Dragonlance discussion

Dragons of the Hourglass Mage

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Matthew (rodgers) | 21 comments Mod
Who is psyched for this!?

I was not that impressed with Dwarven Depths. Highlord Skies was better. But I have high expectations for Hourglass Mage.
Ms. Weiss re-visiting her best character!

message 2: by Sean (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Sean Little (seanpatricklittle) Any Raistlin is good.
However, Raistlin is sorta Dragonlance's "Boba Fett." Everyone thinks he's cool...but does that coolness have something to do with the mystery of the character?

I, for one, thought Boba Fett was a lot less cool after Attack of the Clones.

message 3: by Christina Stind (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:27PM) (new)

Christina Stind | 7 comments Really looking forward to this one as well.
I haven't read Highlord Skies yet - but I liked Dwarven Depths. Always feels so nice to cuddle up with a Hickman-Weiss book about the companions!

message 4: by khrome (last edited Dec 14, 2007 11:18PM) (new)

khrome | 9 comments (to Sean)
I think he's sexay. In a gold skin.. hacking cough.. herb smelling.. lanky frame.. sort of way.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

That's like me but without the gold skin, hacking cough, and herb smell!

message 6: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments i haven't read highlord yet, but dwarven was fun, a nice filler to actually see what happened in between. Kit I think is also a cool char! a backstabbing mercenary, so i really can't wait to read her book (I am assuming it's about her, I really haven't even read the back of the book yet).

Raist of course is the coolest char in all DL. it's not the Mystery, but one thing that I have noticed is that most, if not a lot of, things are a constant through out most fantasy, I'm talking about weapons, warriors, castles(settings) and the such (but not dragons). Magic though is not a constant. how it works, does it exist, not all fantasy worlds have the same magic "physics". what I think that makes DL such a magic wonderful world is Margret and Tracy's creation of "krynn magic", pretty unique, true the power of magic is influenced by the moons not sooo unique but what can you do. On a whole it is very very well done. magic in the DL world has been brought ot life by Raistlin and therefore because of peoples love of magic(Potter is a proof to that) they of course will love that char who brings it to life. I loved the Raistlin Chronicles because it describes magic in detail, how it is taught, and how a lot of spell are cast.

All in All a new book on Raistlin can't be bad

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Wizards has confirmed that they reached a deal with Weis/Hickman to publish the book in the summer of '09!

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (rebma55) | 3 comments I hadn't read these until just this spring. I loved them all and reading them on my kindle made reading so much quicker :). I loved coming back to these and reading what was happening in the background of the original trilogy. I loved this book especially, there was so much more of Raistlin development in it and after reading the Chronicles of Raistlin and Legends this fit in perfectly, fleshing him out more, even if he still is a bit of a mystery. This book gave me a moment where I was like "oooohhhh" so that's why.

message 9: by Leon (new)

Leon (cesarnoel) | 6 comments I am currently reading this book (passing on Dwarven Depths and Highlors Skies) because this book is about Raistin and I am very much interested on the missing "events" that happened on the Dragons of Spring Dawning.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

khrome wrote: "(to Sean)
I think he's sexay. In a gold skin.. hacking cough.. herb smelling.. lanky frame.. sort of way. "

LMAO..is it sad that I kinda think the same way ;-) He is the best, most developed character of the series and I love, love, love him.