Mary Higgins Clark Fans! discussion

INTRODUCTION

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Demetra (new)

Demetra (demi3322) | 1 comments Hello.... I am a young at heart Mother of four Beautiful children: Dariawn 19, Joshua 15, Taylor 13 and a 14 week old Toy Chihuahua Mia (I was lucky to adopt her from a small dog rescue). I too LOVE Mary Higgins Clark and I look forward to chatting about my Girl :)

message 2: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 6 comments Mod
I'm 19 years old and have two kids. :) my son Jacob turns 2 in January, and my daughter Layla is 3. Majoring in Psychology at Saint Leo University. Halfway to my BA degree!

Nice to meet you Demetra. :) I know MHC is a very popular author, so imagine my shock that nobody had yet made a group dedicated to her books! Hope we can get more members. Feel free to invite anyone!

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy F | 2 comments Demetra wrote: "Hello.... I am a young at heart Mother of four Beautiful children: Dariawn 19, Joshua 15, Taylor 13 and a 14 week old Toy Chihuahua Mia (I was lucky to adopt her from a small dog rescue). I too LO..."

Hi I'm Judy and I adore Mary Higgins Clark.

message 4: by Doms (new)

Doms Candels (fatimoir) | 5 comments Hi! I'm Domski. 17 years old and I'm in college taking up Advertising! MHC books always give me chills and I have refrained from reading her books at night! Haha. Looking forward to know everyone!! :)

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 5 comments Hi- I'm Tamara. Past summer began reading MHC for first time and pretty much read the books as fast as I could get my hands on them. I only have a couple of books of hers that I haven't read. I always read before bed and I always realize that's a mistake- but can't stop.

Fav MHC book: Maybe All Around Town or Moonlight Becomes You.

message 6: by Doms (new)

Doms Candels (fatimoir) | 5 comments I can't stop reading her books too!! It sucks when I have to go to school and only can read every after class!! Haha
What is All Around Town about?

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 5 comments All Around Town is about a girl that is kidnapped and returned to her family. She's been raped and terrorized by these hippies for 2 years- and multiple years later it's discovered that Laurie (the kidnapped girl) has multiple personalities (developed after being kidnapped). Laurie is accused of killing a professor, but does not remember it. Her big sis is determined to prove her innocence. Good book!

message 8: by Doms (new)

Doms Candels (fatimoir) | 5 comments OH MY GOD THAT'S THE BOOK I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!! Thank you :)

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 5 comments You're welcome- hope you enjoy the book!

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) Hello, my name is Julie. I've been reading MHC for many years. I can't say I've read them all by any means,but she is one of my favorites. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannondisbell) Hello my name is Shannon i love MHC books i think i have read all of them!

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (bromiegirl) | 3 comments Hi my name is Susan and I am completely new to MHC books. I had read three of them so far, and cant wait to read more :)

message 13: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Duggan (honeybear1981) | 1 comments Hi my name is Kristi. I've been a MHC fan for about 4.5 years. I own several of her books & I've read even more. I hope to one day be able to say I've read them all so I can read them all again :-)

message 14: by Sue (new)

Sue (suerreal) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Sue and have been reading MHC for about 21 years now. I let other things keep me from reading for too long, and am now making up for lost time. Picking up from where I left off, I started w/ Daddy's Little Girl and am now up to I'll Walk Alone.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 2 comments Hi! My name is Amy and I LOVE Mary Higgins Clark books. They are my absolute favorite. I have a copy of every single one she has ever written including the children's book. I reread one a month because they are so good and I always forget who did it. So excited to find a group of people that like her as much as I do!
You ladies with children should look into Ghost Ship for your children!

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hensley (mom0413) | 2 comments Hello, my name is Melissa and I am a 28 year old mother of 2 small children ages 3 and 4. I love MHC books. I am currently working on the book On the Street where you live and I am about 1/2 through it now. I was wondering where everyone is from and what books you have read that are your favorites I am always looking for more of her books and look forward to reading more.

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lockhart | 2 comments Hi everyone my name is Lisa and I just joined this group today. Also I just finished her book REMEMBER ME and I loved it. I haven't read her books in a long time so I am going back and read all of them all over again cause some I don't remember or I haven't read. She is the only author that I really have been interested in because he books are soooo fascinating and I can put myself in the characters shoes. I plan on reading everything and I do mean EVERYTHING that she wrote. If anyone has a suggestion of what to read next please don't hesitate to ask. I look forwardto dscussing her books with everyone sooner or later. Well HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!!!!!

message 18: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 2 comments Hi all! My name is Lucy and I have been reading MHC books as long as I can remember. I was lucky enough to meet her last summer at a book signing. My favorite of her books would be Stillwatch and A Cry in the Night. I look forward to having a place to discuss her wonderful books. :)

message 19: by Caprice (new)

Caprice (murm65) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Caprice and I've been reading MHC since before my kids were born (over 21 years ago). I've read all of her novels and most of her short stories. Once I became a mother, it became a tradition that I would get the latest MHC hardback for Mother's Day - and most years I would lock myself away until I finished it! I LOVE MHC and recommend her to everyone I can. I have trouble thinking of a favorite book of hers. Loves Music Loves To Dance is one of my top.Mary Higgins Clark

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 1 comments Hi! My name is Cassie and I'm actually looking for more books by Mary Higgins Clark and this looked like a good group to join. I've only ever read one of her books all the way through (it was 'Pretend you don't see her') and it was amazing! I've read bits and pieces of some of her other books but none completely through, and I'd really like to read more of her works.

message 21: by Ananyaa (new)

