Art Club discussion

Protect IP Act

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura , in a public relationship with rasputin??? (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:47PM) (new)

Laura  | 3132 comments Mod
Guys, this is insanely important. Right now our government is trying to pass a bill that will inhibit the reporduction or distribution of copyrighted material on the Internet and give even more severe consequences for this than in the past. For example, if you so much as record and post a video of yourself playing a video game, you could be fined an excessive amount of money and might have to face actual jail-time. This bill will hold the site (such as youtube.com or tumblr) responsible for every single one of their users, even the annoying trolls who will post illegal, copyrighted content just to spite everyone else.

This effectively puts the Internet at risk, along with everybody who makes money from a web-based business.
Not only will the safety of theinternet be jeopardized, but this will take as much as 10 million dollars of taxpayer money to fund this-- as if we weren't already going through tough economic times.

There's a video that explains it better than I can, just type in "protect ip" into google videos. There are also some sites that allow you to send a letter to your representative.

So what are your opinions on this issue? I'm convinced it's pretty serious, but I don't think that it will necessarily pass.

message 2: by Silver (new)

Silver wow... :/

message 3: by Sara, Rararasputin lover of the scatman (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 2329 comments Mod
I dunno... I haven't read like anything about it I just know people are freaked out so I can't really give my opinion...

message 4: by Talia, I like turtles. (new)

Talia | 1820 comments Mod
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

message 5: by Laura , in a public relationship with rasputin??? (new)

Well it was outvoted.
Yay!

message 6: by Jia, The lemon. (new)

Jia | 1653 comments Mod
Hoopla!

message 7: by Talia, I like turtles. (new)

Talia | 1820 comments Mod
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It's all good.

message 8: by Laura , in a public relationship with rasputin??? (new)

....for now.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN