Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

How would handle the simulations?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah If you had to face your fears like Tris and the initiates, would you have a lot of fears or just a few, like her? I think I'd be suprised about what I would have to face; some of the things Tris faces are pretty abstract.

Arushi i think that no amount of prep work would prepare me for simulations. i feel like theyd be horrifyingly scary and real to me...unless i was divergent, like tris.

Amelia Having to convince myself it was just a stimulation would be hard for me. I tend to freak out rather quickly.

Most times, I tend to TRY to ignore the things that scare me... but well, if they were staring me in the face, no idea what I'd do... Cry?

~❤Rikka❤~ *living is just a symptom of dying* I would probably scream, cry, have nightmares, and be emotionally scarred for the rest of my life =D

Sarah Yeah, there's the normal fears like heights and animals, but the little ones might be the hardest to face, like rejection and affection.

Julie I'd like to say that I'd face them head on. But to be honest, I'd be the wimp spending 24 hours running away from fear after fear. It's like, "Oh hi there, you're hanging off a million story building by one hand. Don't look down!" Me: *screams and starts crying/cussing*

message 7: by Jodi (last edited Nov 23, 2011 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi I have a few fears that I know of. Alot of people are afraid of things they don't even know there afraid of.
I hate flying insects, like wasp, and horseflys.So, in simulations I would probably be running like hell (excuse my language).
But if it's something like Heights, which I also hate, I'd probably get over it and throw myself of the edge knowing it's not real.

Christine I'd probably go mad.

Hannah Jodi wrote: "I have a few fears that I know of. Alot of people are afraid of things they don't even know there afraid of.
I hate flying insects, like wasp, and horseflys.So, in simulations I would probably be..."

But you wouldn't know that it wasn't real. You would think that your actually somewhere up really high, unless your divergent...

Christine I would definitely have a lot of fears, and I'm not goods with dreams, even when I know they're not real. I'd probably have a heart attack as soon as I came out of the simulations.

Sarah If you have a fear of death, could the simulation just alter to make you die a million different ways? If that happened I'd just run right there from Chicago rather than take it.

Sandy Well there are two ways to get out of the simulations, beat them or completely calm down.

message 13: by Mim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mim id like to say im bad ass like Tris, but i dont think i could even jump from the train

Abigail I would die. Period.

Abigail But seriously, I would just try to close my eyes and calm myself down. I would just try and push it out of my mind. I don't know if that would even work but I would try it. Or try to try it...if that makes sense.

Christine Abigail wrote: "But seriously, I would just try to close my eyes and calm myself down. I would just try and push it out of my mind. I don't know if that would even work but I would try it. Or try to try it...if th..."

Me, too. IF I could even get that far.

Hannah Abigail wrote: "But seriously, I would just try to close my eyes and calm myself down. I would just try and push it out of my mind. I don't know if that would even work but I would try it. Or try to try it...if th..."

Ditto. ...probably. :)

Kinga I would freak out at the first simulation, and would need a few hours to get over. but I think I could adapt to the situation rather quickly if I don't want to die...that's it<3

message 19: by Tessa (last edited Jun 29, 2012 09:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tessa i have one fear that im very aware of so i'd freak out about that. i dont see how convincing yourself that its not real could be so hard when you know that youre going into a simulation thing.

Arushi but you really cant just believe its a simulation unless youre a true divergent like tris.

i mean you could sorta kid yourself into thinking it was not real, but youd think it was so...

Abigail One thing I don't understand is how the other kids did it. I mean if ur not divergent and you thought it was read, how could you get better with time? Idk, someone plz explain.

Abigail *real