Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? discussion

Why Are Black Kids Sitting Together??/

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josaia (last edited Oct 31, 2008 02:27PM) (new)

Josaia Naulumatua rayawa I would love to know myself because I never did do that during my time in High school and University.

My first inclination was to sit with people I knew personally be they black or white; or simply find an empty spot amongst a group....unless of course I didnt feel comfortable about their demeanor.

Shouldnt the heading be "why do kids of same race/color sit together in Cafetira?

The current book topic suggests that White kids dont sit together in Cafeteria - only Black kids..Am I correct in my assumption?

Kelly no-- she points out that her title means all those other things, too. the first part of the book discusses black kids in a predominately white school-- hence the racial grouping makes it look like the black kids are sitting together. but really all races do this, and she explains it as a positive way to develop racial identity and cope with racial issues.

Dr. Phoenix Josaia wrote: "I would love to know myself because I never did do that during my time in High school and University.

My first inclination was to sit with people I knew personally be they black or white; or simp..."

This has much to do with instilling White guilt into those who adopt meritocracy as their creed.