What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Teen Historical Novel Takes Place After Am. Rev.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 43 comments I have a patron who is trying to find a book that she read when she was a teen (1991-92?). She knows neither author nor title, but remembers the plot and some of the characters. It's an historical romance of the purple prose type. If you'd like a stumper, here goes:

A young lady (Leigh) leaves England with her father, heading for American, sometime after the American Revolution. (turn of the 19th century?) Once
they arrived, their corrupt American guide, Jones, murders her father and attacks her. She flees into the forest and is taken in by an innkeeper
and his wife. After a period of time, a plantation owner (Byron) stays at the inn and in a drunken stupor, mistakes Leigh for a harlot and rapes
her. The innkeeper forces Byron to marry her and the rest of the book is about the relationship that develops between the couple.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Tressa, given that you were looking for this for a patron, are you still interested?

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 43 comments Lobstergirl, no, since I haven't worked in that public service dept. in over a year and no longer have the contact info for the patron. I had forgotten all about this inquiry and suppose I can just delete this thread. Thanks.