Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

All Things Amish > PenPals

Comments Showing 1-50 of 356 (356 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Hello,
I know I haven't been in this wonderful group very long, but I was wondering if anyone out there would want to be penpals? After years of reading about the Amish and their penpals and circle letters I have wanted to do the same for quite a while now. You know like the good old days. LOL If anyone would loke to be my penpal please let me know.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
A circle letter would be fun -- great idea Amber!

message 3: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 74 comments I would love to be penpals Amber.

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Shaz wrote: "I would love to be penpals Amber."

I'm sorry for just now getting back to you. Awesome. I will PM you in the next day or so... :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Barbara Ann, I really like the idea of doing a circle letter! Maybe this is something to plan for the future with members of our group?

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10 comments Would like to be included if it comes to be.

message 7: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I like the circle letter idae too. Sounds fun.

message 8: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 17 comments Yes the circle letter would be fun. Would like to be included if one starts here.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Well lets start one then. Who wants to go first? I can unless someone else wants too. PM me your address if you want to be included. For those who haven't joined or haven't read this post and want to be included just let me know and pm me your address. We can easily add people. :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Walters (jenniferjow) | 2 comments I would love to do this too Amber-please include me.Sounds like so much fun!

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Count me in!

message 12: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes Cordero (mercecordero) | 17 comments I'm new in Amish fiction and everything else Amish. What's a circle letter?

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Okay, I will get one sent out starting the first of the week. That way we have time to include everyones address. I will put an address list in with the circle letter. If I get an address after I have sent the letter I will ask who has the circle letter and then pm them with the address to add to the list. If you have any ideas, suggestions or questions feel free to ask. I will start with the first address I've received. This should be fun. We have quite a few people so please try and get the letter back in the mail as soon as you can. It will take awhile to reach everyone but it should be lots of fun.
God Bless.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Hi Mercedes,

A circle letter is something the Amish and Mennonites do. They write a letter and send it to someone who is on their list (family, friends)and then the next person adds to the letter and sends it on to the next person on the list and so on.... Once it's made it's circle and back to the first person they take out the letters and start a new one. This will be lots of fun and a great way to make new friends. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Ladies, let me know how your circle letter goes! It sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to join in, but living across the ocean from you all would make it a bit inconvenient with extra postage and waiting time in between. So I'll just wait and see how it goes for you :)

message 16: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes Cordero (mercecordero) | 17 comments That sounds great! Thanks, Amber. I don't live in the US, as Rachel, although I'm a bit closer. So, please, keep us posted on how it goes... maybe even publish here a few snippets?

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Mercedes wrote: "That sounds great! Thanks, Amber. I don't live in the US, as Rachel, although I'm a bit closer. So, please, keep us posted on how it goes... maybe even publish here a few snippets?"

Maybe if this first circle letter is successful we can organise a big world-wide one? :)

message 18: by Leigh Ann (new)

Leigh Ann (auntannie) | 6 comments What a fun idea! Half of my family is Mennonite and they do this. My mother receives a packet of letters about once a year with a letter from each family included. My maternal grandmother was raised Mennonite (though she's not anymore - she divorced my cheating grandfather, but that's another story. lol) She was one of 16 children. My grandmother has passed so now my mother, who is the oldest of 5, is in charge of writing the letter. I don't know half the people mentioned but I keep track in my Family Tree Maker program. I'll be sending my address! Thanks for the idea, Amber!

message 19: by Ida (new)

Ida Davis | 25 comments i want to be your penpal too

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) I plan on sending out the first letter Monday or Tuesday. I am making the list in the same order I receive your address. If you read this after I've sent the letter and want to participate that's great. I can just email the person who currently has the letter and ask them to add your address to the list. :)

message 21: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Circle Letter has been sent. I mailed it this morning. Sorry for the delay. If you have any questions feel free to email me at farmgirl797@att.net. :)

message 22: by Barbara (new)

I can't wait!

message 23: by Kav (new)

Kav | 28 comments This is a great idea! I'd love to be included as well but I'm in Canada. Maybe we could have a circle letter circulating in the states and another circle letter for countries outside the states? Just an idea.

