, so that some people may not have even noticed or picked up on it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Doesn't Sue dislike the Cullens?
When I heard about Sue and Charlie, I was like
O.O
HOLY FUDGE!!!
ahahahahaahahahahaaha!!
But they could be together except isn't Jacob Black somewhat related to Sue in a very complicated way? And Jake imprinted on Nessie and Charlie's her grandpa and he's going out with Sue.....
.....confused.....

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I finished reading Breaking Dawn again recently. Charlie and Sue due end up together. Charlie and Billie are not really talking towards the end of the book. Although they do end up making up somewhat with the help of Sue.

Kristen Mahfuza wrote: "Doesn't Sue dislike the Cullens?
When I heard about Sue and Charlie, I was like
O.O
HOLY FUDGE!!!
ahahahahaahahahahaaha!!
But they could be together except isn't Jacob Black somewhat relat..."

I think Jacob's related to either Quil or Embry(not Sue). I forget which one.

message 11: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson it's Embry...but it's most likely that it's Sam he's related to, because his dad was a douch and in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide in the family tree, Embry is in the Uley tree

Tracey Smith Just saw Breaking Dawn and picked up on a little tension between Charlie and Billie over Sue at the wedding.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ That was actually interesting to see the tension between Charlie and Billie over Sue.

Tracey Smith I thought so too, gives me the impression that they will explore a little bit more of that dynamic in the final movie

message 15: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna i cant wait till i can see the movie any recomendations like if it is good

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I just saw the movie, and there was tension in the movie esp during the wedding.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Billy like runs over Charlie's foot with his wheelchair.

Tracey Smith Anna wrote: "i cant wait till i can see the movie any recomendations like if it is good"

Personally I really enjoyed the movie. Of course it can't possibly include every detail that was in the book, but I feel like having read the book I can fill in the blanks that the movie leaves. It was nice to finally see Edward smiling, at least during the honeymoon :)

message 19: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo ...don't really like this idea.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Tracey wrote: "Anna wrote: "i cant wait till i can see the movie any recomendations like if it is good"

Personally I really enjoyed the movie. Of course it can't possibly include every detail that was in the boo..."

He didn't sparkle at all though! (during the honey moon!)

message 21: by Kayla (new) - rated it 1 star

Kayla Anna wrote: "i cant wait till i can see the movie any recomendations like if it is good"

I liked it and I'm not even a big Twilight fan

message 22: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna thanks i am going to see it tomorrow

message 23: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Sam wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Anna wrote: "i cant wait till i can see the movie any recomendations like if it is good"

Personally I really enjoyed the movie. Of course it can't possibly include every detail that..."

seriously that is not like the book i hate when movies arent like books

AlbertaJenn There were subtle hints throughout the movie, not just during the wedding. I hope it will be further explored during Part 2.

message 25: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna yeah

Shreya Okay but see, Sue is Leah and Seth's mother. Charlie is Bella's father. And if they get married, Seth, Bella and Leah will be siblings!

message 27: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Gwevin wrote: "Okay but see, Sue is Leah and Seth's mother. Charlie is Bella's father. And if they get married, Seth, Bella and Leah will be siblings!"

yea that is wold be true there, i wonder if that wound rather weird there if that ever did happen there, what does everyone think?