Harry Potter discussion

Characters > Favorite Death Eater? :D

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments Who is your favorite Death Eater? Mine's Bellatrix :)

message 2: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments Mine is Bellatrix as well which I never quite understood because I love the character of Neville but I just thought the character was so well written and very deathly scary and in the movies Helena Bonham Carter does her so well

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 21 comments Did somebody say Draco Malfoooy?

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Definatly Bellatrix... But, when Malfoy becomes a Death Eater he is suddenly a whole lot more attractive...

message 5: by Weirdology (new)

Weirdology Voldemort himself. But if he doesn't count as a death eater then I'll go with Bellatrix.

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments I don't think he does cause his followers are death eaters.

message 7: by Weirdology (last edited Nov 28, 2011 10:20PM) (new)

Weirdology Solarius wrote: "I don't think he does cause his followers are death eaters."

Yeah, that's what I think too. But then in the last book the Weasley twins referred to him as "the head death eater" or something like that. It was during their underground radio show.

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Mmmmm I will have to look into that....

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think bellatrix is pretty awesome, even though she is evil...

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Yeah...

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 21 comments I'm surprised nobody chose Snape yet.

Lex is da name, dont wear it out | 88 comments yeah.... well he was a double crosser who double crossed the people he was double crossing for Dumbledore.... O.O i think i just confused myself

simple explanation
(view spoiler)

message 13: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments Solarius wrote: "Definatly Bellatrix... But, when Malfoy becomes a Death Eater he is suddenly a whole lot more attractive..."
I agree. I like the brooding type xD

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Haha!

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) SNAPE!!!
And Bellatrix.

message 16: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Bellatrix is cool!

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Yeah! She is... minus the fact that she killed Sirius, Dobby and causes Neville's parents to go all loopy...

message 18: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Solarius wrote: "Yeah! She is... minus the fact that she killed Sirius, Dobby and causes Neville's parents to go all loopy..."

Exactly.

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Exactly why you like her?

message 20: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) | 8 comments Jasmine Vengeance wrote: "SNAPE!!!
And Bellatrix."

Snape is not nessesarily a death eater......

message 21: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments I think Snape still counts as a Death Eater.

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments I do not think Snape counts cause he was not one at heart.

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily | 19 comments BELLATRIX! Her character was so well-written, and scary!

Netsen7Bookdragon  | 87 comments Bellatrix, No doubt about that, she's the best the way she's written and played out:o)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I think everyone's mostly saying Bellatrix because she's one of the only Death Eaters that you have quite a bit of contact with and who is fleshed out as a character. The only other Death Eater that you see often is Lucius Malfoy.
what's interesting about Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa is that in the end, they really don't care about Voldemort and getting rid of Muggle-borns; all they care about is finding their son, so they're actually not pure bad.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I agree with you for the most part.
On the comment of Voldemort foolishly thinking he could mistreat his followers, I don't think that Voldemort gave a damn about his followers; he preferred to do things himself and be dependent upon himself alone, and his followers were merely pawns that did the menial tasks for him. For the purpose of discussion however, one could argue that he wouldn't have gotten so much power without any followers, which in a way is true, too.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, yes, Bellatrix was probably the exception. After all, she was the most loyal to him, and he probably trusted her more than anyone.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Bellatrix, cause she's just awesome, shes one of my fav characters of the series, even though she killed dobby... :( :)

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandgoggs) I love Fenrir Greyback. He's awesome. Also Bellatrix and Malfoy are great.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 30: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) Well, how can you not like Snape? But then I suppose it's already a given that he's awesome. I really like Draco as well, even though he was only given the title of a Death Eater to spite his dad and get draco to die.

message 31: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) I really loved Bellatrix. She was just so dark in essence, she was powerful and wicked, it's exactly what a Death Eater should be. She was also portrayed spectacularly in the movies, just like I imagined her in the books. There's just that.... malevolent, twisted and dark feel to her, it's absolutely thrilling to watch. She's just so completely and utterly evil, it's fascinating. Like watching a car crash, but without the crash. It's just the anticipation, what wicked and cruel thing is she going to do next? Absolutely brilliant.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

GO BELLATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely brilliant character. Fascinating character with her side of darkness and they way its appearence sounds in the book. loved the persionality of her

message 33: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) I think the appropriate description of Bellatrix is that you loved to hate her. Her personality was just so... pure evil.

message 34: by Aly (new)

Aly Rice | 14 comments Bellatrix!!!! She's a crazy, insane witch. She's entertaining x)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? haha...and Helena Bonham Carter did such a fantastic job in the movies. whenever I see her, I always think, 'she must have had soo much fun doing that!'

message 36: by Aly (new)

Aly Rice | 14 comments And knowing that she's married to Tim Burton just makes me love her even more!!!

message 37: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (readingwriting4eva) | 30 comments My favorite death eater is always going to be Bellatrix.
Also Severus Snape of course- though he hardly qualifies as a real one. :)

message 38: by Liz! (new)

Liz! (Bazil is Awosome!)  (elizabethknowles) | 15 comments What type of question is that!!! LOL BELLATRIX all the way! And sexy Draco and Snape but he is awesome anyway!!! =)

*unregistered_animagus* | 19 comments Does Wormail (Pettigrew) count as a Death Eater? If not, I like Dolohov!!!

message 40: by Aly (new)

Aly Rice | 14 comments I would think Wormtail counts. He has the dark mark, right?

message 41: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) He does count =) Mine is Bellatrix and Dolohov XD

message 42: by Fi (new)

Fi Bellatrix! <3

message 43: by Monika (new)

Monika (betci15) | 10 comments I would say Severus Snape, if he counts. If not, then I would say Lucius Malfoy!

message 44: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Peveler | 11 comments Lucius Malfoy, I think J.K. made a magnificent statement about the soulless arrogance, greed and cowardice of the current political conservatives worldwide.

message 45: by Nikoline (new)

Nikoline (annenikoline) Michael wrote: "Did somebody say Draco Malfoooy?"
What he said. But I also like Bella a whole lot.

message 46: by Libby (new)

Libby (libbith220) Bellatrix is probably my favorite, as with most people here. I also like Lucious Malfoy, but I have to admit, it's only because he has cool hair in the movies ;)

message 47: by Martha (new)

Martha Barth (superducky022) | 14 comments Definitely Bellatrix.

message 48: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Bellatrix Lestrange \m/

message 49: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 21 comments Definitely Bellatrix forever

message 50: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments Definitely Severus Snape - although I don't really think that he counts as a Death Eater, personally.

After that, I would say Bellatrix or Lucius.

Perhaps Sirius' brother, Regulus, who defected and tried to help bring Voldemort down before being killed?

« previous 1 3