Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Snow White and the Huntsman

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stephanie Anne (new)

Stephanie Anne (annstefani) | 10 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...

I found this trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman in youtube. What do you guys think? Is it worth watching?

btw, I love Charlize Theron!!!

message 2: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments It looks fantastic! I can't wait!
My only complaint is Kristin Stewart....I mean seriously, how is she supposed to be 'fairer' than charlize theron? I also hapen to think she's a terrible actress, but oh well. Charlize plus the hottie from Thor are enough to make me want to see this movie!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I think it looks awesome - how could it not with Chris Hemsworth, swords, horses, romance.... I happen to like Kristin so am okay with that. I think it will be a good and different role for her.

message 4: by Stephanie Anne (new)

Stephanie Anne (annstefani) | 10 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "I think it looks awesome - how could it not with Chris Hemsworth, swords, horses, romance.... I happen to like Kristin so am okay with that. I think it will be a good and different role for her."

I think so too! I've been watching this trailer 10 times already and stalking it in the interwebs..sigh I can't wait.

BTW, regarding the dwarfs, do you think they are or should be in the movie? I've been reading some comments asking where they are.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I've heard that they are, but that they aren't using actual dwarfss or little people but that they will be full size (regular size? i'm so bad at this pc stuff) people. whereas in snow white and the seven dwarfs with lily collins as snow and julia roberts as the evil queen they are using dwarfs

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I think it depends on how far they stray from the fairy tale. If they are only loosely using the title (which is what it appears to be) then maybe they would not fit with this new story. Kind of like the movie Red Riding Hood was FAR different than the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood and it was okay because they obviously were not attempting to do that story.

message 7: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments I think i read somewhere that the actual story Snow White and the Huntsman is not the same as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...supposedly there were no dwarfs at all. I wouldnt know since I've never read it but I did read that in a story about this movie.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth May (elizabethmay) It looks like it has the potential to be a very good film. But I do agree that Kristen seems sort of miscast. Did anyone else notice that she doesn't speak once in the trailer? And she's the titular character!

message 9: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments I agree Elizabeth! I will give it a chance but i'm just not convinced where she is concerned

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments There isn't much talking in the trailer and the Queen is the right one to give the viewer a round idea of the story - which appears to be her quest to destroy. And perfect features combined with evil is not necessarily beautiful. Just some thoughts.

message 11: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 103 comments I was quite surprised by this trailer. It looks good, probably because Kristen Stewart is barely in it at all. :P

The end result could go either way.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments This is the first time I have seen the trailer and I have to admit, it looks really good. I am not a fan of Kristen Stewart either but I do like Charlize Theron.

message 13: by A_Vishous_Fan (new)

A_Vishous_Fan | 2 comments Elise wrote: "It looks fantastic! I can't wait!
My only complaint is Kristin Stewart....I mean seriously, how is she supposed to be 'fairer' than charlize theron? I also hapen to think she's a terrible actress, but oh well. Charlize plus the hottie from Thor are enough to make me want to see this movie!

..."

And that's why I want to see this movie because of Thor. I really don't like Kristen Stewart I have try to give her a chance to like her.but I just can't. Her acting and the way she acts when she's interview really rubs me the wrong way.

message 14: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments Yes Mr. Hemsworth is one tasty little morsel! LOL and charlize is one of my favorite actresses!

Something about the expression on Kristen's face irks me...she always looks so vacant and dull...like her acting...

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Just saw Breaking Dawn...twice. I doubt anyone out there could have done a better job of acting than Kristen did in this one. If someone just doesn't like her...then I suppose they won't agree but I would say, "well done".

message 16: by Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (last edited Nov 18, 2011 02:47PM) (new)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "Just saw Breaking Dawn...twice. I doubt anyone out there could have done a better job of acting than Kristen did in this one. If someone just doesn't like her...then I suppose they won't agree bu..."

I agree with you, Terry.

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) I'm going to se e it tonight.

I just saw the Snow White trailer -and looks good :)I was I'm reading the book next week... finally!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments For anyone who is going to see Breaking Dawn, be sure to stay through the credits - there is a bit more after them.

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) Thanks Terry!!

message 20: by Ladymcbeth (new)

Ladymcbeth | 53 comments the evil queen is great ^^

message 21: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (romantasygirl) | 20 comments Stephanie Anne wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...

I found this trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman in youtube. What do you guys think? Is it worth watching?

btw, I love ..."

Looks really interesting! Are they doing all the fairy tales all over again as fantasy movies now? First red riding hood and now snowwhite...

As far as Kristin Steward is concerned - well, I can't tell if she's convincing enough for this role because I didn't see one single movie of the Twilight series. I just don't like vampires, neither in books nor in movies, that's why...

We will just have to wait and see. But Chris Hemsworth as the hunter looks pretty hot, don't you think?

