The Riders of Alegaesia discussion

Characters > Aria's Characters

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (lilysokai) | 89 comments Mod
D R A G O N

Name: Ulysseio (U-LIH-ssee-oh; roll the S')

Bonded or Wild?: Currently Wild (destined to be Bonded, though)

Size: Welp, he's still in the egg... And surprisingly, it doesn't weigh much more than your average backpack with a light binder and one textbook. I wonder what he's going to be built for...? *cough*

Appearance: Due to the fact that Syphon (who's supposed to be unnamed) is still unhatched, you can only guess what he's going to look like. His egg is slightly elliptical, with most of the relatively light weight based in the larger portion of the shell's interior. The smooth green surface is symmetrical in appearance, with only a slight difference. Lines of gently pulsating silver veins cover the surface of the egg; giving the otherwise polished egg some texture to hold on to. Slight chips can be seen here and there (probably from rolling around to much, as it gives a good shove every once in a while), but they are overall unnoticeable. Small blemishes of crisp silver flecks can be seen in two places near the "top" (smaller end) of the egg, while there's one near the "bottom" and another slightly lower than where the other two were. Speculation concludes that those might represent what his teeth, horns and spikes will be colored, but it's so far unclear.

Talents: So far, this egg has been pretty damn good at scaring the shit out of it's current handler by causing the bumps and thumps in the night.

Personality: The spunk noted above will probably come into play when this spastic little thing hatches...

Bond: [Reserved for Skyler]

Other: Likes moving. A lot, apparently...

message 2: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
Aww! I love him too freaking much already! :D

message 3: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Ikr >w< My mental image of him is just covered in hearts.

message 4: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (last edited Nov 16, 2011 09:09PM) (new)

R I D E R

Name: Skyler Smithson

Race: Human

Appearance: Skyler is one of those men who've barely come of age, and definitely don't act it. He hasn't yet discovered the need for shaving, nor does he want to (he's looking forward to that mustache!), and could actually very much care less for what he looks like. Raven-colored feathers appear as a tousled mess on his head (which don't look greasy) while heartwarming, innocent hazel-green eyes peer out from behind the curtain of overhanging hair.

A defined jawline is the only thing proving that Skyler is an adult. His cheekbones aren't necessarily defined, but he has broad shoulders and an outstanding (haha) height of 6' 6" to back up his age. His neck isn't stubby, but it isn't lengthy either, while lips curved into a permanently coy smile adorn his face. Wispy sideburns protect his ears from the cold winters and burning sun (though he didn't really go outside much) and an average forehead is hidden from sight.

His build is that of one who's spent much time at work. His arms are built for heavy force from the forge he worked at with his father and younger brother, while hairy legs trained for running back and forth with accuracy carry his lean-yet-muscled form.

Personality: Skyler is... complicated, to say the least. Although he acts childish, he's consciously weighed down by the duties that adults always bear. And let's just assume that he really, REALLY doesn't appreciate that. At all.

Skyler, when shirking work, can often be found horsing around with his little brother Wrol, hanging out at the tavern with his best friend (the barkeep's son), or prowling about the forest. Or maybe doing all three at the same time. You can't discredit this guy for his amazing rationality when it comes to having fun. Although his ideas might sound crazy or insane, they have a strange tenancy to work out. Maybe not perfectly, but enough to get him labeled as having a lucky star.

This guy, the one with two thumbs and a plan for "success", is not the kind to actively pursue anything. When he's paid for work, he'll do it, but he won't go out of his way to do anything for most anyone... Unless you've proved your importance to him, gained his respect, or not pissed him off in the two seconds that he's known you. His "patient" personality is often matched with a ferocious temper that won't take ANYBODY'S feces, especially a strangers'.

Despite his off-putting personality, he has an odd gentleness when it comes to family, things of personal value, people he considers family and close friends. If you threaten any of the above, you damn well better make sure to put up a pretty good barricade to keep him out of your house while you're sleeping...

