TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Nov 16, 2011 02:21PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments from imdb: A group of young adults doing community service get struck by lightning during a storm, and begin to develop superpowers.

Things get complicated real quick. I love this show, one of my favorites.

Anyone else watching?
If not, watch full episodes of the first two seasons on hulu: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=misf...
You won't regret it.

Season 3 is currently airing on E4 on Sunday nights. For those planning on watching it, make sure you watch the 9 minute online short before watching S3: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/misf...

message 2: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 133 comments I'm putting this on my list to watch. First I have to catch up on Downton Abbey

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It's so good, Kelly! And the seasons are short, so it makes catching up easy.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I forgot to say that the US is planning on doing a remake of Misfits. I suggest you watch the original first, because they'll ruin it just like they did with Being Human.

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Is this a BBC show? And wasn't there a show similar to this by the same name here in the 80s? Very short lived but I think it had a Pre-friends Courtny Cox.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments No, it's on E4. The only way to see it in the US is on the links I gave for hulu.

I haven't heard of the 1980s show, called "Misfits of Science", but from what I've just read, it's about the adventures of a team of misfit superheroes who fight crime for a scientific think tank.

The current Misfits characters are more likely to be committing crimes than fighting against them. They are NOT superheroes. They are regular people who've had something extraordinary happen to them.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Good news: Season 3 will be available on hulu any day now. And Misfits has been renewed for Season 4.

message 8: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη I discovered Misfits last year. I watched the first 2 seasons in just a few days and I was hooked.
But the 3rd season was not what I expected. (view spoiler)

message 9: by Jackie (last edited Jan 11, 2012 02:43PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Did you see (view spoiler)?

Same here as far as (view spoiler)
By the end of the season, I was happy with how it turned out.

message 10: by Ειρήνη (last edited Jan 11, 2012 03:08PM) (new)

Ειρήνη Do you mean the minisode? No.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Jackie (last edited Jan 11, 2012 03:35PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Yes, http://www.hulu.com/watch/309079/misf...
You have to login because it's for Mature Audiences.

It explains where Nathan is. I don't know why they just didn't tag it onto the first episode.

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Thanks for the link, Jackie!
Classic, disgustingly hilarious Nathan, lol :D

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Somehow Nathan can pull off the disgusting and still have me liking him.

Your spoiler made me laugh because I really have lost count! lol

message 14: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 46 comments Jackie wrote: "I forgot to say that the US is planning on doing a remake of Misfits. I suggest you watch the original first, because they'll ruin it just like they did with Being Human."

Did anything ever come of the proposed US remake of Misfits?.

As for the the original, I loved the first couple of series but did not enjoy the third series as much.
It definitely suffered from a lack of Nathan!.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments In March this was announced: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s145/mis...
We'll probably see it next year sometime.

The article also says: A fourth series of the UK original will debut on E4 in late 2012, with three new series regulars being introduced to replace departing stars Iwan Rheon (Simon) and Antonia Thomas (Alisha).
You can read about the new cast members here: http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/...

Nathan was such an original character, I found it hard to like Rudy. But he grew on me, with his dual personalities.

message 16: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 46 comments Jackie wrote: "The article also says: A fourth series of the UK original will debut on E4 in late 2012, with three new series regulars being introduced to replace departing stars Iwan Rheon (Simon) and Antonia Thomas (Alisha)."

That clears things up for me. I had thought they were going to replace the full cast Skins style. I wish they were, it only seems to be the characters I actually like that keep getting replaced!.

I did not mind Rudy, it's just that he in no way filled the hole left in the show by Nathan's departure.

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Nathan is sorely missed. His character definitely left a hole that can never be filled. And now with Simon and Alisha going, I don't know how it'll be next season. I like Kelly but I don't like the rocket scientist power.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 69 comments Jackie wrote: "Nathan is sorely missed. His character definitely left a hole that can never be filled. And now with Simon and Alisha going, I don't know how it'll be next season. I like Kelly but I don't like t..."

I agree with you on all of that. I doubt the next season will be any good but I'll give it a chance.

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'll try it too. I didn't think S3 would be good but it was. Maybe not as good as the previous season but worth seeing.

message 20: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments Love love this show! I have to admit, I kind of stalled at the beginning of season 3. Missing you know who!! I do plan to keep with it though.

message 21: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments I have seen this a few times now on tv in repeats. I think maybe it's FX that has picked it up. (The original series, not a remake)

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Really? Very cool. I'll have to try and find it, watch a few favorite episodes.

I don't know if I'll bother with next season, only Curtis will be on it, he was never a favorite of mine. I like him but not enough to hold the show together for me. I can't believe Lauren Socha (Kelly) was let go.

message 23: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments I loved the character Kelly on the show! I think she was having some real life legal issues, but maybe that was just a rumor, not sure.

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't think it was a big deal, she was drunk and cursed out a taxi driver.

I found Misfits on LOGO. That's an odd channel to have it on.

message 25: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 318 comments Ok, glad you got the right channel. I wasn't sure if I was right about FX. I just knew I had seen it somewhere. LOGO is a strange place for it!

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I just did a search for it and found it easily enough, yet another reason to love my DVR.

message 27: by Jackie (last edited Oct 20, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The bad news is Kelly was let go. Lauren Socha had a drunken moment of racial slurs against a cab-driver. They say it had nothing to do with them letting her go, but coincidentally she was let go the very next day. This was a few months ago and I forgot to post it.

The good news is Season 4 premieres on E4 on Oct 28th. US audiences can view it on Hulu.
Is that good news? I'm not sure. With only Curtis and Kelly's BF left from the original cast.

About the remake, all I've heard is that the US remake is to start shooting late this year or early in 2013. So nothing new. Who knows if it's even going to get made or find a broadcaster as none has been found as of yet.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 69 comments I gave up Misfits during season four. There are no original cast members left. It was dull. Ratings plummeted, losing more than a third of season three's UK viewers. They haven't officially announced a fifth, but they are hiring staff in anticipation which doesn't mean anything as it can still be cancelled.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It sucked that Lauren Socha was fired. And I never cared about Curtis one way or the other. Season 4 was OK, but nowhere near up to par with previous season. I kinda hope it does get cancelled.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 69 comments I'd rather it be cancelled, too.