Dead Poets Society discussion

Monthly Reads Request area! > What do you want to read in December?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana It'll only be one book next month so choose wisely!

Just post a lot of books so there are many choices. If someone has read a book someone else has posted I'll not make it a choice just because I want everyone to be surprised!

message 2: by Adriana (last edited Nov 16, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

Adriana My picks:
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie The Roar by Emma Clayton Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach

What are your picks?

message 3: by Viv (new)

Viv (a_pocky_box) | 156 comments Mod
I like the selection and I know what I will pick from them :D

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (:

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana You don't have any others you want to add?

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Okay guys. It's almost December post your books so it could be put up on a poll so we all can choose.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Tomorrow the poll will be up then.

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Well I guess there will be two books then.
Not really anyone voted so I guess the option is better. Sorry about the confusion.

The books are:
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley

message 9: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 35 comments Since I'm so new to the group, I didn't put in any suggestions /or vote this time.. but I will try to find Matched at the book store the next time I go so hopefully I can participate :)

message 10: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I found both books at my library so that's why I suggested them. So try there first.

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (macaba76) Okay, I have requested both of these from my library. Do you usually read one before the other or at the same time? And do you divide the books up into sections to be read each week for specific discussion, or do we go at our own pace, and post descussion topics as they come up? Thank you!

message 12: by Adriana (new)

Adriana No one seems to want to divide anything. They just want a big discussion at the end. I'm not sure what to do because it was only two people who suggested it. For now if you do finish reading it there will either already be questions posted up or you can just talk about it on a discussion thread. If you finish just ask and me or Viv will put it up.

message 13: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 35 comments I found Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie at the library today. So I'll be reading that one this month. :)

message 14: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yay!(:
I only have Matched right now.

You can discuss the book as soon as you finish it btw people!

message 15: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 35 comments I know we're supposed to wait til we finish to discuss the books ... but I am *loving* Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie so far!!!
I saw it here on Goodreads as a giveaway last month, but had pretty much ruled it out as too much of a kids' book and something I wouldn't be all that interested in.
The book is reeeeally well written and I LOVE the main character. She's SO spunky!!
Thank you for suggesting it Adriana, I probably would not have read it otherwise. :D

message 16: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I'm so glad! XD
I'm reading Matched right now and really like it so far. Can't wait til I get Sweetness at the bottom of the Pie!!!