Beyond Reality discussion

Field of Dishonor (Honor Harrington, #4)
This topic is about Field of Dishonor
SERIES—List & Discussions > Honor Harrington--FIELD OF DISHONOR - first impressions & roll call (*no spoilers*)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chris  (haughtc) It's time for Book #4 of our Honor Harrington series by David Weber group read.

This novel is Field of Dishonor. This is the thread for those just starting out or just getting into it. Feel free to post initial feelings to the events of the story and the characters.

First, a roll call, who's reading or already finished?

Do you like this book better or not as much as the first three? Is the series getting better, holding firm, or losing ground?

Please avoid putting unmarked book spoilers in this thread. Those reading here should realize that even avoiding spoilers, the nature of any discussion of Book #4 means that spoilers for Books #1-3 are likely.

Note: see Stefan's entry here for series information and schedule.

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments Well after my disappointment of Short I think I will take a break from Dame Honor for a couple of months

Suzanne | 98 comments I'm planning on reading this - should be starting soon.

message 4: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments I finally finished Wasteland of Flint this morning (surprisingly good SF) and will start Field of Dishonor at lunch today. Really looking forward to it.

Chris  (haughtc) It might be a few days before I start it. I'm trying to clear my plate of some books that have been on "currently reading" status forever.

message 6: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3088 comments Mod
Done, and it's my favorite so far.

Helen Totally distracted by little additions to your name bars! I have it and will probably read it largely because Kathi likes it! Don't know when I'll get to it though as I'm really behind.

Helen Oooh I've got one too!

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I will start it soon....

Chris  (haughtc) I started last night. I'm enjoying it for the most part, though the politics tend to swirl in my brain.

message 11: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3088 comments Mod
Helen wrote: "Totally distracted by little additions to your name bars! I have it and will probably read it largely because Kathi likes it! Don't know when I'll get to it though as I'm really behind."

Yikes! While I rely on others' recommendations, it never occurs to me that people pay attention to mine--thanks, Helen!

Helen The responsibility.... I've noticed that when I go to comment on a book, you've often saved me the bother! So I shall trust your judgement on this book. ALthough part 5 of Fortress and the monthly fantasy are calling me.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments In spite of my dislike of Honor of the Queen, I decided to try this one. I'm sure I've listened to it, but it is not in my Audible library, so I must be hallucinating. At any rate, I agree that it is an improvement on the previous books so far.

Lindsey | 372 comments Re-read it a few months ago. Definitely remembering some more complexity starting to enter the HH-verse about here in the series. The series starts getting better from here, IMO.