Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Group Challenges Archive > Songsters Winter Quarterly Challenge (Completed)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 17, 2011 06:14AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
DHASG Songsters Winter Quarterly Challenge

Duration: December 22, 2011-March 20, 2012
Description: With this challenge, the goal is to read books that bring to mind a particular song. The book can be the exact title of the song, or have a theme reflected by the song title. Maybe even a character has the same name as the song title. Any way you can connect the song to a book, you can use it. Try to pick existing songs that can relate to bad boy or dangerous heroes. There are three levels to this challenge:

Amateur Songster: You’re a Karaoke Queen/King.
Read 3-4 books representing songs

Sold Out, One Evening Only Songster: Your life is a 5 minute music video.
Read 5-7 books representing songs

World Tour Songster: Your life is a 2 hour musical!
Read 8 and over books representing songs

General Rules:
1. You can only use a particular song and book once.
2. List the song and who sang it, the book and author, and when you completed it. If a song reminds you of a book character, feel free to tell us.
3. Post an updated thread to regularly record your status
4. Your book choices can overlap with any other group challenge as long as you read it within the starting and ending dates of this challenge.
5. Have fun!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 21, 2011 09:00AM) (new)

Suggested Song Titles

This song bank is for all members to use if they are having trouble coming up with songs.

Please feel free to suggest songs if you want to help out your fellow participants, and I'll add them here.

"Soldier" by Destiny's Child
"Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
"Bad Boys" by Miami Sound Machine
"Womanizer" by Britney Spears
"Cry Wolf" by A-ha
"Baby Baby" by Amy Grant
"Love Song for a Vampire" by Annie Lennox
"King of New Orleans" by Better than Ezra
"Kitty Kat" by Beyonce'
"Baby Boy" by Beyonce'
"Animal" by Def Leppard
"Love Bites" by Def Leppard
"Hot-Blooded" by Foreigner
"Crazy on You" by Heart
"Cold as Ice" by Foreigner
"Angel" by Madonna
"Why Do Fools Fall in Love" by Frankie Lyman and the Teenagers
"What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera
"Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran
"Baby Love" by The Supremes
"Every Breath You Take" by The Police
"Here to Stay" by Christina Aguilera/Korn
"Dance, Dance, Dance" by Lykke Li
"Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra
"Secret Love" """"
"Angel Eyes" """"
"Sunshine" """"

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 24, 2012 02:50PM) (new)

Challenge Participant List

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress"--Sold Out, One Evening Only Completed
Megan--Amateur
Julie--Amateur
Wan--World Tour Songster Completed: Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on 3/1/12
Kryptonite--World Tour Songster Completed: Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on 3/1/12

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Completed Participants List

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'm going to give this a try. We'll see.

message 6: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Awww, I love this! I will start out with Amateur, but I think I will probably go higher than that.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 17, 2011 06:06AM) (new)

I'm going to try level two, but we'll see...
I'm glad you're participating, Megan!

message 8: by Julie (last edited Mar 01, 2012 07:01PM) (new)

Julie (jjlakeaz) | 2 comments This will be a fun way to find books! I'm going to start with Amateur.

READ 4/4

1. Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood: Captivated by You, Sherrilyn Kenyon -- Ace sings it to Rhea. READ 12/28/11
2. Photograph by Def Lepard: Spirit Bound, Christine Feehan-- Photo's play a major part in this book. Stefan first see's Judith in photos on LaRoux's prison walls and photos use continues to move the plot thru the entire story. READ 12/30/11
3. Slow Ride by Foghat: Slow Ride, Erin McCarthy READ 2/2/12
4> Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams, Kristen Ashley READ 2/12/12

message 9: by Mirely (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) Ok this one sounds interesting but I'm still on the fence. Hmmm...

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 27 comments Don't know if I'll do this one, but these are the books that come to mind:

Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught Baby Love (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #1) by Catherine Anderson Here to Stay (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #10) by Catherine Anderson

Several titles of:
Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
What a Girl Wants.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Thanks, Lisa Kay!

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 27 comments LOL! I was thinking of Baby Love by the Surpremes, not Regina. LOL! I guess I'm showing my age. ☺

And Here To Stay has been performed by Christina Aguilera and also Korn.

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 27 comments Song: Dance, Dance, Dance by Lykke Li
Book
Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami

Also several books title of Fly Me to the Moon, Angel Eyes, & Sunflower...(song by Frank Sinatra)

Also by Frank, Secret Love

A Secret Love (Cynster, #5) by Stephanie Laurens Secret Love (Arabesque) by Brenda Jackson Secret Love by Bart Schneider

message 14: by Wan (last edited Dec 27, 2011 07:02PM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Ooohh! fun. I'll do 8. I'll post as I go.

