Love Inspired Books discussion

Preparing for Thanksgiving!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
I can't believe we're just over a week until Thanksgiving!!

Who has made plans for the big day?

We're still waiting to decide what we're doing. We were planning on going to my mom's but her house is under construction and it might not be done in time!

I know I'll have to figure out something to make... what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? (And does anyone want to share the recipe??)

Dream

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 33 comments I am having Thanksgiving at my house for my son and his wife and baby and my daughter. I'm still working on the meal ideas. My favorite thing that I just started making in the past two years is my Sweet Potato Casserole! It is wonderful and the family gobbles it down! I think I might also make chess pie. It is yummy!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My holidays are very quiet. Since I have no family or close friends, it's just me trying to kill time to get through the day. Actually, holidays almost feel like just any other day to me now.

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments I will be petsitting! Yep. Not to worry, I will go home to have thanksgiving with my mom.

message 5: by Love Inspired (new)

Kathy, that sounds nice! I love Sweet Potato anything. :)

Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear you don't have anyone to spend the holidays with. Our church is really good about connecting folks who would otherwise spend the holidays alone, so you might check and see if someone near you does that. We've had a lot of fun when we've participated!

Terri, when my daughter gets older, I'm going to have to hook you two up. She'd love to pet sit! Does your mom live close?

The big news around here is that my mom called and the construction guys will finish this afternoon! So we'll head out there for a few days. We're going early and leaving early. We have to be back by Saturday for my daughter's riding class, but also because my FIL got us tickets to see the Lion King as this year's Christmas present!

I'm really wishing I kept better track of recipes. I HATE stuffing. If I could make it more extreme than all caps, I would. That's how much I hate it. But last year, I made one that I really liked. I just don't remember the recipe. Anyone else have something they really hate at the holidays?

Although this year, I won't be doing much cooking. My mom prefers to do it all herself. Any tips for how to contribute when the other person won't let you help?

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments I live with my mom. I go to people's home to stay and care of their pets until they return.

message 7: by Patriciaw (new)

Patriciaw | 48 comments My plans are still unsettled too. Usual meal, I guess: turkey, macaroni and cheese, green beans, stuffing, sweet potatos, rolls, gravy and dessert. I was planning on apple pie, but Hubby sent me a text about a pumpkin cheese cake yesterday. Think that was a hint?

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments we dont have thanksgiving here but will think of you all.

message 9: by Love Inspired (new)

Terri, cool!

Patricia, I think it was a rather delicious hint!

Jenny, you can still have a feast!

I have to admit, I was craving pumpkin pie so bad and didn't want to wait until Thanksgiving, so I baked one last night. YUM!!

Dream

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

try www.razzledazzlerecipes.com. click on turkey recipes, then scroll down. They have LOADS of stuffing recipes!!!

And don't worry, I will eat your share! Its my fav part of the whole meal!

message 11: by Love Inspired (new)

Thanks Karen!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments I will be seeing some family near me next week for Thanksgiving. =)
I love stuffing, mashed potatoes and of course all of the wonderful pies, especially Pumpkin Pie and Pecan pie!

message 13: by Carissa (new)

Carissa My favorite Thanksgiving dishes are Sweet potatoes, Pumpkin Pies, Pecan Pie, and wild turkey not store bought turkey.

message 14: by Lyn (last edited Nov 22, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 218 comments I'm cleaning for out of town company and tomorrow I bake pies! But FYI-I've cobbled together 4 giveaways and reviewed Janet Tronstad's Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek today. http://bit.ly/gRCEBN

ALSO don't forget the big giveaway for Susan Sleeman's Holiday Hideout. Just enter that above and under the book blurb is the giveaway.
Happy Thanksgiving!

message 15: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 36 comments Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, We dont have turkey very often so at this time of year I love the Turkey with stuffing and gravy along with sweet potatoes and broccoli-rice casserole. A pie(any kind) would be nice too- love sweets.

message 16: by Love Inspired (new)

Wild turkey... wow! I don't think I've ever had that! Where would you get wild turkey? Or is that a hunt yourself thing?

message 17: by Carissa (new)

Carissa it's a hunt yourself thing.