History: Ever since Skyler was a kid, he's had a tenancy to get into trouble. Although it's only considered mischievous behavior by most, it's been the thing that's run his life for as long as he can remember. What kind of prank can I do to get the most attention? How many times can I make that girl down the street cry? Etc, etc, etc. He's never been that nice to other people (due to the fact that he hadn't gotten retaliation from his parents before then), and was only corrected when the local barkeep's son tackled him into a pig pen for calling his dad a drunkard (which, logically, could have been true). Since then, they've been inseparable, and while Esan hasn't been able to keep as good as a check on Skyler as he would like, he's done a pretty good job throughout their teens.

Skyler's family is composed of his mother, father and brother. His mother runs the business front while his father, brother and himself work in the forge day in and out... Unless daddy takes a little break and he can slip out in the afternoon. It's given him pretty good level of stealth and silence when he wants to use it, and a fairly high tolerance of pain. His mother is a bit less strict, and often cooks the meals for the family; calming Skyler's father in the middle of heated family debates. Wrol, his little brother who's 15, tends to stay out of these and keep the goody-two-shoes front for the 'rents while secretly lighting a match behind his back for a torch that he and his older brother are going to use for a game of juggling fire.

Skyler had been outside in the forest, roaming around with Esan when he came across the dragon egg. It had been lightly glowing from afar, but Esan hadn't noticed it and kept on walking when Skyler abruptly stopped and dashed off to fetch it. After figuring out exactly what it was, his best friend had gotten into an argument about who should keep it, but he won without much effort. After all, Esan didn't live near a forge where he could keep the egg warm, and the barkeep's family didn't want to house a dragon (due to expenses). Therefore, it was only pure luck and birthright that the smith son was able to keep the unhatched dragon; which he carefully sets near a pit of coals to keep it warm at night while it stirs him at ungodly hours as it struggles to crack the shell.

Talents: Talking his way out of sticky situations, Sneaking around, Acting, Playing on people's weaknesses.

Other: Has no real grasp of value, unless it holds some kind of personal story that he can relate to. Money? Gold? Pfft. He'd trade it all for a good romp through the countryside.

message 5: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Will be making another male sooner or later. Wait for 'em tomorrow.

message 6: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
He sounds pretty interesting. :)

message 7: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Ikr? I can't wait to see how his personality plays out XD

Making a wild and another human right now... Or should Thirstan's "partner" be an elf?

message 8: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (last edited Nov 17, 2011 01:44PM) (new)

D R A G O N

Name: Rajat

Bonded or Wild?: Wild. May be bonded in the future.

Age: Around 20-25 years. His age usually slips his mind.

Size: To compare; Rajat is about the size of your average baseball field when he's curled up as tight as can be. When he's stretched out, the tip of his snout would be able to gently rest on the bleachers while the base of his tail would be resting on the seats of the other end. His wings, while folded, would be able to fit, but their span of about 150 feet wouldn't be able to comfortably flex without open skies.

Appearance: Rajat is the color of moonlight... literally. His pure white scales glitter ominously on nights of the full moon, and in the sunlight, he's a tad blinding. His claws are about the length of a human from their neck to the ground while his teeth are evenly sized; not meant for biting. Both are colored in the same ivory color as his scales, glistening and pretty.

Rajat's large irises are a piercing ice blue and about the size of two human heads put together. His pupils are naturally very narrow, and although his eyes are both only barely slanted, his sleek forehead gives his eyelids a look that almost immediately comes across as conceited or disdainful. His snout is round at the tip but flares out at his cheek bones; becoming the broad, flat perch that houses his two slightly curved horns that are the same shade as his teeth, claws and spikes.

Muscles cover the entire frame of Rajat's skeleton, making him appear much bulkier and awkward than he actually is. Strong wing muscles allow for him to be able to fly for long periods of time; though he can't maneuver nearly as gracefully as some other dragons roaming the lands.

Talents: With his relatively high stamina (for his age, anyway), Rajat can cast many magic spells for quite a while. His stamina in every field, in fact, is quite acceptable; and his strength is nothing to scoff at either.