Ananyaa | 2 comments Cassie wrote: "Hi! My name is Cassie and I'm actually looking for more books by Mary Higgins Clark and this looked like a good group to join. I've only ever read one of her books all the way through (it was 'Pret..."
You can try "Daddy's Gone A Hunting" It MHC's latest novel.

message 22: by Vi ~ Inkvotary (new)

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Vi and I´m a huge fan of MHC. Momentarily I´m reading I´ve got you under my skin - and so I thought I join you here.

best wishes
Vi

message 23: by Patricia Riley (new)

Patricia Riley Leyden (patriciarileyleyden) | 5 comments Hi, Vi,

I, too, am a MHC fan! I've written 3 novels of the same genre as hers, and they are available on Kindle and in paperback from Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. They are St. James Place, A Customs Affair, and Fate Chooses. Just type in Patricia Riley Leyden on Amazon.com, and you can read the reviews of readers, if you are interested. Thank you. Pat

message 24: by Patricia Riley (new)

Patricia Riley Leyden (patriciarileyleyden) | 5 comments Cassie wrote: "Hi! My name is Cassie and I'm actually looking for more books by Mary Higgins Clark and this looked like a good group to join. I've only ever read one of her books all the way through (it was 'Pret..."

Hope you will try my books, Cassie, as I have written 3 suspense/thrillers. You can read the reviews on Amazon.com if you type in Patricia Riley Leyden on Amazon. They are St. James Place, A Customs Affair, and Fate Chooses. Thank you! Pat

message 25: by Carolyn (last edited Apr 04, 2015 02:55PM) (new)

Carolyn Dijk | 5 comments Hi. My name is Carolyn Drummond. I love MHC 's books. I own them all and have read them all. I am now attempting to collect them all in hardcover. I have preordered the latest. My own novel is due to be released before Christmas. It is titled "Karma-the force of justice". I cant wait!! Mary planted the seed.

message 26: by Carolyn (last edited Apr 04, 2015 02:55PM) (new)

Carolyn Dijk | 5 comments Hi. My name is Carolyn Drummond. I love MHC 's books. I own them all and have read them all. I am now attempting to collect them all in hardcover. I have preordered the latest. My own novel is due to be released before Christmas. It is titled "Karma-the force of justice". I cant wait!! Mary planted the seed.

message 27: by Patricia Riley (new)

Patricia Riley Leyden (patriciarileyleyden) | 5 comments Congratulations, Carolyn! MHC has inspired so many of us. I would love to read your novel when it is published. Please let me know when it is available, and I will buy it.

message 28: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Dijk | 5 comments Thanks, Patricia. I will let you know when my book is out.

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 1 comments hello I'm Crystal and a new Mary Higgins Clark fan. such fast reads and such thrills. I almost never see it coming

message 30: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (moondancera) | 1 comments Hi, welcome. I am glad you found her. She is the whole reason I love to read. I haven't had a chance too read her new ones yet, but I don't mind discussing about her.

message 31: by Rain (new)

Rain | 2 comments Hi I am Rain, and have been a Mary Higgins Clark fan since 8th grade, I am now 32 and still read and buy her books on paperback.
The first book I read was let me call you sweetheart, LOVED it! I enjoy her books and have enjoyed the collaborations she's done with other writers. I am in love wit the series done with Alafair Burke "Under suspicious series". I still have many more books to read and can't wait!
I am making a list of the books I have read will post asap!!!

message 32: by Eileen (new)

Eileen (eileeninmd) | 1 comments Hi, my name is a Eileen and I am a MHC fan too. I read a few of her books years ago and just started reading her books again! I may have to go back and reread some of her earlier books! I love mysteries and I am an avid reader.

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreal) Hi! I’m Andrea, an avid reader that has somehow never read a MHC book. I just listened to an interview with her and need to read a book. What a fascinating and wonderful woman!

Which would you suggest as the first MHC book to read?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and I can’t wait to chat with all of you about them!

-Andrea

message 34: by Rima (new)

Rima Dhar | 6 comments Hi. I'm Rima. I'm in Pharmaceutical Medical Affairs. Huge fan of MHC. The

message 35: by Rima (new)

Rima Dhar | 6 comments Hi. I'm Rima. I'm in Pharmaceutical Medical Affairs. Huge fan of MHC. The books in which MHC collaborated with Alafair Burke (the "Under Suspicion" Series) are simply superb !

message 36: by Marie (new)

Marie Davidsohn | 1 comments Hi! My name is Marie and I am a Reference Librarian. I have been reading Mary Higgins Clark since I was a teenager. She has always been my favorite author.

message 37: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 8 comments Hi my name is Kellie! I am a huge Mary Higgins Clark fan. I met her twice at book signings.

message 38: by Angie F (new)

Angie F (angiefitzp) | 1 comments Hi, I'm a big fan of Mary Higgins Clark and have read all her books to date including those written with her daughter Carol and those with Alafair Burke. I first discovered her more than 30 years ago when I found a copy of "Stillwatch" on the bookcase of a lady for whom I was babysitting. Wanting a break from French homework I started to read it and I have never looked back since. I own all her books, most of them in hardback and get so excited every time there is a new one released. My all time favourites are
"A Cry In The Night"
"Stillwatch"
"Loves Music, Loves To Dance"
"All Around The Town" and
"Two Little Girls In Blue"

message 39: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 8 comments Hi Angie! I love all her books too I haven’t read Two Little Girls in Blue yet. Or A Cry in the Night. My cousin got me interested in her. She lent me a copy of Where Are the Children? And I got hooked.