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Dermott (shannondermott) Kristen, Billy Burke and the actress that played the mom were all very good in Breaking Dawn.

I think this Snow White movie is going to be good.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Chris Hemsworth always looks hot!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) I just saw the preview for this last night when I went to see Breaking Dawn! It looked feckn awesome....Chris Hemsworth is delicious!

message 25: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Ennis (goodreadscomyahoo_pam) | 54 comments I to am not a kristen stewart fan and can hardly see her as snow white.... I would still probably watch the movie tho....

message 26: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 1 comments Definitely going to watch it. It looks good, and chris hemsworth is nice too look at :)

message 27: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments Well we all seem to agree that Chris Hemsworth is hot...LOL!

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ayeestrella) | 41 comments I do not see why Kristen was chosen to play snow white and I am not a big fan of her acting. I think Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna will def make up for it- I love the movie trailer just due to how great she makes them with her acting! (especially the scene where she asks the mirror who was the fairest...I am very excited to see it)

Also, I really liked the special effects that I have seen so far. Huh... I am very surprised Chris Hemsworth is in this movie too..yummy.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I think this movie is going to be a far far removed version of Snow White. Which is fine withe me - I love knights and swords and horses.....

message 30: by Stephanie Anne (new)

Stephanie Anne (annstefani) | 10 comments From what I have seen from this trailer, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth fit their roles very well. So, for me IMHO, 2 out of 4(?)-is the prince included?- of the central characters has shown me something to be excited about.

I am still on the lookout regarding Kristen's performance for this movie. I'm hopeful and excited to see what the upcoming trailers will show us.

Oh yeah, about the prince, what do you make of him? I'm curious, since Snow White is out training for war. What is his role here?(besides being "the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power" and kissing her awake).

Did I just answer my question?? xD

message 31: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "I think it looks awesome - how could it not with Chris Hemsworth, swords, horses, romance.... I happen to like Kristin so am okay with that. I think it will be a good and different role for her."

I can't wait to see Snow White too.

Did you see the trailer for Hunger Games? OMG, it looked really good too!

message 32: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 117 comments I just watched the trailer and Charlize looks great. I would watch it for her performance. I'm not a big fan of Kristen.

message 33: by KK (new)

KK (kk567) | 20 comments I saw the preview while watching Breaking Dawn. It looked really good.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments The actor who plays the prince was in Pillars of the Earth and I liked him in that. So I am okay with all of them - just wish it wasn't so far off.

message 35: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments I love how its a total different tale rather than the usual "my prince will save me" kind. There are battles and an Elizabeth Bathory type Queen consuming youth and beauty; what can be better than that? I think Kristen will do a good job, the director didn't pick her just because she was Bella; obviously she has talent. Plus hottie alert Chris Hemsworth is in it and Charlize Theron. Its gonna be awesome!

P.S. Just to point out for the kristen haters - Snow White was the fairest of them all not only because she was beautiful, but because she was kind and good, unlike the Queen who was selfish and evil.

message 36: by Frankie (new)

Frankie | 4 comments Courtney wrote: "I love how its a total different tale rather than the usual "my prince will save me" kind. There are battles and an Elizabeth Bathory type Queen consuming youth and beauty; what can be better than ..."

Thank god, somebody is sticking up for Kristen!!!

Can someone please tell me why/how she's managed to garner such hatred from people?

message 37: by Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (last edited Nov 26, 2011 01:19PM) (new)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments A friend and I were discussing this today (Kristen and those who seem to hate her). One thing we could come up with is that when a beloved book is made to a movie and a main character is cast that does not match a reader's mental image they tend to really dislike the actor/actress. Maybe just some people's taste? We don't all like the same actors and actresses - or the same books for that matter. But I fail to see a reason for the vitriol towards her. If they don't like her personality in real life for some reason, that has nothing to do with her as an actress. And great point, Courtney about being fairest of them all.

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments Thanks Frankie and Terry, excellent points!!!

I know this is a Snow White page but this needs to be said.....Kristen is actually a great actress, if you see her independent films like Cake Eaters or Welcome to the Rileys, she is actually pretty good. The way she portrays Bella - boring and weird facial expressions - is how Bella is described in the book, boring and awkward, duh! I don't like how people criticize Kristen as a terrible Bella when I think, as a twilight fan, that she has the acting down for the character, especially in Breaking Dawn. I am a fan of her work because she dives deep into the character she portrays to bring them to life, example - Joan Jett, she cut off her hair because she is dedicated to her work. She is serious and dedicated to her work, which is something I rather see than a dumb actress getting pulled over for too much partying. I believe she will be a great Snow White and I am excited to see her future work.

Sorry for venting, I just don't like how people talk bad about actors because they don't fit the decripition in their minds of perfection, rather than see the talent. Again Sorry.