Personality: Rajat is a peace-loving kind of dragon. He doesn't agree with violence, and is actually quite gentle and kind with everyone he meets. Despite his looming size, he'd never, EVER purposefully kill someone (or something) unless they've proven multiple times over that they are evil and will never change. He's forgiven more than one stumbling, bumbling traveler and quite often gives directions when people barge into his cave on the hillside, and has gained a small reputation of having good intentions.

When confronted with a difficult situation, Rajat is more or less a fence-sitter. If there was a fence that could support his weight, anyway. He's very bad at making influential decisions, and therefore usually needs someone to follow after or look to for help. In this way, he's a bit weak, but he embraces it as some kind of gift; as it has made him humble and thirsty for the knowledge of elders, as to one day help him be able to make his own choices. Until then, however, he will accept the answers of other people as truths, and only question them when it has some kind of moral demolition to himself, another being, or is otherwise contradicted later on in life.

Rajat is content with most anything. He treasures things that other people give him, and he's willing to sacrifice everything he has to help another being in need. He doesn't find the want to have any possessions, since he moves around too much to be able to carry everything anyways. His traveling, nomadic nature gives him the natural itch to want to get away from the known and discover the unknown; and will often bargain info for info. If he's ever told a secret, he'll keep it with him until the end of time, and you can bet he'll be patient enough to never tell another soul.

Bond: Unbonded.

Other: Loves rolling. Although it causes mighty tremors in the earth and makes for distraught neighbors, it's a lot of fun.

message 9: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
Love him so far.

Err... I dunno. XD Any way, it's going to be amusing. I'm not sure how his, err... "job" will interfere though. XD

message 10: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (last edited Nov 17, 2011 01:45PM) (new)

Dunno. I'm playing on the assumption that Skyler lives in major, busy town that's near a forest. I think there's a city like that in Alegaesia, right? O.o

And I dunno how the gay thing will work out either... BUT WE'LL SEE. *dun dun duuuuun*

Finished up Rajat :D

message 11: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
Yeah. There is. I may look it up later.

It'll be interesting.

I'm sorry if I get snappy. I'm in a terrible mood. Jesus, I hate my goddamn parents! They're such fucking idiots!

message 12: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Well... If it makes you feel any better, I love youuuu :D

Soz. What does I do now? You've approved all three of them, yesh?

message 13: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
Yes. Awl of dem are approved. So you can... ROLEPLAY!! :D

Thank you. I love you too. <3

message 14: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

HELLZ YEAAAAHHHH.

D'aww, shanks <33

message 15: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ☆Aria Saphelle☆ wrote: "D R A G O N

Name: Ulysseio (U-LIH-ssee-oh; roll the S')

Bonded or Wild?: Currently Wild (destined to be Bonded, though)

Size: Welp, he's still in t..."

Question: how in the Pit do you roll an S? XD I can roll R's perfectly fine, but an S...? :P

message 16: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
I have no freaking idea... I was confused too. XD

message 17: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
OMG! I HAVE A VIDEO OF CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI SPEAKING DWARVISH! AND THE ANCIENT LANGUAGE!

message 18: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ...O.o How did you find that? *Cough*Nerd-Alert*Cough* ...^.^'

message 19: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
I Went to the signing today!!

message 20: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

You kinda drag it out and then make an "ey" sound before hitting the "e", like the e with a / thing in Renee. Stupid laptop can't make the symbol =.=;

message 21: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy The slashy thing above the e is called an acute... :P I think. And the other way is a grave or something.

message 22: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Good thing to know if I ever go into French... :D

message 23: by Serena (new)

Serena (coolx1234567890) | 10 comments Luv ya charcters sista! <3

message 24: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ☆Aria Saphelle☆ wrote: "Good thing to know if I ever go into French... :D"

Haha, they're horrible in French. :P I always put them around the wrong way. XD

message 25: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Lol oops?

Yo there, Serena... Glad you like them :D NOW GO MAKE YOUR OWN. Kbai <3333

Awesomely Random the Bestest D-Con | 12 comments So much for Yums being the rookie, hampz. How the hell didja manage to put the acutes and graves around the wrong way? :P

Ohhhh, nice characters. ;D

message 27: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Thanks >w<

message 28: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

C I V I L I A N

Name: Eylessia/Pamai

Race:Werecat

Role: Shop Owner/Alchemist

Appearance: http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv...

