The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 10.1 - Climb Every Mountain

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10804 comments Mod
10.1 Climb Every Mountain: I don't know about you guys, but my TBR pile looks more like a mountain than a molehill. Climb your mountain by reading a book that's been on your TBR list (official Goodreads list or personal computer, written or mental list) for at least a year.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:36PM) (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Jean (new)

Jean | 123 comments I just joined Goodreads last May. Can I choose from books I added in June.

message 4: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katmcv) | 457 comments Jean wrote: "I just joined Goodreads last May. Can I choose from books I added in June."

I only have one book on my goodreads tbr that's been there over a year, so instead I chose a book that I've wanted to read for years, although it only recently was added to my goodreads tbr. Perhaps you could do that?

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean | 123 comments Katrina wrote: "Jean wrote: "I just joined Goodreads last May. Can I choose from books I added in June."

I only have one book on my goodreads tbr that's been there over a year, so instead I chose a book that I'v..."

Great idea! Thanks!

message 6: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 70 comments I also just recently joined GR in May. Am I allowed to read a book I've been meaning to for a very long time?

message 7: by Tammy AZ (new)

Tammy AZ (tammyaz) | 867 comments I think this task is pretty open and she's allowing books that were on your personal list (not just Goodreads) since the task also says you can include your personal mental or written list.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2966 comments 90% of my books have been over a year. Some of them have been on my list for 4 years or more.

message 9: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "90% of my books have been over a year. Some of them have been on my list for 4 years or more."

You are not alone Jayme!

message 10: by Jayme(the ghost reader) (last edited Nov 20, 2011 09:59AM) (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2966 comments I don't list my books individually, I list them by series. So if you count each book of the series I have, 262 books.

message 11: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 70 comments Tammy wrote: "I think this task is pretty open and she's allowing books that were on your personal list (not just Goodreads) since the task also says you can include your personal mental or written list."

Alright, thank you!

message 12: by Masanobu (new)

Masanobu | 158 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I don't list my books individually, I list them by series. So if you count each book of the series I have, 262 books."

I also have around 200 books in my tbr shelves (not the GR shelf, but real shelves!), and that's the reason I love this challenge. Matching my books with the tasks is great fun. The only problem is that I keep adding new books because of the great suggestions! ;)

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7517 comments the book i'm using, I bought from amazon in Feb 2009...lol! its actually a group read for another group, so it works out well

message 14: by Kristina Simon (new)

Jean and Aneeqah - Tammy and the other members are correct. You can use any book that you've been meaning to read for at least a year. It does not have to be on your official Goodreads list.

Tammy and Katrina - Thanks for helping out while I was away! ;-)

message 15: by Kristina Simon (new)

★Meghan★ wrote: "You are not alone Jayme!"

LOL... You certainly aren't.

message 16: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 70 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Jean and Aneeqah - Tammy and the other members are correct. You can use any book that you've been meaning to read for at least a year. It does not have to be on your official Goodreads list.

Tammy..."

Thank you very much for confirming. =)

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "90% of my books have been over a year. Some of them have been on my list for 4 years or more."

You are not alone Jayme!"

I am the same. Most of my books have been there for a long time!