The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) The Son of Neptune discussion

WARNING: THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED BOOK! Is Leo Sammy?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 364 (364 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Cheyenne In The Son Of Neptune, it says in Hazel's first life she had a boyfriend named Sammy. In the end Leo sends a scroll from Camp Half-Blood, It says he looks exactly like Sammy and their last names are Valdez. Are they relatives? Is it a coincidence? Or is it really Sammy? What's your guys' opinions?

Anki My guess is that Leo is the grandson of Sammy Valdez, based on relative ages and timelines.

Cheyenne Yeah, probably, but I'm still confused. :|

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah me too!!

message 5: by Kia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kia Direct descendant. Hazel was dead Sammy got married had kids and probably grandkids so it makes sense for Leo to be his grandson.

The bigger question is what will this do for her romance with Frank?

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

AJ They're probably related but I doubt that Leo is Sammy. Sammy could be Leo's grandfather but they can't be the same person cause then Leo's mom would have her father as a son and that is creepy

Cheyenne I do think that Leo is Sammy's grandson, but I think that Hazel will stay with Frank. After all Frank and Hazel have been through together there's no chance Hazel would choose the guy that she just met because he's related to her old boyfriend. Hazel and Frank forever! <3

Jason Well it is said that Frank will have a short life right? maybe she will date him till he sacrifices himself for something or other and then she will end up with Leo.

message 9: by AJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

AJ aw that would be sad

Olivia i think sammy and leo r the smae person

Laney Franklin Yes. I'm not sure but it is likely that Sammy chose to be reincarnated (as the other books say you can choose to be) and he became the character Leo. So he is the same person in a different life with different parents. He will not remember anything about his previous life with Hazel.

message 12: by Kia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kia The more i think about who hazel would chose and the possible book setup Cheyenne is right Hazel and Frank will have more f a bond plus Frank has a very good likelyhood of dying at the end of the last book, A interesting setup would be if Hazel lives or dies, unless she royally screws up she and frank are both likely to get elysium when they die and your memories are in tact there.

Plus Hazel may be grossed out to learn Leo is the grandson that should have been hers and probably won't date him on principle.

Emily I hope Leo isn't Sammy. I don't really know what to think about that. Honestly, I think Rick is messing with our minds. I hope Leo isn't Sammy. I want Hazel and Frank to live happily ever after!

Lacee well Leo is most likely his grandchild. His moms dad could have been Sammy...you never know

Emily I hope not. I don't want them to be related at all.

message 16: by Anki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anki The relationship seems pretty well set, however. Same last name, same physical features, and possibly from the same general area.... It seems highly unlikely that Leo isn't related to Sammy in some way.

However, I seriously doubt that Leo is the reincarnation of Sammy. Being his grandson seems far more plausible.

Emily I feel defeated. :(

message 18: by AJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

AJ Emily wrote: "I hope not. I don't want them to be related at all."

why not?

Yuman it'd be awkward and sort of, like... absolutely weird. Because she had a crush on his GRANDADDY. But I also think it'd be kind of cool if she got a crush on him. Because she's still his age in thought and mind, just not technically.

Yuman you know what's even weirder? If Sammy is Leo's grandfather, then Hephaestus is Sammy's son-in-law. That oughta take some thought.

Nadine Ok here is what happened ( i think): Hazel was dating Sammy, then Hazel died so Sammy married someone else and had Leo's mom. Then Leo was born.

i think this is what happened

Yuman yeah, a lot of other ppl r also predicting that. Who knows? Maybe RickR's thinking along the same lines. I mean, writing along the same lines ;)

Yuman Yumna wrote: "it'd be awkward and sort of, like... absolutely weird. Because she had a crush on his GRANDADDY. But I also think it'd be kind of cool if she got a crush on him. Because she's still his age in thou..."

Plus, sammy WAS hazel's actual soul-mate, so I'm up for Leo/Sammy as Hazel's boyf. Sorry, Frank+Hazel-lovers!

Nadine Yumna wrote: "yeah, a lot of other ppl r also predicting that. Who knows? Maybe RickR's thinking along the same lines. I mean, writing along the same lines ;)"

Ya maybe:)

message 25: by Nadine (last edited Nov 19, 2011 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nadine Yumna wrote: "Yumna wrote: "it'd be awkward and sort of, like... absolutely weird. Because she had a crush on his GRANDADDY. But I also think it'd be kind of cool if she got a crush on him. Because she's still h..."