Snow White and The Huntsman is going to ROCK!!! :)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Great points, Courtney, about Bella. She is not a bright shining heroine in the books - she is a social introvert, unsure of herself, and the only thing in life she is sure of is her irrational (to some) love for Edward. She bites her lip (read how many times Edward comments on that in Midnight Sun) and has nervous habits.

message 40: by Robin (new)

Robin Courtney wrote: "Thanks Frankie and Terry, excellent points!!!

I know this is a Snow White page but this needs to be said.....Kristen is actually a great actress, if you see her independent films like Cake Eate..."

Can't Wait great cast Did you see the runaways?

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments Robin wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Thanks Frankie and Terry, excellent points!!!

I know this is a Snow White page but this needs to be said.....Kristen is actually a great actress, if you see her independent films..."

Yes, it was good :)

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "Great points, Courtney, about Bella. She is not a bright shining heroine in the books - she is a social introvert, unsure of herself, and the only thing in life she is sure of is her irrational (t..."

Thank You Terry, finally someone sees it lol I also read Midnight Sun on SM's website too, I hope she releases the complete book soon :)

message 43: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments I for one never used the word "hate" and don't see where anyone else did, quite frankly. My complaint with Kristen is that her acting is horrible. Never read one Twilight book so I have nothing to go off of in regards to Bella. I had no idea who Bella was going into the first film and still found her acting disappointing. That whole wide-eyed, dear in the headlights, mouth hanging open thing is overdone and irritating. Don't know the girl personally so could never say I don't like her as a person. As far as acting goes, I'm just impressed and for 10 bucks a movie ticket, I refuse to settle for mediocrity.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments But if one does not understand how the character is supposed to be portrayed, how does one know whether or not the actor or actress does it correctly?

And no one on here used the word "hate" - but it has been said.

message 45: by Robin (new)

Robin Courtney wrote: "Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "Great points, Courtney, about Bella. She is not a bright shining heroine in the books - she is a social introvert, unsure of herself, and the only thing i..."

Me too:)
Plus Why doesn't anyone comment on Robert Pattersons acting I think they are actors
If they go beyond twilight it just show diversity
Did you see in the land of Women? so good

message 46: by Elise (new)

Elise Marion (elise_marion) | 10 comments Terry, I can see your point and admit it's a good one. However, that does not mean someone cannot spot bad acting. To me it's just not convincing or believeable. And Robin, I happen to feel the same way about Robert Pattinson.

I will say that since I have only seen her in Twilight movies I am willing to be open-minded about Snow White. I hope to not be disappointed because it looks like a great film. It is kind of hard to see how she'll perform, though, when they don't even have her talking in the trailer.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I am not a fan of Rob Patz and really was disappointed that he played Edward. I had read the books more times than I can count (starting in 2007) before the movie was cast so had a pretty serious "book impression" of the characters long before the movies. He kind of killed my book Edward. My biggest problem with "book to movie" productions is that the casting of the movie can really enhance or actually ruin re-reads of the book. But they can't cast a movie to fit all of our individual mental images. I have learned from Twilight though that I will not go see a movie that I know is going to "kill" my favorite character - books are more important than movies to me. And I know we are very off topic.

message 48: by Robin (new)

Robin Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "I am not a fan of Rob Patz and really was disappointed that he played Edward. I had read the books more times than I can count (starting in 2007) before the movie was cast so had a pretty serious ..."

Understand your point. I thought about tooI just think it is left in the playwright and directors hands and they are trying to convey whatever their investors want for large groups appeal. Sometimes scens are cut and the interpretation are different than mine.
I thought it was good not great but I will most likely see it again. I will see the next I just can't help myself

message 49: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments I know we are wayyyyy off the topic of Snow White, but I think - to reply to Terry and Robin about casting - Alice and Leah are the only characters I imagined to look like what they are in the movies while reading the books a few years before casting, with the exception of Alice always changing her hair; I think the Twilight (Movie one) Alice look was the best. And I am not a huge Robert fan either but you got to admit, he pulls off the American accent very well and I think Breaking Dawn is his best look yet, no crazy hair lol

Anyways, back to Snow White, I just saw the trailer for the, ehehem ***cough cough*** fifteenth time lol and I noticed a big troll thing infront of Snow, that will be an interesting twist, plus I think Charelize will be an awesome evil queen, she reminds me of Elizabeth Bathory with the whole "Beauty is my Power" thing. It's gonna rock! :)

message 50: by Karice (last edited Dec 02, 2011 10:14PM) (new)

Karice Bolton | 1 comments I think this version is going to be great! I think it will be better than the other version that is coming out or at least completely different - so that will be cool to compare to. I think C.T. will rock it as the Queen and K.S. will do fab too!

« previous 1