Eylessia appears in her human form as a sleek woman with short, messy black hair that gives her silhouette a shaggy sort of look. Her unusual amethyst purple eyes are mysterious and always give you an enticing, kind of alluring gaze; practically reeling you in to listen to whatever she had to say. Her long bangs crisscross over her forehead and end at the bridge of her nose, and a coy smile is nearly always adorning small, poised lips. Two prominent black cat ears protrude from the top of her head, replacing the ears that would normally connect to her jaw, and they're very fluffy at the top; even though she hates it when people try to touch them.

Delicate fingertips and well-manicured nails extend from soft hands and lean arms, leading to sloped shoulders and a bust that isn't really worth mentioning. A skinny waist and gently rounded hips provide a sight to see, but Eylessia's legs, despite the tradition of hiding them, are usually exposed to the elements. Impossibly smooth skin covers long, slim legs that provide most of her height (she stands at a slightly less-than-average 5' 5").

http://data.whicdn.com/images/1419708...

When Eylessia needs to slink around and steal things for her potions and creations, she usually just switches to her feline form; a sleek and skinny black cat that could slip through any prison bars. She usually goes by an alias, Pamai, who has fur unruffled and uniform as the scales on a fish. It shines in the daylight with a glossy sheen, but during the night time, it absorbs whatever light you might think would hit it and give her away; almost like a moving shadow. You would only be able to tell she was there if her iridescent purple eyes, which are uniform to her human shape, meet yours; usually as a sign to GTFO run away before something bad happens.

Personality: Eylessia is often taken to be a witch of some kind, but she prefers the terms "alchemist" or "potion expert". Her sense of morbid humor has to be kept in check now and then, but she will often find amusement in going around as "Pamai" and playing pranks on the people who she crossed paths with; as her favorite myth was that black cats gave bad luck. She enjoys sleeping through the day and coming out to savor the moonlight, but she is often up for two or three days straight before collapsing for the same amount of time; just to get a lot of work done and not worry about it while she cat naps. Stress is a thing that Eylessia handles well, and she doesn't let things get to her as easily as other people do; although if you find a nitch to dig into, she will indeed bare her fangs and claw you to ribbons.

As Pamai, she is much quieter and straightforward, but there isn't much of a difference. She enjoys sitting on lampposts and saying "Boo" every once in a while (just to make others jump), and usually causes quite a bit of mischief. She usually takes this form either to roam around and explore the town further (and stake her territory to the strays) or just take a walk when she doesn't feel like expending too much energy as a human (Cats, with 4 legs, have more stamina due to the fact that they can balance out their weight better).

Other: Her potion/alchemy shop, "Aurora Nova", is popular but more on the black market side of dealings. She has a lot of uncanny income (that she hides pretty well) and takes the front of an innocent but mysterious young girl that lives alone in the two-story shop, sandwiched in between a bakery and a pastry shop. She's often seen in either of those shops' windows, bundled in a blanket while looking out on the street as she drinks a warm cup of milk; compliments of the house (since her looks attract a lot of customers anyway).

message 29: by Diabolical Daemonic , Oh, so they have internet on computers now! (new)

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 24 comments Mod
I like her, like her a lot, especially the clawing to ribbons part XD

message 30: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

X3 me too.

Shall we Roleplay?? :DDDD

message 31: by Diabolical Daemonic , Oh, so they have internet on computers now! (new)

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 24 comments Mod
Sure, but where, lol, Illeria?

message 32: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

Yep, probably.

I'll start~~

message 33: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
Oooh. Yay. I'm bringing Thristan in. XD

message 34: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆, That one. (new)

XD oh boy...

message 35: by Kayla, The Numerous Uno (new)

Kayla | 105 comments Mod
I know, right? XD I don't know what he'll be doing. I kind of want to hire him out first thing... but I dunno... XD