Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > What's your dream vacation?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I know some of us have traveled a lot, and some haven't. What's your ideal/dream vacation? Anything you would like to do or go in your freetime.

message 2: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments I would love to go back to Maui one day, maybe spend a month this time. I would also love to travel abroad.

A.M.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Nov 16, 2011 06:37AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I'd like to spend at least a month in the United Kingdom. I'd also like to visit the Hawaiian islands, Italy, France.

I would like to go to see the Antarctic and the Arctic, and live in Alaska for six months. And I would love to sail down the Amazon River and go to the various game preserves and natural areas in Africa to see the animals. Also to stand at the very southermost tip of Argentina (Tierra Del Fuego).

Oh, and visit Canada and Montana.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 40 comments I wouldn't mind doing an around the world tour, especially if I could go with someone I'm really close to.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Ireland first and then Scotland...oh yes
Kenya,Nigeria and other places in Africa.

A month with Kev in Barbados he really loves it there,my family loves him and he loves them and their food lol
Upper Canada,lower Canada,some parts of the US
Thailand heck all over!

message 6: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) I love to travel, and I'm with Lisa. Around the world would do me just fine! A couple of years ago I looked into a cruise around the world. It's awfully expensive, but I would sure like to do it. It would be wonderful to stop at all those different ports, but I'd want to stay longer than just a day.

My ideal vacation would be to spend about 1-3 months in a country and soak up the culture and food. I did that once--spent three months in France. Loved it!

I would like to do it again. My short list for a trip like that includes just about anywhere in Western Europe, Ecuador, Panama, or Belize...oh, and if there's water nearby, even better. I never get tired of the beach.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I agree with you about spending at least a month in a country. You have to do that to really get to know it. If I go to the UK, I'm going for at least three weeks!

I would like to take a cruise to Antarctica. You really can do it.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Nov 16, 2011 10:41AM) (new)

I forgot Russia. I would love to go there, esp Siberia. It would be kind of scary, but exhilarating!

message 9: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments My husband and I used to take short weekend getaways to SC. But since he started his own business ten years ago its gotten harder for him to just take a few days off. I would love to just get in car and go for three day weekend somewhere, anywhere, now that the kids are gone it's the perfect time.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

AM, I would love to drive around the US. We have done road trips, and there are some fascinating places you can visit without ever leaving the country.

If I could, I would do a Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives road trip and try to visit most of the places they featured on the show.

message 11: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Traveling by train is also good way to see the country, just don't sit next to the bathrooms. I took the train from Ga to NY and back again one summer.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

My sister and I talked about taking the train into Vancouver, BC.

message 13: by A.M. (new)

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Thanks, AM. *Hugs!* Maybe I can do this for sis and I as a belated 40th birthday present for her.

message 15: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Carpe diem.

And you're welcome,

message 16: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Antarctica would be awesome, but it's a pricey trip, too.

I agree with you guys about traveling by train. I would like to do that more. I went to Canada by train from NY this summer. AmTrak has preset train vacations you can take around the country, and the prices aren't bad.

message 17: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
My dream vacation would probably be going to Greece. I'd love to see the Parthenon in person.

message 18: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Or, my dream vacation would be a "stay-cation" where I could just read, relax, or do anything else I feel like doing, when I feel like doing it, for two weeks straight.

message 19: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Oh, yes, Greece, and a visit to Santorini to see the white houses. Sigh.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Good to know about AmTrak, Delaney. I'll check into that. I wouldn't mind visiting Greece, but probably in the winter.

message 21: by Theodora (new)

Theodora Taylor (theodorat) I'm with Lisa and would love to travel around the world. But most of all, my dream vacation is a really long one. I would love to do a whole summer some place I've never been before like Alaska or Italy. I love the thought of really getting to know a place, then leaving.

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (Joycee) | 103 comments I use to keep a list of places I wanted to go it includes The Carnary Island, Tahati, New Zealand, Greece. I like the idea of taking a train across USA/Canada, and doing a Diners, Drive-in and Dives tour.

message 23: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Dee, I want to visit one of the hotels in Tahiti where the rooms are on wooden planks over the water. I see the images so much in magazines and online I'm convinced I must go there to experience it in person.

http://www.destination360.com/austral...

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I actually have two dream vacations, One to go back to Ireland to see my aunts and the other to go to South Africa to where my Dad was born.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

fiji, south africa, and japan. i've seen a good bitof the carribean and europe it's time to hit the other continents.