1/8

1.Bad Moon Rising by CCR: Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 12/25 (5)
2. Cry Wolf by A-ha: Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
3. Life Is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (CARS) Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy

Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5) by Erin McCarthy

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle's DHASG Winter Songsters Quarterly Challenge
Level: Sold Out, One Evening Only
Update: 12/27/11
Completed: 2/7

1. Black Magic Woman by Santana: Before She Dies by Mary Burton (serial killer preys on woman he believes to be witches) 12/26
2. Femme Fatale by Velvet Underground: Walking The Edge by Zee Monodee (heroine is a femme fatale) 12/27

message 16: by Cindi (last edited Dec 27, 2011 06:22PM) (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Cindi's DHASG Winter Songsters Quarterly Challenge
Level: Amatuer
Began: 12/27/11

1. Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie by Jennifer Crusie @ 12/27/11 - Male lead makes a Mix tape for his new wife, including songs such as She Bop by Cyndi Lauper and several Eric Clapton songs. Ten years after divorcing, female lead falls back in love with her ex after teaching some kids to dance to songs from that mix.
2. Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark, #2) (Harlequin Nocturne, #24) by Michele Hauf relates to Lita Ford's song of the same title.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Glad to see you participating, Wan and Cindi!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jan 03, 2012 11:17AM) (new)

Update: 1/3/11
Completed: 3/7

1. Black Magic Woman by Santana: Before She Dies by Mary Burton (serial killer preys on woman he believes to be witches) 12/26
2. Femme Fatale by Velvet Underground: Walking The Edge by Zee Monodee (heroine is a femme fatale) 12/27
3. Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (werewolves) 1/3

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Update: 1/7/11
Completed: 4/7

3. Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (werewolves) 1/3
4. Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum: Spirit Bound (heroine has the ability to manipulate the spirit element) 1/5

message 20: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments All Done!

8/8

1.Bad Moon Rising by CCR: Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 12/25 (5)
2. Cry Wolf by A-ha: Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs 1/18 (3.5)
3. Life Is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (CARS) Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy 1/9 (4)
4.Rocking Robin by Jackson 5: Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston 1/3 (5)
5.Loosing my Religious by REM: My Immortal by Erin McCarthy 12/29 (4)
6.Highway to Hell by AC/DC: Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione 1/22 (4)
7.Puff the Magic Dragon by PP&M:The Nymph King by Gena Showalter 1/7 (5)
8.RockStar by Nickelback: Devil Without a Cause by Terri Garey 2/3 (2.5)

Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5) by Erin McCarthy Hunting Season (The Gathering #1) by Shelly Laurenston My Immortal (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) by Erin McCarthy Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3) by Gena Showalter Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain #1) by Terri Garey

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Congratulations, Wan! You did an awesome job!!!

message 22: by Kryptonite (last edited Mar 01, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 406 comments FINISHED ! ! !
Read (8/8)

1. Any song from singer Jewel- Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter for book title & singer’s name (Read 12/19/2011)
2. Beauty and the Beast song by Celine Dione- To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt for book title (Read 12/25/11)
3. Princes of the Universe by Queen- Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks b/c song is the theme song of the TV series Highlander and this book is about Highlanders (Read 1/2)
4. Immortal by Adema- Lothaire by Kresley Cole b/c 1. Song title & Lothaire’s immortal and 2. I can see connection b/w the song lyrics and Lothaire’s character (Read 1/11)
5. Killing Me Softly With His Song by Cleo Laine- Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter for book & song title (Read 1/19)
6. I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick- Any Way You Want It by Kathy Love b/c book references this song (Read 1/31)
7. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down- Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep b/c the song is a reminder of Superman and the book is about super heroes & anything super hero reminds me of Superman (Read 1/23)
8. It’s in His Kiss by Aretha Franklin- It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn for book & song title (Read 2/24)

Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2) by Gena Showalter To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3) by Maya Banks Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter Any Way You Want It (New Orleans Vampires, #1) by Kathy Love Karma Girl (Bigtime, #1) by Jennifer Estep It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons #7) by Julia Quinn

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Way to go, Kryptonite!

message 24: by Kryptonite (last edited Mar 06, 2012 04:23PM) (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 406 comments Thanks! I never realized how much a book can have connections with various songs. Now that I thought about it, for a few of these books, their songs were going through my head as I was reading the book. I thought this was going to be a very hard challenge since I don't listen to music that often.

message 25: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Congratulations, Wan! You did an awesome job!!!"

Thanks Lady D.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Kryptonite, I was surprised how easy it was too.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Thanks to everyone who participated!

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Update: 3/23/11 ( I finished before the deadline, just didn't keep track)
Completed: 7/7 DONE!!!

4. Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum: Spirit Bound (heroine has the ability to manipulate the spirit element) 1/5
5. Angel by Madonna: Surrender the Dark by LA Banks 3/1
6. Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Element Zero by James Knapp 2/23
7. You'll Never Find by Lou Rawls: Once Touched, Never Forgotten by Natasha Tate (about a love affair that neither ever got over) 2/18

message 29: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Argh! I completely forgot about this one!

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

You can always go back and pick songs for the ones you read before 3/20. That's fine!