Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #12; The Dacians, #1)
This topic is about Shadow's Claim
Paranormal Romance > Kresley Cole's *new* series!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (last edited Oct 26, 2012 05:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments The Realm of Blood and Mist, Cole's paperback spin-off series of the IAD that follows the Dacians (those thought-to-be-mythic vampires). Book 1 is called SHADOW'S CLAIM Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole

I'm so verklempt right now! Talk amongst yourselves ;^)

message 2: by Lisa M (new) - added it

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments LOL! Thanks for the heads up!

Kate (ficthoughts) | 77 comments Oohhh... I'm excited! IAD is one of my favourite PRN series.

Komal | 162 comments OH MAN! thanks for the info! I was wondering what was going to happen after Lothaire's book since it's supposed to be the end of the series. Now I know :)

message 6: by Stephanie Anne (new)

Stephanie Anne (annstefani) | 10 comments Komal wrote: "OH MAN! thanks for the info! I was wondering what was going to happen after Lothaire's book since it's supposed to be the end of the series. Now I know :)"

WHAT?! I didn't know it was the last book in the series T.T what about the other valkyries?

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments I think she has said that she will continue the IAD series since then. She still has to write Furie and Kristoff's book, so Lothaire shouldn't be the last book by far.

message 8: by PNR lover (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

PNR  lover | 430 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think she has said that she will continue the IAD series since then. She still has to write Furie and Kristoff's book, so Lothaire shouldn't be the last book by far."

OMG, thank god you said she was still going to continue !!!

I nearly got all my black cloths to go into mourning!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments Me too, BJS! From what I remember, Cole has fallen in love with some of the side characters that she's introduced. I know that she needs to write Melanthe and Thronos' story too.

PNR  lover | 430 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Me too, BJS! From what I remember, Cole has fallen in love with some of the side characters that she's introduced. I know that she needs to write Melanthe and Thronos' story too."

And Nix's she must have a book surely

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments Oh, definitely! I forgot her for a second. (don't shoot me!)

message 12: by Komal (last edited Nov 16, 2011 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Komal | 162 comments I thought Cole said she would put who ever was left (Nix, etc) in the spin off series but I was confused why she would do that when these characters were the main characters. Good thing that's not the case...it would be too confusing.
On another note, Lothaire in January + new spin off series = can't wait!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments I hadn't heard that, but maybe so. I would imagine that Nix will be part of the IAD series. Might be worth asking on Facebook...

message 14: by Melanie (last edited Nov 16, 2011 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie | 5 comments Cole is one of my all time fav authors - I'm stoked about her new 'The Realm of Blood and Mist' series. Wasn't it rumored Lothaire "the enemy of old" was supposed to Dacian himself??

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments I just asked about it on Facebook. We'll see...

message 17: by Missyb (new) - added it

Missyb | 493 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think Lothaire is Dacian."

That would be a good tie in, or cross over to introduce the series. Plus it would explain Lothaire, but then again so could his book. The new series looks interesting.

message 18: by Missyb (new) - added it

Missyb | 493 comments Mary wrote: "Sorry if I'm duplicating anyone else! K.C. is publishing an excerpt from Lothaire on Nov 22!!

http://kresleycole.com/books/lothaire...

:)"

as part of the eBook of "The Warlord Wants Forever".

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments I am soooo tempted to buy the The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole just so I can read the chapter long excerpt of Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole in it, even though I already have the free version of it!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bookbound) | 8 comments So excited for her new series. The only negative is that she will have less time to focus on her IAD series, and as it is, she is only coming out with one book a year.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 407 comments Its at the end of the paperback copy of Lothaire.

Lavender | 10 comments Lothaire becomes the king of the Dacians.

Saucyminx | 2 comments Where can I read the excerpt online!? I'd buy it if I could! I already have the digital version of Lothaire so I won't be buying the paperback just for an excerpt :o(

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I for one am really excited! The cover looks awesome!

message 25: by Dianne (new) - added it

Dianne Kurucz (jadzea) | 34 comments Well were getting close release. Nov 27 ?