Ok it is weird that she had a crush on his granddad and I think Leo and Hazel are amazing together but you said it urself Sammy and hazel are soul mates that doesn't mean Leo and hazel are. And I doubt she will jst leave frank like that and go straight to Leo after all they have been through but they will all go on a quest together so who knows but I still doubt she will jst dump frank

Emily i hope she doesn't dump him.

Antoinette I never thought of Leo as Sammy's grandson, but wow that's probably the case. I hope he isn't Sammy I wouldn't want a love triangle between Frank, Leo, and Hazel.

Sorcha94 Anki wrote: "My guess is that Leo is the grandson of Sammy Valdez, based on relative ages and timelines."

agreed! most logical conclusion

Nadine Ya if it was Sammy, confusing!!

message 30: by Anki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anki Yumna wrote: "Plus, sammy WAS hazel's actual soul-mate, so I'm up for Leo/Sammy as Hazel's boyf. Sorry, Frank+Hazel-lovers!"

I don't know that you can really classify them as "soul-mates". Yes, Hazel and Sammy did like each other, and yes, they might have gotten married had circumstances worked out differently. But even if Hazel used the term soul-mates....they were teenagers! Teenagers fall in and out of love all the time, and some of them seem to find a new "soul-mate" every other month.

Fact of the matter is, Sammy got married to someone else, and lived out his life. Hazel got a new chance at life when Nico brought her back, but for all intents and purposes it is a different life.

Leo looking like Sammy was a shock, and is likely going to create some interesting tension moving forward. But it doesn't mean that Leo and Hazel are destined for each other or anything like that.

Nadine Anki wrote: "Yumna wrote: "Plus, sammy WAS hazel's actual soul-mate, so I'm up for Leo/Sammy as Hazel's boyf. Sorry, Frank+Hazel-lovers!"

I don't know that you can really classify them as "soul-mates". Yes, Ha..."

ya i agree with u, but girls all the time say that they are soul mates so hazel might have said they are. Yes i agree about Hazel and Leo, Sammy and Hazel fell in love but that doesnt mean Hazel and Leo should. and leo doesnt know about Hazel and he wont act awkward but Hazel will

Yuman that was by the case that leo was a reincarnation of sammy, but yeah, the author put too much effort into frank and hazel to split them l8r on

Nadine i doubt that they will split up later. If thaat happens i think Frank will light his own stick on fire ;)
and all the gods that met Frank said he will live a powerful short life they didnt say he will live a loveful life

Emma704 What if Frank dies? Then Hazel will probably go with leo/sammy.

Yuman Third time's the charm ;)

Nadine Emma704 wrote: "What if Frank dies? Then Hazel will probably go with leo/sammy."

Yes but Hazel will be devested that Frank died, usally people dont go straight to a relationship after the person they were with died

Imad Khan i think Leo (Sammy) was stuck in the Lotus Hotel and when he came out he was named Leo

Nadine Imad wrote: "i think Leo (Sammy) was stuck in the Lotus Hotel and when he came out he was named Leo"

i doubt that......

Yuman well thats an original!

Nadine ikr!

Imad Khan hey it was just a guess

JamieNichole003 Well has anyone ever thuoght what is going to happen when Hazel and Leo meet?

Imad Khan make out?

Nadine Jamie wrote: "Well has anyone ever thuoght what is going to happen when Hazel and Leo meet?"

i think hazel will act awkward but leo wont care cause he doesnt know what happened

Nadine Imad wrote: "make out?"

ok i seriously doubt that

JamieNichole003 Nadine wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Well has anyone ever thuoght what is going to happen when Hazel and Leo meet?"

i think hazel will act awkward but leo wont care cause he doesnt know what happened"

You know that just might happen

Nadine Jamie wrote: "Nadine wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Well has anyone ever thuoght what is going to happen when Hazel and Leo meet?"

i think hazel will act awkward but leo wont care cause he doesnt know what happened"
..."

ya i think that is the most logically thing that will happen

Yuman i think hazel will act awkward but leo wont care cause he doesnt know what happened"

Oh yeah, it'll be real funny watching Leo not caring, HA.
And Hazel will probably be acting weird/ maybe have tears in her eyes--every time she sees him. Probably cause of that Frank won't know how to feel towards Leo.
OK this is getting a BIT complicated!!

Antony Lee direct descendent

Emily Imad wrote: "i think Leo (Sammy) was stuck in the Lotus Hotel and when he came out he was named Leo"

i hope not

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8