Pottermore discussion

Harry Potter > What movie do you like least?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) What movie do you like that least? I know some like to say that they like all of them the same, but come on. You have to have a favourite and one that you don't really prefer. So what is it?
For me, my favourite would be Deathly Hallows Part 2 and my least favourite would be The Chamber of Secrets.
Anyone?

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

I've seen them all a million times (except the last one, need to buy it), so it's pretty hard to choose a favorite.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (eblanc) | 8 comments My favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2. Loved Snape's tale.

The one I didn't like was Order of the Phoenix.

I felt they could have done so much more with that book, and the film simply lacked depth and the scenes were kinda rushed. They also ruined one of my favorite scened, the one with Snape and the Marauders.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Danzer | 1 comments The Order of the Phoenix. it is the only movie I was truly disappointed in. So much more could have been done with that movie since it came from the largest book of the series. I was enraged when I heard the director had decided to make the shortest movie from the longest book. I could have been WAY better.

My favorite? Every other Harry Potter movie. I love the marathons or having one of my own.

message 5: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Michelle wrote: "My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

I've seen them all a million times (except the last one, need to buy..."

I love 6 & 8! They were so dark, loved them! The first one wouldn't be one of my favourites per say, as it had the start off somewhere. It was kinda timid, but got better! :)

message 6: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Elizabeth wrote: "My favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2. Loved Snape's tale.

I felt they could have done so much more with that book, and the film simply lacke..."

Agreed. Part 2 was EPIC! It ended differently, but they had to make it more dramatic. I was really hyped up for Snape's tale, but they cut so much out of it! Grr!

Order of the Phoenix was a major disappointment. The book was so in-depth and the movie just didn't cut it. They cut so many parts!

message 7: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Erin wrote: "The Order of the Phoenix. it is the only movie I was truly disappointed in. So much more could have been done with that movie since it came from the largest book of the series. I was enraged when I..."

So true. Order of the Phoenix was a great book. It was the longest and so descriptive, I expected more from the movie. It could have been split into 2 movies, but that would just drag. It would have been neat though!

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Yeah I have nothing against the first one really, it's just when it comes to which ones I'd watch more that one tends to be last.

message 9: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Michelle wrote: "Yeah I have nothing against the first one really, it's just when it comes to which ones I'd watch more that one tends to be last."

i like all of them !!

message 10: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

I've seen them all a million times (except the last..."

almost 4 5 6 7 are dark

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Bryanna wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "My favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2. Loved Snape's tale.

I felt they could have done so much more with that book, and the fil..."

I know! I wish they had left in more about Severus, he's been my favorite character since the first book.

message 12: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments oh

message 13: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Michelle wrote: "Yeah I have nothing against the first one really, it's just when it comes to which ones I'd watch more that one tends to be last."

Same, it's more dark and has more action compared to most of the others.

message 14: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

I've seen them all a million time..."

Yeah, they changed producers in the forth movie, so it started to get darker. I like the last one the most. It has more action and is really dark.

Although, I didn't like the ending. They should have just ended it with the three of them staring off into the distance. I didn't like how they aged them, it didn't look real and it didn't really seem like a proper ending.

message 15: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Michelle wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "My favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2. Loved Snape's tale.

I felt they could have done so much more with that b..."

Yeah! In the last book when Harry discovers all his memories, they should have added more that made him look better and give a better understanding of what he did and why. They did an okay job of it, but they should have added more. Snape's an under appreciated character.

message 16: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

I've seen them a..."

The Epilogue could have been a lot better. The only part I liked was when Harry was talking to Albus. I thought Dan looked the best out of the Trio and Ginny for sure. He actually looked like he could be a father. Bonnie looked pretty good too. Rupert and Emma not so much.

Anyway, my favourites are DH Part 2 and HBP. My least is probably OOTP or CS.

message 17: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Becca wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My favorite would probably be either Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Part 2. My least favorite would be Sorcerer's Stone.

..."

Honestly, how they named their kids, that's beyond me. They're perfectly good names, but you know........

The epilogue should have been left out, it would have been a great happy ending without it.

How they aged the crew, ugh. Dan looked okay, how he was aged in his upcoming movie looked better (The Woman in Black), but the rest of crew looked too awkward.

message 18: by Gaille (new)

Gaille (melliag) My favorite is the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I really like the animation of the The Tale of Three Brothers. I didn't expect it, probably why I like it so much.

I was very disappointed with Order of the Phoenix. It's my favorite book and had high hopes for it. But my least favorite is actually the Half-Blood Prince.

message 19: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Gaille wrote: "My favorite is the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I really like the animation of the The Tale of Three Brothers. I didn't expect it, probably why I like it so much.

I was very disappointed with Order of ..."

same!!!!!

message 20: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) If anyone checks out the listopia here and go to "the book was better than the movie" list, you'll see that all the Potter books are there and the Twilight ones too! Like, does anyone like the movie better than the book?!?!?

message 21: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "If anyone checks out the listopia here and go to "the book was better than the movie" list, you'll see that all the Potter books are there and the Twilight ones too! Like, does anyone like the movi..."

I dont like movies (books are better)

message 22: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "If anyone checks out the listopia here and go to "the book was better than the movie" list, you'll see that all the Potter books are there and the Twilight ones too! Like, does anyo..."

