Manga Book Club discussion

Sci-Fi > Future Diary

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
We are reading Future Diary for our November BOM!

Come here to share thoughts, feelings, and general impressions of the series

message 2: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (last edited Dec 06, 2011 06:21AM) (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 375 comments Mod
Okay so I'm a week late on this. Haha! But it took me a while to gather the books and then to start reading them. I just finished volume 6 last night.

The series started out pretty strong and I was really into it and thought it was going to be great. But the 4th volume was ugh... I felt like I was reading Death Note (which I'm not a big fan of like the rest of the world is). Yuno was a little bit too much like Light/L/Near in the way she just knew EVERYTHING even if she wasn't consulting her diary... plus the fact that she's a complete psycho like Light.

However, it picked back up in volume 5 and was completely exciting and I was on the edge of my seat. So perhaps volume 4 was the "bump in the road." I can only hope.

What's interesting to me is even though Yuno is completely insane and scary... they have a hard time surviving anything without her crazy. I have mixed feelings about this... on one hand, it makes things too easy for them. It's almost like *sarcastic* "Don't worry, as long as psycho pants Yuno is there you'll be fine because she'll kill anybody who gets in the way" and on the other hand it's like "Wow, they're lucky psycho pants Yuno is there to kick some ass for them! Go Yuno....even though you're terrifying!"

I was filled with little hearts when Yukiteru's friends said they would help him ♥ It was so sweet!

Throw that all together, and I am enjoying the series. Sometimes I get a bit confused on who is who when it comes to the diary holders because it's been a while since I read some of the first few volumes, but that's my fault. And sometimes the storyline confuses me but I like the artwork and I think the story is creative and well thought out.

I know I'll never know how it ends since the last two volumes won't be published in the US (*tear*) but I can only hope that in the end, Yukiteru will kill Yuno. That would be the best ending ever!

message 3: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

psycho pants! that was funny!

message 4: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

Haha! I'm glad you liked it!

message 5: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

So, I just finished reading the last two volumes of Future Diary (thankfully the translation wasn't too bad on the scanlation) and I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. It didn't end at all like I was hoping for. But of course, I should have known it would have been happy (at least in some way?)

I'm just baffled as to how Yukiteru can love Yuno with everything that happened between them.... glad to know that at least in fiction, even psychos can be loved by morons.

Needless to say, I'm excited for the anime. At least Minene will make it all worth it :-p

message 6: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

I think in real life too, pyschos find love, more often than not, in idiots.

message 7: by Miss Ryoko, Supreme Overlord ;) (new)

XD