Harlequin/Silhouette series romances discussion

General > Welcome...

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (drewgrigaliunas) | 1 comments Hello all! My name is Andrew and I just LOVE romance novels...especially Harlequin books. I have a HUGE collection. If you want to talk about any of them, please let me know. I am from SW Michigan and I am 37 years old. When you mention a book, please mention title and author plus book#(if possible). I would like to talk about any book. Have fun reading!!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 78 comments Wow I didn't know this was a group. I'm glad I found you.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 20 comments Hey Danielle!!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 78 comments Hi Debbie. I saw you joined this group, and I followed you over. You know I love my Silhouette/Harlequins. :)

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 20 comments YAY!

message 6: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 55 comments Mod
Welcome Danielle and Debbie!

We're a bit quiet here. I tried some things last year to get the group going, but didn't have much luck.

So feel free to start any discussions :)

~Isis

message 7: by Patty (new)

Patty Serckie (pattyserckie) | 1 comments Hi,
I'm new to the group. I been reading Harlequin romances since 1974. My favorite lines are the mystery/suspense.

message 8: by Carissa (new)

Carissa (carissa091) | 1 comments Love Harlequin romance novels. Lol I have been called an addict from time to time.. Getting ready to read a book from Harlequin Blaze, called Flyboy by Karen Foley. It looks interesting. But my favorite book so far from Harlequin has to be Double Dare, by Tawny Weber.

So glad this is a group!

message 9: by Joni (new)

Joni (jonilu) | 2 comments Hi! Im Joni. I love reading Harlequin books. I have a ton my nook color.

message 10: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 10 comments Hi Joni, welcome to the group!

message 11: by Joni (new)

Joni (jonilu) | 2 comments Thanks! It seems kinda dead in here lol

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 10 comments It seems to go in spurts----sometimes LOTS of activity, others none!!

message 13: by Maria (last edited Nov 17, 2011 10:34AM) (new)

Maria | 3 comments Hi,
I am a recent convert.I never thought I would be into Harlequin intrigue and silhouette romantic novels. I thought they were too cheesy but however, I was wrong. The last few years, I have been an avid reader as they are a quick read and the character development is quite good and the mystery, intrigue and suspense are superb with a great fast paced plot.
I have recently read a few books by Rachel Lee, Carla Cassidy, and Cindy Dees. I have just discovered Jenna Ryan, Kylie Brant and Julie Miller. Also, exploring Debra Webb and Rebecca Yprk
I was looking for a hero to read who was not your typical run of the mill one, who had a dark edge, broody with a dash of humour and a heroine who is feisty has abit of brain.

I am pleasant;y surprised there is alot of variety. Does anyone recommend any series to read and also any other authors I should explore ?

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Thomason (cynthiathomason) | 6 comments Hi Maria, You might try me! I wrote 12 books for HQ Superromance, and I'm now writing for Special Edition. Check out my web page. I'd love to have you as a Goodreads friend and maybe fan if you like what you see.
Cynthia Thomason
cynthiathomason.com

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria | 3 comments Many thanks Cytnthia,I certainly will.

message 16: by Mina (last edited Nov 19, 2011 08:59PM) (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 5 comments Hi Maria,

Since you are reading Rebecca York, I'm assuming you like Paranormals...so Harlequin Nocturne just published my book The Djinn's Dilemma.

The Djinn's Dilemma by Mina Khan

The story is about a djinn assassin who falls for his human target, a feisty journalist, and must figure out how to keep her alive & win her over.

Check out & see if it interests you :)

Happy reading!

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I've only read one or two books many from the Intrigue line (mostly read Presents, Blaze and Desire), but I enjoyed The Secret of Cypriere Bayou by Jana Deleon.

message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie Miller (juliemiller) | 11 comments Maria wrote: "Hi,
I am a recent convert.I never thought I would be into Harlequin intrigue and silhouette romantic novels. I thought they were too cheesy but however, I was wrong. The last few years, I have be..."

Thanks, Maria! I'm flattered to hear you enjoyed my books.
I'm also an avid reader of Harlequin Intrigue...I've read and enjoyed the authors you mentioned, but you might also try Jessica Andersen, Lisa Childs, Carol Ericson or Elle James--Delores Fossen and BJ Daniels, too, if you like cowboy heroes in your romantic suspense.

If you want something really "different" with your hero, you might try Debra Webb's "Enforcers" miniseries for Intrigue, JOHN DOE ON HER DOORSTEP, EXECUTIVE BODYGUARD, MAN OF HER DREAMS. Loved those!

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Dreamworldbooks) | 2 comments Hello,

I decided to join this group because I picked up a Harlequin Intrigue title at a local library sale and have really enjoyed it so far. These books are very fun!

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Miller (juliemiller) | 11 comments Welcome, Sarah!

Maria--I suppose I should add that what makes the heroes "different" in Deb Webb's "Enforcers" books are that each has been genetically engineered (sometimes successfully; sometimes it gives the hero an extra burden/darker edge to deal with).

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 4 comments My name is Christine Hatfield and i'm 25 years old and i work at the riverside elementary school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation of new jersey and i have a medical problem

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne Ivory | 2 comments Hello everyone, my name is Anne. I started reading Mills&Boon/Harlequin a long time ago & though I moved to other sub genres of Romance, Harlequins remain closest to my ‘heart’. I’m amazed how these super authors write full, complete and extremely satisfying stories in 50,000 words. I too have tried my hand writing in a similar style & have uploaded my book to Good reads, if anyone is interested in checking it out. I'm still new at this so pls do forgive any glaring problems you might have with the book. A few people liked the book but some hated my Jeanluc cause they think he's nasty. Anyway, I'm so happy I found this group and would love to be amongst my people, if you’ll have me.

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 4 comments It's nice to meet you Anne and Josephine

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 78 comments Belated welcome to the newest members!