Most of the time, the books are better. There is more detail and in the movies, a lot of the good scenes are cut out. But, on the odd occassion, the movies can be better.

message 23: by Coletta (new)

Coletta Fuller | 2 comments Gaille wrote: "My favorite is the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I really like the animation of the The Tale of Three Brothers. I didn't expect it, probably why I like it so much.

I was very disappointed with Order of ..."

Exactly!!

message 24: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes of wedding/honeymoon and 50 minutes of painful childbirth.

I'm sorry twihards, but it should have been one movie.

All hands in favour?

message 25: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes of wedding/honeymoon and 50 minutes of painful child..."

i did not read or watch twilight

message 26: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes of wedding/honeymoon and 50 minute..."

Oh Gosh, don't even. I don't want to discourage you from it, I'm just saying that the latest movie SUCKS! The books are so much better.

message 27: by Braden (new)

Braden (dcboy) My Fav is Deathly Hallows Part 2
My Least Favorite is 1 or 2 or 5

message 28: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes of wedding/honeym..."

Ah !! u r not the only one i have got my cousin,2 librarians and about a dozen more people saying thats not for my age!!

message 29: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes..."

It's okayyyyyyyy, I have to say. There isn't much blood.

message 30: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo..."

yeah there isnt i have been told

message 31: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Bryanna wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Bryanna wrote: "Totally off topic:

Twilight should have been ONE movie. The directors were just trying to copy what Potter did. It was sooooo long. 50 minutes of wedding/honeym..."

I'm not a huge Twilight fan or anything, but I found the latest movie (Breaking Dawn Part 1) to be rather good, especially compared to the book and previous movies. The books are pretty good in my opinion other than Breaking Dawn. It's far too long. The other books are much better than their movies.

I do agree in you saying they are just copying HP with the 2 part thing, but I think the pace of the movie was quite good. Most of the effects were good, though there was a few scenes that were kinda out there.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Carie (goodreadscomamandacarie) | 2 comments Prisoner of Azakban is my least favorite.
My favorite is between the Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix. I can't choose between those two.

message 33: by Bryanna (new)

Bryanna (bryanna_) Amanda wrote: "Prisoner of Azakban is my least favorite.
My favorite is between the Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix. I can't choose between those two."

I liked the Deathly Hallows. It really ended the series in a good way.

message 34: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Bryanna wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Prisoner of Azakban is my least favorite.
My favorite is between the Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix. I can't choose between those two."

I liked the Deathly Hallows. It rea..."

yeah exactly

message 35: by Irene (new)

Irene (ireene) My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like Prisoner of Azkaban. It's probably because of Lupin and Sirius.

My least favorite one is Order of Phoenix, just like everyone else. I don't know maybe it's because nothing really happened in the movie..not like in the book where it was so exciting!

message 36: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like Prisoner of Azkaban. It's probably because of Lupin and Sirius.

My least favorit..."

Yeah. I totally agree. (I'm Becca by the way. :)) Especially cause the Hall of Prophecies scene was like two minutes in the movie and like 40 pages or something in the book!

message 37: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.

My least favorit..."

but sirius died!!

something imp did happen

message 38: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.

My..."

more than 40 pages !

message 39: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like Prisoner of Azkaban. It's probably because of Lupin ..."

I wasn't completely sure, but you get my point anyway. ;)

message 40: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like Prisoner of Azkaban. It's probably..."

waste to watch that movie

Luna was stupid.

message 41: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like Prisoner of Azkaban..."

Hey! I love Luna. Don't hate on her. :P She's amazing as is Evanna Lynch.

message 42: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some reason, i like P..."

i mean the character was made stupid.Did not she have enough mind to know not to go under the collapsing prophecies

message 43: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know why, but for some r..."

Ok well yeah, but that's what made some people like her. I liked her because she was so unique and always herself no matter what others said about her, and how she was so eccentric.

message 44: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
I don't know w..."

wearing carrot or raddish earrings. Really stupid.J.K rowling made her character unique in a very stupid way!!!!!

message 45: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Rajeshwari wrote: "Becca wrote: "Irene wrote: "My favorite ones are Deathly Hallows part 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban.
..."

Well...maybe a little. But that's Luna, and most people like her. You obviously don't but I do.

message 46: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Christine wrote: "I hate all the movies directed by David Yates.

My favorite is PoA, which is ironic because it's the only movie that was mostly faithful to the book but it made the least amount of money."

I donot watch English movies i watch Hindi

message 47: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Christine wrote: "I hate all the movies directed by David Yates.

My favorite is PoA, which is ironic because it's the only movie that was mostly faithful to the book but it made the least amount of money."

Even DH Part 2? I personally thought that was one of the best movies I've ever seen, and not just of the Harry Potter series.

message 48: by Epic (new)

Epic Sex Stories (EpicSexStories) | 1 comments the last one. the book slowed a lot in the middle, so breaking it into two movies helped.
I write erotica. See my other fotos. Coveting My Neighbor's Wife by Epic Sex Stories

message 49: by Becca (new)

Becca (harrypotterfreak13) Epic wrote: "the last one. the book slowed a lot in the middle, so breaking it into two movies helped."

Christine wrote: "DH Part 2 sucked."

What? Really?

message 50: by Rajeshwari (new)

Rajeshwari (rajeshwariiiii) | 263 comments Becca wrote: "Epic wrote: "the last one. the book slowed a lot in the middle, so breaking it into two movies helped."

Christine wrote: "DH Part 2 sucked."

What? Really?"

thats completely nonsense!!

« previous 1