Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Food Network Addicts?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I am addicted to this channel. I watch it practially every day. I especially love these shows:

Cupcake Wars
Iron Chef America
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
Chopped

Anyone watching The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs? Man, it's stressful. I was really miffed when Robert Irvine got sent home. I think that he should have won over Chiarello. Seriously, what Italian chef can't make good pasta? I think that showed great creativity to make three dishes out of peanuts. He even made peanut hummus. I think that decision was totally political. Irvine didn't fit the image of an Iron Chef in their minds.

Anyway, anyone else share my addiction?

message 2: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 40 comments I do, I do! I LOVE this channel! I watch a smattering of this and that. I consistently watch:

Good Eats with Alton Brown
Challenges
The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs
The Next Food Network Star
The Great Food Truck Race
The Best Thing I Ever Ate

I loved it when Alton Brown brought all the contestants in and said on The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs that the last chef got eliminated because the judges didn't like the consistency of his humus! Yeah, pretty intense.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (ams71) | 1 comments OMG! I thought I was the only one, at least that is the way my teenagers make me feel. Some of my favorites are:
1. Dinner Impossible - Love Robert Irvine, he is very creative.
2. Cupcake wars
3. Challenges
4. Next Food Network Star
5. Next Iron Chef
6. Iron Chef
7. Chopped
8. Good Eats - Alton Brown is so informative.
9. The Great Food Truck Race.

I probably forgot some of my other favorites!

The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs competition is intense. All of the chefs are great chefs and several are my favorites, although I too was sad to see Robert Irvine leave so soon. I feel he proved himself in his Dinner Impossible show. How many people can turn hotdogs into something gourmet!

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 40 comments Yes, Angela, Robert Irvine is the one who was eliminated b/c of the humus! And it wasn't the taste! Love him. I thought he should have won that one, the other chef didn't use the secret ingredient on 1/2 his dish. My one friend quit watching when RI got eliminated, but I'm addicted. These guys are some heavey hitters.

I forgot to list Worst Cooks in America too.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I think we like a lot of the same shows! You girls thought of some that I missed.

I think the whole key to being an Iron Chef is creativity under pressure. Irvine has shown that he has the chops again and again with Dinner Impossible, and also on Restaurant Impossible. He turns some serious dumps around in a few days!

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:47AM) (new)

Have you watched Sweet Genius? I think it's pretty interesting. I tend to miss most or part of every episode.

I lean more towards baking/pastry/sweets-making, so I especially love those shows.

Who's your favorite Food Network personality?
Who's your least favorite?

message 7: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I don't watch the Food Network, but I'm focusing on cooking more, and eating out less, so maybe I'll give it a try.

message 8: by Dahlia (new)

Dahlia DeWinters (dahliadewinters) | 56 comments I love,love,love Sweet Genius.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Michelle, I love watching cooking shows and shows about food. I like it more than cooking, actually. :)

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 40 comments I have Sweet Genius on my TiVo, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It's pretty interesting, Lisa!

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 40 comments GTK, Lady D. I'll have to give it a try. The head judge looked a little weird to me. LOL!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

He is a bit odd!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Food Network as well! I am watching The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs and it is super intense! I was seriously pissed that Irvine was eliminated. He was one of the better chefs but so was his Chef Micheal Chiarello. To be honest I haven't been that impressed with the lady chefs except Alex. Other shows I enjoy are:
Chopped
Any show Alton Brown is on (He is Awesome)
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives
Restaurant Impossible
Any old Sandra Lee shows
Next Food Netowrk Star

On another note if anyone watches the Cooking Channel, check out Bitchin Kitchen- it's a little different but really entertaining and the star of the show Nadia G cooks some really good dishes.