Saucyminx | 2 comments I just read that the date was changed to mid December *cries*

message 27: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
NOv. 27, not mid Dec. at least according to Amazon

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

http://kresleycole.com/downloads/Kres...

:D I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments Read the excerpt, and I'm super excited for this! Only about 9 more days!

Sahara (reviewerofallthingsromantic) | 12 comments anyone get their copy yet

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Karen wrote: "anyone get their copy yet"

My friend Tai got it & read it this sunday :( I have to wait for it to download tonight to my kindle app smh

Sahara (reviewerofallthingsromantic) | 12 comments what time does it come out for you....also i'm surprised bc kc fans are unusually quite around here even on her website

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments It's usually around 3am EST

Sahara (reviewerofallthingsromantic) | 12 comments are u going to stay up for it

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Yes I usually do :)

message 36: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda Tanya wrote: "OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

:D I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is this book just one in a series?

message 37: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda Lynda wrote: "Tanya wrote: "OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

Is this book just one in a..."

sorry, hit send to quick.... if it is a series do you recommend I read book 1 first?

message 38: by Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (last edited Dec 03, 2012 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Lynda wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Tanya wrote: "OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

Is this book..."

It's a new series this book is the 1st book. It was just average though *sobs* I can't really recommend this book unless you are already a Kresley Cole fan :(

message 39: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda Tanya wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Tanya wrote: "OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

:D I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"..."

Oh really? oh well... I have so much to read anyway. Just started The Empress' New Clothes it is an AWESOME series. I would recommend reading it. This is the first book :-)

message 40: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 62 comments yay! thanks for the head's up:)

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Lynda wrote: "Oh really? oh well... I have so much to read anyway. Just started The Empress' New Clothes it is an AWESOME series. I would recommend reading it. This is the first book :-) ..."

yes I love the Trek Mi Q'an series it's very good :D

message 42: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda Did you read all of them? I am only on book 2 so far and am hooked. Are there other books similar that you have read, by chance?

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Lynda wrote: "Did you read all of them? I am only on book 2 so far and am hooked. Are there other books similar that you have read, by chance?"

No one is quite like Jaid Black ;^)

Lately I've been reading Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the kindred series it's awesome! Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson is only 99 cents right now & the rest of the series is only $2.99. I do like Laurann Dohner's New species & Zorn Warriors series. Kaitlyn O'connor's cyborg series is good too

message 44: by Shireen (new) - added it

Shireen Nemnich (snemnich) | 19 comments Tanya wrote: "OMG OMG OMG here's a taste ladies:

Thanks for the link! Already loving it!

message 45: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 62 comments The link... Thank you sincerely:)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Tanya wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Did you read all of them? I am only on book 2 so far and am hooked. Are there other books similar that you have read, by chance?"

Lately I've be..."

Brides of the Kindred are fantastic and so reasonable - I think she should charge more as all her stories are epics.

message 47: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda S.J. wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Did you read all of them? I am only on book 2 so far and am hooked. Are there other books similar that you have read, by chance?"

..."

Hmmm.. Brides of the Kindred, I have to look at that series as well. I am now on book #3 in the Jaid Black series...How utterly futuristic these books are.

message 48: by Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books (last edited Dec 04, 2012 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books (pronetocrushes) | 11 comments Just finished Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole , Trehan is definitely one of my favorites vampires!!

message 49: by Lynda (new) - added it

Lynda I am still reading Jaid Black series, when done I am going to start on Kresley Cole series. Everyone here says the books are awesome!.. cannot wait...

message 50: by E.J. (new)

E.J. Mellow | 15 comments This is my first time reading a Kresley Cole book. ( I know I can hear everyone's gasps as I write this). Would you guys suggest I read others first or can I start with this one?

It was suggested by a friend and I've already bought it. I know it's the first in a new series, but are there characters that carry over from others? After reading some of the posts above it sounds like there might be....

Any help I'm thankful for! :)

« previous 1