Lush Library discussion

11/22/63
This topic is about 11/22/63
Read with me > Stephen King's new book 11/22/63 - who's in?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
This thread is for discussions of Stephen King's new book:)

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
Are you starting right away?

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Nov 18, 2011 08:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
It starts off at quite a pace, I think. I'm used to waiting a few chapters for things to really get going with Stephen King (especially his longer books...), but this seems to get to the (initial) point really rather quickly. Oh, and I love that the Plymouth Fury he picks out *could* be Christine.

So far, so good, then!

Sam wrote: "Are you starting right away?"

I've put it on my kindle and started today but anyone can join in whenever you get a copy:) Hopefully there will be a few of us.

message 5: by Jo (last edited Nov 20, 2011 01:28PM) (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
What do you all think of it so far - would you recommend reading it?

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
Jo wrote: "What do you all think of it so far - would you recommend reading it?"

I'm really enjoying it so far. I loved the references to a couple of his other books, and I think he deals with a pretty complex premise really well. There's more to it than just the Kennedy plot, too -- I think it's definetly a book where you come to know, and care about, a lot of the characters before the main action even really begins. I'm not quite half-way through yet, but I'm already struggling to put it down :)

Becky McWilliams Guinness  (billiesue) I'm currently reading it and it was extremely easy to get into! I'm loving it.

I really wish I had voted to for this instead - I was enjoying it but I'm over 100 pages in Under the Dome by Stephen King and I'm making myself read it. 11/22/63 gripped me straight away.

Karen  | 120 comments Hell, having read it in tree book, I've bought it in the e-book form! It's such a gripping read, and makes for such an interesting premise....