THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Listing a Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cate (new)

Cate Gardner | 2 comments I want to list a giveaway for a limited edition book that was released without an ISBN number and wondered how I would go about it?

Cheers,
Cate

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Cate wrote: "I want to list a giveaway for a limited edition book that was released without an ISBN number and wondered how I would go about it?

Cheers,
Cate"

You'd probably need to create a dummy ISBN for it. If you email support at goodreads dot com, they can help you out.

message 3: by Cate (new)

Cate Gardner | 2 comments Thanks, Patrick

message 4: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) Thank you. I needed this info.

message 5: by Jon (new)

Jon Etheredge (jonetheredge) | 495 comments What?! No ISBN? I used to put out books like that -- unregistered, untraceable. I called 'em "outlaw" books, printed out on an old government LaserJet II, folded and stapled by hand, and sold at gun shows in exchange for rimfire ammo or bulk beef jerky; displayed in rows clipped to the inside of a trench coat and peddled to unsuspecting school kids for their lunch money; sold under the counter at Mexican flea markets. You know the kind of books I'm talking about. You've seen them. You've wondered what it would be like to own one, to hold it your hands and hide it under the bed when you were finished with it. Yeah, that's right...the Guttenberg Bible.