What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. One woman passes and another woman is transferred back in time

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starlene (new)

Starlene | 5 comments In this book one woman passes, as her spirit leaves her body a woman from the future is thrown back in time and takes over the woman's body. The woman who is thrown back in time comes to find she is married and is to raise the woman's children. As time goes on the woman must decide if she will stay in the past or return to her own life.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments You don't mean Life as I Know It, do you? It doesn't have a time travel element, but otherwise it sounds the same.

message 3: by Starlene (new)

Starlene | 5 comments Liralen, not the book I am looking for but one I am going to have to add to my to-read collection. Your right in it has a similar story line.

message 4: by Allybb (new)

Allybb | 1 comments What about The Mirror? The woman doesn't die, but switches bodies with an ancestor.

message 5: by Starlene (new)

Starlene | 5 comments Allybb, The Mirror is not the book but thanks.

message 6: by carriedaway (new)

carriedaway | 9 comments Do you have any idea when the book was written? I'd've guessed The Mirror as well but I read a lot of time travel so it might come to me, or I might find it and read it myself. :)

message 7: by Starlene (new)

Starlene | 5 comments It is has been at least 15 years since I read the book.

message 8: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) I really doubt this is it (it doesn't match most of th specifics you posted), but I'm going to throw Kindred out there as a possibility.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Starlene, are you still looking for this book?

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielee) | 16 comments Is it "That other Katherine" by Linda Lael Miller, found in the book "Together"?

message 12: by Stelleri (new)

Stelleri | 9 comments Similar to part of Connie Willis's Blackout/All Clear.

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Found this list; could be similar titles here:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 14: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments The Mirror- a grand-daughter and grand-mother switch places (not quite a woman dying...)

message 15: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Shades of Heaven and On the Way to Heaven by Tina Wainscott have premise - woman dies...

Oh...never mind this query has been abandoned...

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jenna wrote: "The Mirror- a grand-daughter and grand-mother switch places (not quite a woman dying...)"

Looks like "The Mirror" was ruled out @5.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jenna wrote: "Shades of Heaven and On the Way to Heaven by Tina Wainscott have premise - woman dies...

Oh...never mind this query has been abandoned..."

There's not necessarily anything wrong with adding suggestions to an Abandoned query; sometimes the query has been moved there too quickly, and the OP may not know it has been moved. Of course, if the OP has left the group, there's not much point.