Vampire Book Club discussion

Flesh and Blood (House of Comarré, #2)
This topic is about Flesh and Blood
Book Discussions > Flesh and Blood (Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 76 comments Mod
Because everyone is diving into FLESH AND BLOOD right now (and Carol asked), here is the spoilers thread to talk about this book.

Carol | 9 comments Yay! Okay. I liked the book a lot. Loved the Mal/Chrysabelle interactions. BUT, not so sure I think the introduction of Creek was entirely necessary. I think Mal and Chrysabelle have enough hurdles to overcome without adding a third party. Also, I'm really curious as to what is going to happen with Doc and the fact that his curse is broken as it sounds like those witches might be up to no good.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments Just got to the part where Creek shows up. I don't think I like his character's addition either. Well scratch that, I don't like the fact that his character is obviously interested in Chrysabelle. I think, so far, he's an interesting character but I don't think it's essential, so far, that he be interested in Chrysabelle. I guess I always dread the awful triangle.

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 76 comments Mod
Creek is definitely interesting, but like you guys I don't like him being interested in Chrysabelle (or her attraction to him).

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments Ok, finished reading the book this weekend. I am really liking this seris so far. I too think the inclusion of Creek's interest in Chrysabelle (and vice versa) is not needed. I mean anyone reading can clearly see the relationship between Mal and Chrysabelle. The only reason I can see for the possible love triangle set up was that it finally solidified Mal's feelings for Chrysabelle and by having him see someone else interested in her I think it forced him to start showing more affection towards her. But other than that possibility I don't think it is needed and I hope it will get resolved rather quickly in the next book.

Carol | 9 comments Completely agree, Amy. He's not needed for drama between Mal and Chrysabelle. They have enough between them already!

Also, I think I might have missed something about Mal. Tatiana was talking (or rather thinking in her head) about the noble's "talents". And she said no one could duplicate Mal's. What is his talent? I can't remember, or maybe it isn't known.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments Carol wrote: "Completely agree, Amy. He's not needed for drama between Mal and Chrysabelle. They have enough between them already!

Also, I think I might have missed something about Mal. Tatiana was talking..."

At the time when I read it I was thinking about how he could turn into the "monster" when he was really angry. But now I'm not so sure that would be it. Did the first book ever mention what house Mal was from originally?

Celia (readerbumblebee) | 1 comments I agree with you guys. I think that Creek is a cool character. When Chrysabelle met Creek, she was instantly attracted to him. Chrysabelle and Mal definitely don't need more drama between them.