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) I'd be happy to start a circle letter for everyone outside the states. I could send it to someone and you all send it in a circle then if you wanted to once it's made it's circle you could mail it to me and I could add it to our circle letter so we here in the states could read it and vice versa. Once our circle letter in the states has made it's circle I can send it to you all to put in your circle letter. Then no one is left out and we all get to participate?? I don't know just an idea. Let me know. :)

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand If people are happy to send internationally I'd love to join in! I'm in the UK so it would take a week or so to get to and from me as I'm a little bit further away than Canada :)

message 26: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (bluestocking86) | 60 comments I didn't know there was an Amish fiction PenPal group. If there is ever an opening I would love to join.

Jeanine

message 27: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Jeanine, Pleae private message me and I will add you to the list. I just sent out the first letter Saturday. :)

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I'm also in Canada and would love to join in! Let me know what I need to do to participate! :)

message 29: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) | 105 comments I would love to be apart of this. Can someone message me how?

message 30: by Kav (new)

Kav | 28 comments Seems like there's a lot of interest in your penpal idea, Amber. Do you want me to start up the outside-the-U.S. letter? I think there may be four or five of us now. :-)

message 31: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Oh that would be wonderful Kav.... I'm so stinking busy right now. lol I hope after the first of the year things will slow down. I want to be snowed in where all I have to do is read, check the mail and cook. lol Let me know how it goes. Wehn we are done with our first round I would be happt to mail them to you so everyone gets to know everyone. Thanks again.

message 32: by Rachel (last edited Dec 30, 2011 01:06PM) (new)

Rachel Brand I'm excited about this! But far too busy with university to organise an out-of-US list, so be our guest Kav! :)

message 33: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) I just checked the mail and my circle letter was returned :( So sorry ladies. I had written a zip code wrong. My dyslexia again ;) lol So once again I am mailing out our 1st circle letter.

message 34: by Kav (new)

Kav | 28 comments Okay -- if you are interested in participating in the out of U.S. circle letter -- could you email me your address? Or I'll hunt you down! :-) How about we have a goal of me mailing out the first letter early next week?
Looking forward to getting to know everyone better! :-)

message 35: by Barbara (new)

The letter came in the mail yesterday & I'm mailing out tomorrow. Be checking your mail Laura.

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura (lolly-pops) | 92 comments Thanks! I'll be looking for it.

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I would love to be added to the list.

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Amber - I just sent you a pm and would love to be added to the list. This sounds like a fun idea. Thank you for organizing it.

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura (lolly-pops) | 92 comments I received the circle letter today and it will be sent back out on Tuesday (no mail on Monday)

message 40: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alwaysforgive) | 16 comments What if we also did a circle letter but instead of sending it through our mail we do it through email so we can include everyone

message 41: by Alyssa (last edited Dec 30, 2011 12:29PM) (new)

Alyssa (alwaysforgive) | 16 comments What if we also did a circle letter but instead of sending it through our mail we do it through email so we can include everyone

Hey how many people have joined the circle letter?????

message 42: by Janet (new)

Janet | 153 comments If it is not too late I would love to be a part of this.

message 43: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alwaysforgive) | 16 comments Janet wrote: "If it is not too late I would love to be a part of this."

Talk to amber she can tell you what to do or how to join

Hey how many people have joined the circle letter?????"

message 44: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Sorry I haven't been on the computer much. Alyssa I think there are 10 or 12. I don't have my list with me right now. Janet if you want to join please send me a private message with your address. I'll get you added. Whoever has the letter can you please let me know so I can add addresses to it. Thank you.

message 45: by Lorie (new)

I just got the letter yesterday.

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Who has the circle letter? I haven't heard from anyone lately so I thought I'd check and see where it's at. My mother n law has kept me busy this past month. I am so far behind on EVERYTHING. LOL She was supposed to go home yesterday but has decided to stay another 2 weeks. I'm going to clean out a closet and sit in there with a flashlight and book so I can read, read read. I miss it. :( Hope everyone is well.

message 47: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 74 comments Kav is the international circle letter being circulated at the moment? If so can you please add my name to the list as I would love the chance to participate.

message 48: by Amber (new)

Amber (bakerswife10) Who has the Circle Letter so I can make a change please.....

message 49: by Lorie (new)

I sent you a message Amber. I mailed it a couple of days ago.

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I am waiting patiently for it, lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8