Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

63 views
Picking Monthly Books! > December Nominations!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Ruckman (tracy_ruckman) | 10 comments One of the most beautiful books I've ever held in my hands is Log Cabin Christmas. It's an anthology of beautiful Christmas stories by a whole slew of best-selling authors, and it has already hit the NY Times best-seller list for this year.

A Log Cabin Christmas 9 Nine Romances of American Pioneer Christmases by Margaret Brownley


message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments I really want to read Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball. I've had it on my list for such a long time that as we get closer to Christmas, it makes it harder to wait!


message 3: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (bookexplorer) | 4 comments Although I agree with Amanda, I'd like to nominate PAPER BAG CHRISTMAS by Kevin Milne.


message 4: by Ellen (last edited Nov 17, 2011 08:52AM) (new)

Ellen Maze (ellenmaze) | 70 comments ooOH! Let's read: Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska
A delightful story that takes place in a town where it's Christmas all year long! Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska by Loree Lough


message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (readingrainbowbrite) | 12 comments Amanda wrote: "I really want to read Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball. I've had it on my list for such a long time that as we get closer to Christmas, it makes it harder to wait!"

I read "Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball" this summer. It's cute. Whimsy and child like faith mixed with the reality of how most adults rush through Christmas, treating the holidays as a chore of obligation. A fun, fast read!


message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (readingrainbowbrite) | 12 comments My favorite adult Christmas book is "Twas the Night" by Jerry B. Jenkins. I think both guys and gals will enjoy this one.


message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Heather wrote: "My favorite adult Christmas book is "Twas the Night" by Jerry B. Jenkins. I think both guys and gals will enjoy this one."
I haven't heard of that one - going to have to look it up! Thanks for the suggestion!


message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 55 comments Amanda wrote: "Heather wrote: "My favorite adult Christmas book is "Twas the Night" by Jerry B. Jenkins. I think both guys and gals will enjoy this one."
I haven't heard of that one - going to have to look it up!..."


Ditto!


message 9: by Barbara (last edited Nov 17, 2011 05:10PM) (new)

Barbara (lv2scpbk) | 56 comments Remembering Christmas by Dan Walsh Remembering Christmas: A Novel


message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Toni wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Heather wrote: "My favorite adult Christmas book is "Twas the Night" by Jerry B. Jenkins. I think both guys and gals will enjoy this one."
I haven't heard of that one - going to have..."


Hi Toni! I just found a copy on paperback swap and ordered it! I believe there are more :)


message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (readingrainbowbrite) | 12 comments Amanda wrote: "Toni wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Heather wrote: "My favorite adult Christmas book is "Twas the Night" by Jerry B. Jenkins. I think both guys and gals will enjoy this one."
I haven't heard of that one - ..."


"Twas the Night" is probably available from your local library.
Tom is so bahhumbug yet has that heart of gold deep down. And Noelle is sweet but no push over.
Such a fun book with some romance and the magic of Christmas thrown in. I've worked for a newspaper so I loved that Tom is a newspaper columnist.


message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (readingrainbowbrite) | 12 comments Brittanie wrote: "Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe by Irene Brand and Anita Higman."

Haven't read that one. But if it's by Irene Hannon I know it will be awesome!


message 13: by Marji (new)

Marji Laine (marjilaine) Tracy wrote: "One of the most beautiful books I've ever held in my hands is Log Cabin Christmas. It's an anthology of beautiful Christmas stories by a whole slew of best-selling authors, and it has already hit t..."
I just got that one and am dying to settle into it! Such a beautiful book, with such GREAT authors!


message 14: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 34 comments Tracy wrote: "One of the most beautiful books I've ever held in my hands is Log Cabin Christmas. It's an anthology of beautiful Christmas stories by a whole slew of best-selling authors, and it has already hit t..."

I know the group "Fans of Amish Fiction" are reading that book for December! Have not heard of it just thought you might be interested! :P


message 15: by Libby (last edited Nov 18, 2011 10:37PM) (new)

Libby Here is the Link to the Jerry B Jenkins Twas the Night Before Book on Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20...


message 16: by Jan Marie (new)

Jan Marie Newby | 6 comments I loved A Door County Christmas by Rachael Phillips, Becky Melby, and Eileen Key. It is on sale right now at Christian Book Distributors for only $2.99.


message 17: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 19 comments My novel that releases in January has a Christmas theme, Southern Superstitions releases January 15. Meanwhile, I'm checking out Log Cabin Christmas. Thanks for the tip above. Oh, and Jerry B. Jenkins, too. Blessings, BJ Robinson


message 18: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 19 comments Last Resort by B. J. Robinson is contemporary Christian romantic suspense. Southern Superstitions by B. J. Robinson releases January 15. Have an ARC PD available for a reviewer. Any takers? Last Resort is available at Amazon by searching Last Resort B. J. Robinson. Five-star reviews.


message 19: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 19 comments PDF ARC copy, I meant :)


message 20: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ruchti | 4 comments Jan Marie, thanks for the shout out about A Door County Christmas. I was the fourth author in that mix and we had such fun writing that book! We love it when readers say, "Oh, now I HAVE to go visit Door County!" Christmas books are so much more popular than we ever realized. It's a fun time to sit with a cup of cocoa, a quilt, and a great story.


message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Cynthia wrote: "Jan Marie, thanks for the shout out about A Door County Christmas. I was the fourth author in that mix and we had such fun writing that book! We love it when readers say, "Oh, now I HAVE to go visi..."

Yep. Cynthia, you had me at the mention of cocoa...I'm all over that! It really does sound like a great book!


message 22: by Jan Marie (new)

Jan Marie Newby | 6 comments Cynthia, I'm so sorry that I left your name off of that list! The funny thing is, that I expressly remember typing your name and somehow must have backspaced it right out of existence. My humble apologies - I certainly didn't mean to neglect to mention your delightful contribution!


message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Woot Woot! and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well! :)


message 24: by Lady Day (new)

Lady Day (ladyday) I suggested this book in one of my other book groups. I was hoping that between the two...I'd get to read and discuss it. Yes!!!


message 25: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (bookexplorer) | 4 comments Trish - where will we find the discussion? I haven't been in one in a while.


back to top